• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Going by gut feeling reading your post but seems like a good trip to try GDT CL in my humble opinion.

As someone with a history/appreciation for the Disney CL product (just judging from your posts), I think you will like it and may find the differences in the lounge/overall setup compared to others interesting.
I was hoping you would reply. Thank you! Yes, we love the disney CL product. I think our kids are similar ages, do yours like the food at GDT?

Don’t forget that GDT is a moderate, so you won’t be eligible for any EEH should those be on your radar. Other than that Chronos Club is a great vibe, and we really enjoyed our experience there in January. In fact, I enjoyed the offerings there more than I did the ones we had at WL two weeks ago. I also didn’t feel so far removed from everything at GDT than I did at WL, but that may not matter to you with a mostly resort-centered trip.

Thank you for the comparison. All good points to think about.

Anyone hear anything about CR CL availability for the summer/early fall? Still seems to be totally blocked out. I tried chatting with someone today and they were clueless—claimed the rooms are all just sold out. 🤦‍♀️
Keep trying but Disney has the RPC CL work at the GF to also manage along with normal CR CL usage that accounts for the shortage of available CL rooms at the CR as the rumors have it.

Chatting is just for general questions, you will want to call and speak to a CM.

Dave

I've been playing around with dates to squeeze in a quick CL stay this summer. I really want to go back to BWI because its our favorite but I can't find anything with the Disney visa or FL resident discount. The only CLs I can get to come up are GDT and WL. WL is $100 more/ night. This would be mainly a resort only stay with 1 after hours party, not sure of the park until I nail down dates. We've stayed at WL CL several times but I dont love the dormer balconies and the pool is just okay. We have yet to stay at GDT CL. We used to stay at CSR all of the time but haven't stayed since they built GDT. Which would you all choose?
I have done most every CL and absolutely LOVED the CL at GDT. The lounge is gorgeous and the cast members are fantastic! Breakfast was great and the baked goods in the morning (and desserts in the evening) were next level. The only critique were the evening food options. While I enjoyed them...when I traveled with my parents (picky eaters), they disliked the food. Also, the child's option was pasta and red sauce every night (no rotation). My parents ended up eating pasta every night.

Recent menu was shared by another member:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64697997

was hoping you would reply. Thank you! Yes, we love the disney CL product. I think our kids are similar ages, do yours like the food at GDT?

Full disclosure I haven’t stayed there since CL reopened so I’m behind on current food info so best to let others chime in. I was more in love with the actual space (a lounge actually built to be a lounge), the abundant and unusual food/drink, and what I thought were great and highly attentive CMs.

As a resort I really liked CSR and found it very beautiful and relaxing.

Very similar. That being said, Grand Californian has the best club level of them all in my opinion - highest quality food/drinks…and themed napkins!

We really enjoyed GCH. It was a step above DLH cl.

I felt they were pretty similar to WDW however COVID closures have changed all of them somewhat,

The lounge at DLH was similar to CR.
GCH had nice outdoor seating which we enjoyed.

I did the lounge at GCH and thought it was pretty good for lunch and breakfast. The evening options I felt were good as well but not a complete dinner- vey small bites. From stuff I read about some WDW lounges the evening options there at some lounges are quite larger and could serve as dinner. I’m doing Poly and BWI lounges this summer so I can report back. Doing GCH again in April with club.

Thanks, glad to know it’s similar to what we are used to at WDW. Now, the important question…is GCH CL *that* much better than DH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? The week we are going there’s a $500 a night difference between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thoughts? Not trying to derail the thread with talk of the “wrong” coast, and I’ll also ask over in the DL forum, but wouldn’t mind a CL Expert Perspective. ;-)

Thanks, glad to know it’s similar to what we are used to at WDW. Now, the important question…is GCH CL *that* much better than DH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? The week we are going there’s a $500 a night difference between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thoughts? Not trying to derail the thread with talk of the “wrong” coast, and I’ll also ask over in the DL forum, but wouldn’t mind a CL Expert Perspective. ;-)
All I can say is that I would not spend $500 a night more for GCH over DLH unless I really needed the short walk to /from parks. It’s not that much better food/lounge wise. However it is better and sometimes it is worth doing an occasional splurge.

I am NO help😂

Sometimes I choose based on $ and others I crave a “special” trip. I kind of mix it up.

Last trip I booked Tower CL at CR a splurge for DD’s bday. Yet I just booked a non cl WL courtyard room for Sept. The price was great at $350 for a deluxe which has been hard to come by. We have 2 nights at GF with a convention rate after and we will do mnsshp and d23 so a different kind of trip.

Bday we did a lot of eating. That girl of mine is a foodie.

See what DH wants to do? Sometimes mine will surprise me and pick opposite of what I guess.

I would pay a max of $200 more per night to stay GCH over DH CL.

Hello. My DD is a CP right now and booked GF main bldg, King room, club level April 14-17 for the 2 of us. I have some food allergies fish, shrimp, white rice, squash, almonds. I know at the restaurants they ask, do they do the same at CL? Also, any insight on rooms, location, food options would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hello. My DD is a CP right now and booked GF main bldg, King room, club level April 14-17 for the 2 of us. I have some food allergies fish, shrimp, white rice, squash, almonds. I know at the restaurants they ask, do they do the same at CL? Also, any insight on rooms, location, food options would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
I would contact Signature Services in advance, just to note down your allergies. I have not had much success with the lounge actually receiving the notice of allergies, but I would recommend Emailing them, so they will have them on record. If they call you prior to your stay, just remind them of your allergies, and then mention it once again when you check in at the concierge desk on the Club level floor. In my past experiences, some club levels are very accommodating, while others are not. Good luck and I hope you have a great time!

I've been playing around with dates to squeeze in a quick CL stay this summer. I really want to go back to BWI because its our favorite but I can't find anything with the Disney visa or FL resident discount. The only CLs I can get to come up are GDT and WL. WL is $100 more/ night. This would be mainly a resort only stay with 1 after hours party, not sure of the park until I nail down dates. We've stayed at WL CL several times but I dont love the dormer balconies and the pool is just okay. We have yet to stay at GDT CL. We used to stay at CSR all of the time but haven't stayed since they built GDT. Which would you all choose?
I’ll chime in again with how wonderful the GDT cast is! I could go on and on and annoy everyone with how wonderful they are haha!

GCH so much better than DH for club experience. GCH has sandwiches for lunch. We saved so much money eating at the club because you can pop in and out of the parks…. It’s steps away. The evening selection can supplement a light dinner at a QS. It’s not worth the extra $500 if you plan on eating at parks for your meals at TS. I much prefer TS at WDW versus DL so for us club is absolutely perfect for our DL stays.

Has anyone booked a club level room at Beach Club lately? I was just checking & couldn’t get a single CL room to come up for the rest of the year. Well, I did see the Newport suite show up twice over the summer. But every combination of dates I tried, even in September, not even 1 room. I was looking at rack rates, BTW. Wondering if I missed a refurb announcement. I know they’ve been working on the villas, so maybe the hotel, starting with CL soon?

Has anyone booked a club level room at Beach Club lately? I was just checking & couldn’t get a single CL room to come up for the rest of the year. Well, I did see the Newport suite show up twice over the summer. But every combination of dates I tried, even in September, not even 1 room. I was looking at rack rates, BTW. Wondering if I missed a refurb announcement. I know they’ve been working on the villas, so maybe the hotel, starting with CL soon?
I search once, sometimes twice, a day for reservations during the summer right through thanksgiving time frame. Epcot CL's have been scarce, which surprises me because usually I can find at least one of them with availability. The only thing I can think is maybe they've blocked off BC and YC just in case they need to move BWI people due to renovations possibly taking longer than planned, or other upcoming renovations that I don't know about. Seems like BC has to be due soon? Same with monorail resorts - trying to snag GF or CR has been overly difficult maybe because of the pending RPC renovations and keeping CR blocked off to move people as necessary. I wanted CR for MNSSHP and every single category is available except the entire CL. Ironically the only CL that keeps popping up for me is WL, which has always been hard for me to get. So I have that one booked for 3 upcoming trips lol which I know I need to tweak. Oh, AKL and GDT usually show availability for me, but those are not on my radar right now.

Thanks @TJA. I know CR & GF have been gone for a few months now. I’ve seen BWI & YC at rack rate when searching lately. This is the first time I noticed BC totally gone for all year. I didn’t look at YC specifically. @GADisneyDad14 posted about the manager change before I looked. I was thinking the new GM has inventory on hold until they have plans set & any guests moved too.

This! We are staying Poly CL on our upcoming trip and arent going into it thinking we will find monetary value. This will be our first time staying CL and our first trip with our kids both being real adults and still wanting to vacation as a family. We wanted to elevate our level of vacation and happened to get our CL room on the Spring room discount. It was a tough decision to make to spend the extra money but we just couldn’t pass on Poly where we have always wanted to stay - CL is the icing on the cake. We plan to enjoy the club breakfast most days and maybe the appetizers a few times over the week and have a little more relaxing time this trip. I’m sure DH will also be thrilled with on demand coffee nearby. I do agree that we will likely be spoiled for future trips….but oh well - we‘ll deal with that problem next time!
CL at the Poly is the best situated of all CL IMO. It's just as easy to pop up to the lounge for a beer as it is to go to the Barefoot pool bar.

How long is your stay? I’ve found it easy for me to find rooms since I don’t do long stays typically. I stayed club in beach a couple months ago

How long is your stay? I’ve found it easy for me to find rooms since I don’t do long stays typically. I stayed club in beach a couple months ago

I looked at all different dates & lengths of stay. The whole year, nothing I checked showed even 1 CL room. We’re retired & can be very flexible, lol. But after a few dates, I was just on a mission to see if anything showed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter