Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Ok this isn’t CL related but you all are so nice, I just wanted to ask here.

First of all, we’re staying YC CL and everything here is so nice.

Unfortunately, we had a little problem at MK today. My son really wanted a pair of Haunted Mansion ears (the ones with the glow in the dark eyes) and we bought them. About 4 hours later, he and my husband used the bathroom near PotC. He handed them to me when they went in. We got on the train afterward and when we got off at the next stop, we realized we didn’t have them. I went back immediately to where we had been and of course they were gone. Couldn’t have been more than 45 min. Probably closer to 30. Anyway, I filed a claim with lost and found. Does anyone have any lost and found success stories? I hope no one took them but I don’t have a lot of faith in humanity. It was just so disheartening to only have those for a couple of hours.
We left a substantial amount of stuff on our balcony at AKL a while ago (coverups, swimsuits, pool toys), filed a claim, never got them back. I think Disney uses a third party to file claims.

I would've tried to go to guest relations and explain the situation. Sometimes they can make magic happen.
It’s been at the resorts, but I’ve had had decent luck with lost and found over the years. While I have less faith in humanity, I do have faith in CMs. Hope it works out for you!
Based on our experience, I have less faith. The items we left were not high priced or sought after. It's pretty clear housekeeping would have seen them and could have turned them in, but we never got them back and it was a bunch of stuff. Not a single item returned.

Very interesting! I had no idea WL had the add on option and is smaller. Can you add on if you stay as DVC or cash DVC? The 350 number came up in a conversation with a Poly chef I spoke to when discussing safe options with allergen restrictions. I wonder if thats what they plan for and that's why it can cleaned out easily when at max capacity.
I have the same question about adding on CL if staying on DVC points. Anyone?

We transferred from BC CL to WL yesterday. My DD’s bff is here with us and she left her AirPods in our BC room. She was able to track them and it showed they were in the room but they wouldn’t let us look. The CM did go in and look and couldn’t find them. We filled out a lost item claim so hopefully they get back to her.

Also asked about the CL add on here at WL. $148 a night, not sure if there’s any restrictions for DVC. We didn’t do it bc you have to add it for the length of your stay and our flight is super early tomorrow. Would have done it if they allowed for just one night.

Very interesting! I had no idea WL had the add on option and is smaller. Can you add on if you stay as DVC or cash DVC?

It has been our understanding that the option to add CL access is restricted to guests of WL. Copper Creek is legally a separate entity. We have added CL access to our WL reservation several times. I hate the dormer balconies on the Cl floor so this option is great for us. :)

The only reason that the WL CL is an add-on option is that the CCV conversion took away about 50% of the CL Rooms. It is still capacity limited.

You could ask at the Front Desk but expect the answer to be no since you are in the CCV side of the main building. As @Wood Nymph indicated above the CCV is different from the WL side of the main building.

If you manage to get some Fairydust please return here and let us know.

Dave

I have been reading some of the comments here about bad guest behavior and have to relate something we saw last week while at the AKL club lounge. One evening during the dessert service, we saw a family of three - I assume two parents and one teen-age or young adult - swoop in and each load up a plate with about 9-12 cookies, pile of various tarts, and 3-4 ice cream bars - EACH. I watched as they casually walked out of the lounge and around to the other side of the floor to one of the suites. My wife and I were just dumbfounded - we wondered if it was all for that one night? maybe there was a family of 15 in the room? Maybe they thought there would be a dessert shortage? A valid reason is that just maybe they were loading up for a few days and I guess they could have kept the ice cream bars in the full size freezer in the suite.

So big change at GST. No more self serve beer and wine at app time. The wine portions are tiny too. I got one to take to the pool at noon and they gave me triple the amount. You can ask for as much as you want though. Also is this a new menu? Steak and scallops tonight. I don't remember these at our May stay this year.

Attachments

• 20230802_172643.jpg
    20230802_172643.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230802_172637.jpg
    20230802_172637.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230802_170554.jpg
    20230802_170554.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 63
So big change at GST. No more self serve beer and wine at app time. The wine portions are tiny too. I got one to take to the pool at noon and they gave me triple the amount. You can ask for as much as you want though. Also is this a new menu? Steak and scallops tonight. I don't remember these at our May stay this year.
Glad to see new dishes. I enjoyed the wide open lounge last year but they were really hurting for meat dishes…and the sliced salami and cheese was visibly stale at night (they reused from earlier and I guess didn’t store well). Maybe time to try again :)

Last edited:
Glad to see new dishes. I enjoyed the wide open lounge last year but they were really hurting for meat dishes…and the sliced salami and cheese was visibly stale at night (they reused from earlier and I guess didn’t store well). Maybe time to try again :)
They had salami, ham cheese too but all very fresh. They did not have that this afternoon. They also had a green gazpacho that didn't taste too different then how grass smells. In addition, they had mini corn dogs, veggies and the tomato brushetta and garlic toast. Everything was great, except the gazpacho, just seemed like less options then when we were here in May. The beer and wine take up 1/3 of the main counter.

So big change at GST. No more self serve beer and wine at app time. The wine portions are tiny too.
I hate asking -- it feels like I'm asking for something that I already paid for. That's a big, bad change. I might re-think my Oct. stay if this becomes a permanent thing. But, thanks for the heads up!!

Unfortunately, we had a little problem at MK today. My son really wanted a pair of Haunted Mansion ears (the ones with the glow in the dark eyes) and we bought them. About 4 hours later, he and my husband used the bathroom near PotC. He handed them to me when they went in. We got on the train afterward and when we got off at the next stop, we realized we didn’t have them. I went back immediately to where we had been and of course they were gone. Couldn’t have been more than 45 min. Probably closer to 30. Anyway, I filed a claim with lost and found. Does anyone have any lost and found success stories? I hope no one took them but I don’t have a lot of faith in humanity. It was just so disheartening to only have those for a couple of hours.
My son's magic band came off at the alien swirling ride. I just figured I would buy a new one the next morning. We headed to Savis and then our after park closing adr at Oga's. On our way out we asked the CMs that were waving goodbye at the gate if there was a lost and found. Turns out someone who got in the ride after us turned it in to the CM working it. I was shocked. Hope you get it back.

My son left his Yeti water bottle at BC a week ago. I got a text today asking me if a different Yeti water bottle was his (different blue color). Also, I found a phone in the bathroom at Disney Springs and the woman cleaning the bathroom carefully wrapped it in paper towels and put it in her apron. All that to say- they definitely try to reunite you to your lost item.
Definitely agree that they try to reunite. On a recent trip, my son left one of those monkeys he won at the Boardwalk. Disney mailed it back to us with the sweetest note. They spent more money mailing it to us than the monkey cost. Another time, we accidentally left an entire drawer full of clothes. We received the clothes back a short time later without asking for them. Both times, we didn’t even realize we had left them behind. Unlike other places where we did realize we left it behind and asked for them to send it to us, Disney has never charged us for shipping it to us. It just showed up!

is the GF club level open now during renos? I know the main building is shut, but is sugarloaf operating? thank you!!

Yes! In years past, we were told that we had to allow a minimum of 24 hours though before the items would arrive at L&F.

Now that isn't to say they have found every item we've lost over the years, but we have had some amazing recoveries. We once dropped something just as we were boarding the monorail. It fell into the opening between the car and the platform. Amazingly, we got that back! A few times my extended family has left purses/bags on a chair (when dining) and gotten them back.

I hope you get them back.

I have been reading some of the comments here about bad guest behavior and have to relate something we saw last week while at the AKL club lounge. One evening during the dessert service, we saw a family of three - I assume two parents and one teen-age or young adult - swoop in and each load up a plate with about 9-12 cookies, pile of various tarts, and 3-4 ice cream bars - EACH. I watched as they casually walked out of the lounge and around to the other side of the floor to one of the suites. My wife and I were just dumbfounded - we wondered if it was all for that one night? maybe there was a family of 15 in the room? Maybe they thought there would be a dessert shortage? A valid reason is that just maybe they were loading up for a few days and I guess they could have kept the ice cream bars in the full size freezer in the suite.
Maybe they were hungry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter