Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yep I barely ate anything in both poly /gf lounges. Next up we will be non cl. I got a good rate for CR and kinda got our monies worth with 3 wine drinkers lol. However I think I’ll just buy a bottle and keep in my room for our poly trip in November.

Yep I asked the housekeeper for towels because we got back at 3:30 and ours was to be serviced next but we all wanted a shower NOW after a hot day at Epcot. She said to request early service for next morning. I will say I have not been betting room ready early or early servicing since Covid. It’s been frustrating.. Don’t even ask me about turndown, a much needed service lol.

With the tea room closed I fear scones are gone. The desserts all came from there. I miss the trifle so much!

We had a great trip but felt the cl did not add as much as in the past. The cutbacks can be felt. Little things like the lack of assortment in the coolers for example.

For Cr and poly I will prefer non cl in the future. Rpc I will still do if I can get a discount. The lounge itself is so spacious with 3 floors to spread out in.

I will keep an eye here, hopefully things will turn around.
Ok, now I gotta know, turndown is a much needed service? In all my years of it, I simply don't understand the purpose. So do tell, what is it that is needed? What am I missing? LOL

Speaking of spending Disney money. Like a sucker we bought a few new MB+ for a recent trip. I can usually find at least a little good in most Disney things, and maybe as we use them more I’ll find it… but they sure did seem like a bit of a waste… not to mention the annoyance of having more things to charge….kids arguing because one band goes off and the other’s didn’t, etc. Just all seemed rather silly. What am I missing?
Just something to match more outfits as far as I'm concerned. Not much different than some of the MB that made pretty sounds when you scanned in the turnstiles. Like I had one from F&W about 5 years ago. It clinked wine glasses when I tapped in at Epcot

Thanks for the magic band+ talk. I keep going back and forth with just getting one for me or DH to use, vs all four kids having their own, but it still seems like a hassle. They loved the agent P/Kim possible games in Epcot so I thought it might be similar but I just keep hearing how it doesnt work great and drains your phone battery.
Wondering how it drains the phone battery. I didn't think it did anything with the phone once you linked it to your MDE.

And for the bands, I know you have to charge them for them to interact with stuff or to use them for games and such but even if they aren't charged they function like regular old non+ bands, right?

Ok, now I gotta know, turndown is a much needed service? In all my years of it, I simply don't understand the purpose. So do tell, what is it that is needed? What am I missing? LOL
I haven't stayed CL much, but I always loved turndown service. It was wonderful at GF in regular rooms, even when it got to the point where you had to request it. Regular cleanings were more timely and would happen while my family and I were in the parks for the morning. We'd take our afternoon break to rest and shower before heading out for the night. It was lovely coming back to a refreshed room with the resort TV channel playing, curtains closed, lights dimmed, more fresh towels/toiletries, fluffed pillows, and a GF chocolate! What's not to love? :cloud9:

I haven't stayed CL much, but I always loved turndown service. It was wonderful at GF in regular rooms, even when it got to the point where you had to request it. Regular cleanings were more timely and would happen while my family and I were in the parks for the morning. We'd take our afternoon break to rest and shower before heading out for the night. It was lovely coming back to a refreshed room with the resort TV channel playing, curtains closed, lights dimmed, more fresh towels/toiletries, fluffed pillows, and a GF chocolate! What's not to love? :cloud9:
I guess maybe I'm just not made for pampering. I always opened the curtains back up, Truly hated that they closed them. LOL I don't like them closed till I'm ready to change.

I’m with you @PolyRob, we’d often have a similar routine and there’s just nothing like coming back to the room with it refreshed for the evening. I miss it and make a comment about it on every post-trip survey.
We’ve stayed at FS a few times since Covid and it’s still alive and well there….a nice luxury.

I miss it and make a comment about it on every post-trip survey.

Post trip survey??? I thought that went the way of turn down service?! At least at deluxe resorts. I got a survey for our 1 night at POFQ last week. Nothing from YC or GF. I haven’t had a survey from YC in years, even before closings. I think since the current manager took over. Actually, I think we had 1 for our CR stay in the spring. But we were still on vacation @ YC for several more days. By the time I saw the survey, it was closed & wouldn’t let me take it. I guess they don’t want my feedback. 😂

Poly breakfast this morning. French toast sticks, cheese omelets, spam, oatmeal and then the normal breads/pastries and yogurt and strawberries.

Attachments

• FFC81533-7276-4CB9-93D4-D48F0CCFC38C.jpeg
    FFC81533-7276-4CB9-93D4-D48F0CCFC38C.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 6C80CEAD-9D6F-4842-9DAB-0C6DC4172B89.jpeg
    6C80CEAD-9D6F-4842-9DAB-0C6DC4172B89.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DB0F757D-479E-4DE1-AEEE-B665CC202EC1.jpeg
    DB0F757D-479E-4DE1-AEEE-B665CC202EC1.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 4F554D51-C4C7-4DDA-B86C-397033F40335.jpeg
    4F554D51-C4C7-4DDA-B86C-397033F40335.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 87A10A14-E594-4015-AE29-0F8649866568.jpeg
    87A10A14-E594-4015-AE29-0F8649866568.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
  • F6803240-5148-4A73-BAE1-F229257F2303.jpeg
    F6803240-5148-4A73-BAE1-F229257F2303.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 26
I loved it when it was done properly. No shoving around dirty towels as you’re prepping for bed. Properly timed means housekeeping comes in the morning, you have run of your room in the afternoon, and then during dinner time housekeeping does towels, trash and sets the bed up for sleeping.

Disney Housekeeping lost the timing that made it all flow Pre-Covid IMHO. Housekeeping wasn’t making it to the rooms before early afternoon, turndown turned into a 5pm knock at the door shoving some candy at you 🙄

Kinda unrelated fwiw- this trip my BWI CL room has been cleaned every day before my early afternoon return, a very nice change of pace from my last trip (non-CL BWI) where they only made it like once. I do miss the turndown service. JW Bonnet Creek did turndown service last weekend when I stayed via Amex Fine Hotels program but oddly enough not for the next few nights I booked direct. I guess Disney isn’t alone in figuring out how to stretch their staff.

Well at night you come back to garbage gone, fresh towels replaced and chocolates.

We always take morning, midday and evening showers at wdw. I live upstate NY where is it cool most of the time. I get darn sweaty lol in fla. I need one to wake up, midday to refresh and a shower at bed because epcot at night is hot!

I love chocolate.... anytime..

We have a lot of garbage in general. Shopping, eating, can have those small baskets full fast. DD drinks her weight in water so many cups/bottles too.

I also liked the curtains closed, low lighting etc they did.

12/25 and 12/26 at AKL Club level, has anyone experienced this? We might go to mass in the Contemporary on Christmas morning, might go to AK park on 26th, any ideas for fun and food?

12/25 and 12/26 at AKL Club level, has anyone experienced this? We might go to mass in the Contemporary on Christmas morning, might go to AK park on 26th, any ideas for fun and food?
You should probably check if the mass is still happening, as I know it did not in 2020 or 2021, and there was no Easter mass this year on-site either.

I'm really behind on things (high schoolers schedules have me acting as a taxi cab), but wanted to come on and say that I actually got a call from DSS today for my stay at WL CL in December. I for sure thought they were calling because of my CR Tower CL stay end of October, but no, it's for December lol. She was just reminding me of my ADR day, asked if I had questions or requests, and then said in a kinda sad voice "thank you for actually taking my call". I told her "If I see Lake Buena Vista on my phone I'm picking up!!" lol.

Also reading about all the BWI chef stuff has me sad I no longer have a friend working at WDW I can press for details (her fiance got a promotion and a subsequent move to Chicago, so she went with him), so sad.

I'm really behind on things (high schoolers schedules have me acting as a taxi cab), but wanted to come on and say that I actually got a call from DSS today for my stay at WL CL in December. I for sure thought they were calling because of my CR Tower CL stay end of October, but no, it's for December lol. She was just reminding me of my ADR day, asked if I had questions or requests, and then said in a kinda sad voice "thank you for actually taking my call". I told her "If I see Lake Buena Vista on my phone I'm picking up!!" lol.

Also reading about all the BWI chef stuff has me sad I no longer have a friend working at WDW I can press for details (her fiance got a promotion and a subsequent move to Chicago, so she went with him), so sad.
I received a call from SS early this week too for a December 1 arrival. She said they start making calls 80 days out..and it was 80 days out!
I did read somewhere that the BWI chef is gone but the food being brought in is good. Apparently it was deemed a fire hazard to be cooking in the CL room. Honestly I always wondered how that worked. Several years ago the ventilation system wasn't as good as it is now and the CL hallway always smelled strongly of food. I remember my clothes smelling after sitting in the lounge..to the point that I'd hang them outside to air them out. Thankfully that's no longer the case.

She was just reminding me of my ADR day, asked if I had questions or requests, and then said in a kinda sad voice "thank you for actually taking my call". I told her "If I see Lake Buena Vista on my phone I'm picking up!!" lol.
Same here. If any of my kids see LBV they pick up! They've gotten a few upgrade offers this way (pre covid). :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter