• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I guess I’m just soft. If I happened to have a trip that covered those dates with the four of us I’d be happy to take Disney’s $200 credit. Chances are we wouldn’t hit evening apps one of those nights anyway, so a bit of found money. The alcohol part is interesting, but not sure I run up that much of a tab at CR CL anyway. With it only interrupted two nights and breakfast accommodations provided, I’m OK with this, personally. If my trip was only these two nights I’d probably feel differently.

BTW, what is the source of the $25 per night per guest

I guess I’m just soft. If I happened to have a trip that covered those dates with the four of us I’d be happy to take Disney’s $200 credit. Chances are we wouldn’t hit evening apps one of those nights anyway, so a bit of found money. The alcohol part is interesting, but not sure I run up that much of a tab at CR CL anyway. With it only interrupted two nights and breakfast accommodations provided, I’m OK with this, personally. If my trip was only these two nights I’d probably feel differently.

BTW, what is the source of the $25 per night per guest info?
That's a good way to look at it! We were planning to be at the resort those nights and my kids were looking forward to the lounge, but I'm glad breakfast is still available.
The lady I spoke to at Disney yesterday told me about the $25 per night, per guest credit.

That's a good way to look at it! We were planning to be at the resort those nights and my kids were looking forward to the lounge, but I'm glad breakfast is still available.
The lady I spoke to at Disney yesterday told me about the $25 per night, per guest credit.
I think family size makes a difference. So 300 more a night for it but I would get 200 back since I'm 4 people. For 100 I would be getting the breakfast still and coffee. Minus the alcohol, that's always what I use it for. I wouldn't be thrilled but it would work for me. We still do dinners when staying cl. We just lightly snack at evening apps if we make it. We only make it maybe half the times. My kids like the afternoon snacks. We only made evening desserts once out of all our trips.

The Atrium lounge will be completely closed June 29 and 30 with no evening service and only giving a $25 per person per night credit.
Kenny the Pirate blog makes it sound like you can still get food and drinks at CG on those two nights, but they have not specified what they will be providing, so they are giving a credit. That's the only info I've seen. "Guests with stays booked on these floors during the closure can head to the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary for the daily food selections, however everything that is usually provided at the lounge might not be available at the California Grill."

I think family size makes a difference. So 300 more a night for it but I would get 200 back since I'm 4 people. For 100 I would be getting the breakfast still and coffee. Minus the alcohol, that's always what I use it for. I wouldn't be thrilled but it would work for me. We still do dinners when staying cl. We just lightly snack at evening apps if we make it. We only make it maybe half the times. My kids like the afternoon snacks. We only made evening desserts once out of all our trips.
For a family of 4 you would get 100 back per night. Hopefully at least alcohol is included. We were planning a late lunch and then hang out at the resort but now maybe change plans to a nice dinner somewhere😀

I’m going to trust Disney’s email over KtP, which certainly makes it sound like it’s only breakfast at CG (which makes sense to me, trying to overlap with evening service seems logistically challenging). Guess we’ll see though. I’ll repost the text below in case anyone missed it earlier in the week.

As we celebrate Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, we have been refreshing Disney’s Contemporary Resort and are so excited to share its retro-modern feel, incredible new rooms in our iconic tower, new artwork and spaces in our lobby and fully reimagined dining at Steakhouse 71.

We are still putting some finishing touches on The Tower and Atrium Club Level Lounges, which will be unavailable June 27-28 and 29-30, respectively. To ensure your stay is still special while the lounges are closed, we will be providing you with breakfast offerings inside California Grill, a credit to your account upon check-in and a variety of complimentary snacks nearby.

GDT Club Level, four nights, June 6-10.​

Thank you all for adding to the forum. It kept me informed on what to expect at the Coronado Spring Resort. I enjoyed my stay there and it exceeded my expectations for my first time staying at a Disney hotel.
  • I did not make any requests for the room. We were given the view facing the lake side on the 15th floor. It was more than enjoyable for us to be able to out at a great water view.
  • I gave kudos to the cast members especially at the Chronos Lounge. They were very hospitable and quick to respond.

Club lounge food was excellent, breakfast and early dinner food fit our taste.
  • We felt the food during early dinner was enough food for us, so we opted to stay there rather than eat elsewhere.
  • Food is served tapas style, on little plates, great for portion control.
  • I used chimichurri sauce on everything, salads, pasta, bread.
  • I did not take any photos, so listed what we had that week.
  • Hot Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Monday-albondigas, grouper
    • Tuesday-potato, salmon
    • Wednesday-albondigas, cous cous
    • Thursday-palm of hearts, tuna tartare
    • Pasta served daily
  • Cold Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Very healthy salads - asparagus, cucumber, grouper (fish) salad, ham/cheese/pepper skewered, toasted bread, gazpacho

GDT Club Level, four nights, June 6-10.​

Thank you all for adding to the forum. It kept me informed on what to expect at the Coronado Spring Resort. I enjoyed my stay there and it exceeded my expectations for my first time staying at a Disney hotel.
  • I did not make any requests for the room. We were given the view facing the lake side on the 15th floor. It was more than enjoyable for us to be able to out at a great water view.
  • I gave kudos to the cast members especially at the Chronos Lounge. They were very hospitable and quick to respond.

Club lounge food was excellent, breakfast and early dinner food fit our taste.
  • We felt the food during early dinner was enough food for us, so we opted to stay there rather than eat elsewhere.
  • Food is served tapas style, on little plates, great for portion control.
  • I used chimichurri sauce on everything, salads, pasta, bread.
  • I did not take any photos, so listed what we had that week.
  • Hot Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Monday-albondigas, grouper
    • Tuesday-potato, salmon
    • Wednesday-albondigas, cous cous
    • Thursday-palm of hearts, tuna tartare
    • Pasta served daily
  • Cold Food Menu (Early Dinner: Mon - Thu 5pm - 7pm)
    • Very healthy salads - asparagus, cucumber, grouper (fish) salad, ham/cheese/pepper skewered, toasted bread, gazpacho
What did they have for alcohol?

Just catching up with everything, all the food pics are making me hungry this morning!

We are getting closer to our AKL savanna view CL trip and was thinking of emailing in a room request, does anyone have a good room or area to request? Seeing animals the most is our number one priority, shorter walk is two. We have stayed in zebra trail twice, is kudu trail better?

Also, does anyone have any tips for snagging a keys to the kingdom tour? It was my mums dream to do one as she won't be returning to wdw ever again but on the 60 day reservation window nothing was available! I was logged on time and everything and nothing. I didn't know if anyone knew of a way to get one. Is it worth talking to concierge when we arrive? I emailed signature services and that was a pointless exercise. Thanks all and hope you have a great day!

Just catching up with everything, all the food pics are making me hungry this morning!

We are getting closer to our AKL savanna view CL trip and was thinking of emailing in a room request, does anyone have a good room or area to request? Seeing animals the most is our number one priority, shorter walk is two. We have stayed in zebra trail twice, is kudu trail better?

Also, does anyone have any tips for snagging a keys to the kingdom tour? It was my mums dream to do one as she won't be returning to wdw ever again but on the 60 day reservation window nothing was available! I was logged on time and everything and nothing. I didn't know if anyone knew of a way to get one. Is it worth talking to concierge when we arrive? I emailed signature services and that was a pointless exercise. Thanks all and hope you have a great day!
Either trail is pretty much the same as far as CL rooms go, they both overlook the Arusha savannah and it's all the same animals just from a different angle. I've stayed on both sides, and honestly it was pretty much the same for me. Aside from DVC CL rooms none are on the same floor as the lounge, so stating you want to be closer to the lobby would probably be key since you could be further down the hall. Both times at AKL CL I've been about halfway down the CL room area of the halls, honestly not so much further that it makes a huge diffrence, you still have to go upstairs. On the zebra trail you're techincally closer to the elevators, and on kudu you're closer to the stairs (I have bad knees so never took the stairs, on the kudu trail stay I just walk to the elevators which is not that much further away).

As far as the keys to the kingdom tour, I've yet to be able to find a date with availability. It's just really weird that I couldn't find a date even as a solo traveler. Either they're keeping groups ultra super small so only a couple of groups can go, or there is something else weird going on because I've never had this much trouble with tours.

my advice would be to request the rooms most directly opposite (west of) sunrise for the time you are there; if sun rises at 12 position your room should be at 6; when we stayed there for walt's 100th, we had a perfect room; nothing like having the sun come up straight off your balcony over the savannah first thing in morning and watching the animals waking; provided of course you get up that early on vacation as we do ;-) lol;

I had to cancel our September trip a couple weeks ago due to some health issues my husband was having. Well, we got good news and can now travel. Tried booking my dates again, September 13-19 at a cast rate, of course nothing available. Tried Disney+, nothing. Then I tried everyday, one day at a time until I got lucky! We are going September 5-11 staying club level at the Boardwalk with the Disney + discount! I am so happy!

I had to cancel our September trip a couple weeks ago due to some health issues my husband was having. Well, we got good news and can now travel. Tried booking my dates again, September 13-19 at a cast rate, of course nothing available. Tried Disney+, nothing. Then I tried everyday, one day at a time until I got lucky! We are going September 5-11 staying club level at the Boardwalk with the Disney + discount! I am so happy!
I'm glad everything turned out OK with Jim (sorry if I got the name wrong). Glad you are able to go. Did you book your stay one day at a time? I can't find any cl during my stay I'm August. Also at the bwi.

I'm glad everything turned out OK with Jim (sorry if I got the name wrong). Glad you are able to go. Did you book your stay one day at a time? I can't find any cl during my stay I'm August. Also at the bwi.
It’s tough these days to get CL! I tried looking at rooms for my December stay and there’s already hardly anything left, and it’s only June 😭. I shouldn’t be too sad because I already have a WL CL booked, but even if I wanted to move there’s hardly anything there outside of value resorts. Of course I did just get lucky with a CR CL room just over a week out popping up. I was checking a few times a day and rooms were flying off the site within an hour of me seeing them, getting snatched up as soon as they were available. Pays to keep trying though.

It’s tough these days to get CL! I tried looking at rooms for my December stay and there’s already hardly anything left, and it’s only June 😭. I shouldn’t be too sad because I already have a WL CL booked, but even if I wanted to move there’s hardly anything there outside of value resorts. Of course I did just get lucky with a CR CL room just over a week out popping up. I was checking a few times a day and rooms were flying off the site within an hour of me seeing them, getting snatched up as soon as they were available. Pays to keep trying though.
The good news is if nothing else is free you can't keep changing resorts 😆😆😆

Yes, it is Jim. No I didn’t book one day at a time. I just kept going from one day at a time to find dates that were open, like the 12-18, then 11-17. Finally landing on the 5-11! It was tedious but so well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter