• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Looking for a little help from all the CL experts. We have two water view rooms booked at WL in early January and that's because we are a family of 4 adults now and just need the extra space. I recently learned that you can possilby add CL to your room at the WL desk when you check in but it's not guaranteed. My question is, could we add CL to one room and take our boys in as guests if we are given the opportunity?
just put them on the room you are adding CL to. Room #1 you and your husband and child 1 and child 2 using their REAL NAMES if not adults if adults use their MIDDLE NAMES for the CL room and their REAL NAMES for room #2 (their room).

You have to do this if they have MDE accounts. you can get room cards for all of you for the CL lounge room.

If you do this, you are not breaking any rule. You are not being "shady" since you added them to the CL room.

Because they’ll be double registered unless OP lies about their names and that could potentially cause issues, although I don’t recall seeing if anyone has ever tried it. The consequences of it going wrong are just too serious... Like if you book 2 flights with Southwest, Southwest will cancel one and won’t give you a choice in it. How great would it be to arrive at WL and find out a room was canceled because you double registered? Or both rooms were cancelled because of fraud prevention or something? Have you seen Disney’s rack rates?! *faint*
You don't lie about anything. You simply put your MDE name on one room and your middle name on the second room. You can't have your MDE name listed on more than one reservation.

OP would be paying for the guests on the CL room unless they were children under 18.

You don't lie about anything. You simply put your MDE name on one room and your middle name on the second room. You can't have your MDE name listed on more than one reservation.

OP would be paying for the guests on the CL room unless they were children under 18.
I had my name on two reservations a few months ago. The only issue I had was when I had to call to add someone to the room in which I was staying. The CM asked if I knew my name was on another room, and I said yes, for the AP discount. She said, okay. That was that.

It's not lying when you register them under their first name for one room and middle name for another? :rotfl2:

C'mon. Just own it.

just put them on the room you are adding CL to. Room #1 you and your husband and child 1 and child 2 using their REAL NAMES if not adults if adults use their MIDDLE NAMES for the CL room and their REAL NAMES for room #2 (their room).

You have to do this if they have MDE accounts. you can get room cards for all of you for the CL lounge room.

If you do this, you are not breaking any rule. You are not being "shady" since you added them to the CL room.

You also have to pay the extra adult fee for the extra 2 adults in one room. And it do when you ask if CL is even available to add on. So they know there’s 4 adults being added, not just 2.

Played a game of resort switching musical chairs over the last couple days for my trip next week & it looks like the music has stopped and GDT CL has won! A flurry of availability has popped up the last couple days for AP rates on my dates and I bounced around from non-CL rooms at GDT, AKL and WL then landed on GDT CL when I saw it was cheaper than WL and now the system says call to change. I decided it’s a sign I am simply meant to scout GDT CL before I bring my whole crew in April 😝

Played a game of resort switching musical chairs over the last couple days for my trip next week & it looks like the music has stopped and GDT CL has won! A flurry of availability has popped up the last couple days for AP rates on my dates and I bounced around from non-CL rooms at GDT, AKL and WL then landed on GDT CL when I saw it was cheaper than WL and now the system says call to change. I decided it’s a sign I am simply meant to scout GDT CL before I bring my whole crew in April 😝
Haha someone as crazy as me. Happiness is finding what you want, when , and right price👍

Well, I'm back home in Chicago, where it's a balmy 20 degrees :( and here to report on my fabulous long Thanksgiving weekend at WDW. Had a fantastic one night stay at the GF Royal Palm Club, TPV room. This was my first stay at GF RPC, where my daughter is a CM. Was it all it's cracked up to be? For me, an emphatic YES! It's beautiful, outstanding service, fabulous room view. The 2 days I spent hanging out in the lounge was extra fun, spending time with my daughter and her great team of co-workers at the RPC. They were all so nice. Abdul, Irv, leader Peyton, etc. Great people. Also met some super nice RPC guest "regulars". After night 1 we moved over to 3 nights Resort View, but were pixie-dusted up to TPV in Conch Key, which was awesome - sunrise photos from that room are below.

About the GF RPC food and drink offerings... I can't say enough.
The food was phenomenal. I'd read some stuff here about mid-day offerings being nothing but bagged chips. Not true. There were bagged chips, fruit, fresh and delicious bakery offerings (day 1 was cookies and brownies, day 2 was cookies and blondies), excellent quality and delicious hummus, veggies, and a substantial salad (day 1 was a fabulous tortellini salad and day 2 was a fabulous tomato salad). Definitely more than enough for lunch for me and my crew. I thought hubby might want to go down to Gaspy's and get a burger for lunch, but he was more than satisfied making a lunch meal out of pretzels & hummus, the excellent salad, and bakery items.

Breakfast. YUM. I wish I had some of Saturday's biscuits and gravy right now. The ham was especially delicious. Dinner... oops, I mean "Appetizers", was plenty to make a dinner for us. Me, hubby, CM daughter and 19 year old daughter were more than satisfied with the apps as our dinner. Evening desserts were outstanding. Blueberry cheesecake was the highlight for me. Delicious. Beverage selections of juice, soda, alcohol were plentiful.

Loved the Nespresso machine w/all the fixins for anything coffee, tea, cocoa you'd like to make. My CM daughter made us some excellent peppermint hot cocoa, knowing just the right amount of pumps of peppermint syrup to use. I guess she's had some practice, ha ha.

I took a few photos, including one of my daughter Haley I'm sharing with her permission. Her whole team (including leader) came over to our table and surprised her with a Magical Moment and treats. She was shocked and delighted. So fun.

Misc items I liked - staying at RPC, you have the opportunity to fill out an order form to order anything from the Gingerbread house shop in the lobby and have them delivered to your room. Nice perk, because the line for the Gingerbread house was LONG at all times. There's a very cute display of the Gingerbread items on the 3rd floor of RPC by the concierge desk. We took advantage of that. Now this is a dumb thing, but I loved the "VIP Elevator" which lets you out next to Gasparilla Grill. I usually take the walking path to the MK, and I appreciated having a way to skip the lobby mayhem. (Although it is really fun taking the gold elevators from the lobby with people going up to 2, and swiping your magicband and pressing 4 and having the floor 2 folks say "Oh.... you're on the special floor!' ha ha ha...) One Misc. side note - the RPC balconies on the front and the back are still closed. That didn't matter to us, because we had TPV, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Bottom line, would I do RPC again? Yes, if my whole family of 4 is with me. In that case, I feel that the value is there. For my solo trips to visit my daughter? No. I'd stick to Resort View. Okay, now for a few photos. Sadly lacking, I'm not great at remembering to take photos of my surroundings, but I know Trish has photos covered :)

IMG_5840.jpgIMG_5834 (1).jpgIMG_5836.jpgIMG_5835.jpgIMG_5833.jpgIMG_5832.jpgIMG_5831.jpgIMG_5816.jpgIMG_5813.jpgIMG_5811.jpg

Well, I'm back home in Chicago, where it's a balmy 20 degrees :( and here to report on my fabulous long Thanksgiving weekend at WDW. Had a fantastic one night stay at the GF Royal Palm Club, TPV room. This was my first stay at GF RPC, where my daughter is a CM. Was it all it's cracked up to be? For me, an emphatic YES! It's beautiful, outstanding service, fabulous room view. The 2 days I spent hanging out in the lounge was extra fun, spending time with my daughter and her great team of co-workers at the RPC. They were all so nice. Abdul, Irv, leader Peyton, etc. Great people. Also met some super nice RPC guest "regulars". After night 1 we moved over to 3 nights Resort View, but were pixie-dusted up to TPV in Conch Key, which was awesome - sunrise photos from that room are below.

About the GF RPC food and drink offerings... I can't say enough.
The food was phenomenal. I'd read some stuff here about mid-day offerings being nothing but bagged chips. Not true. There were bagged chips, fruit, fresh and delicious bakery offerings (day 1 was cookies and brownies, day 2 was cookies and blondies), excellent quality and delicious hummus, veggies, and a substantial salad (day 1 was a fabulous tortellini salad and day 2 was a fabulous tomato salad). Definitely more than enough for lunch for me and my crew. I thought hubby might want to go down to Gaspy's and get a burger for lunch, but he was more than satisfied making a lunch meal out of pretzels & hummus, the excellent salad, and bakery items.

Breakfast. YUM. I wish I had some of Saturday's biscuits and gravy right now. The ham was especially delicious. Dinner... oops, I mean "Appetizers", was plenty to make a dinner for us. Me, hubby, CM daughter and 19 year old daughter were more than satisfied with the apps as our dinner. Evening desserts were outstanding. Blueberry cheesecake was the highlight for me. Delicious. Beverage selections of juice, soda, alcohol were plentiful.

Loved the Nespresso machine w/all the fixins for anything coffee, tea, cocoa you'd like to make. My CM daughter made us some excellent peppermint hot cocoa, knowing just the right amount of pumps of peppermint syrup to use. I guess she's had some practice, ha ha.

I took a few photos, including one of my daughter Haley I'm sharing with her permission. Her whole team (including leader) came over to our table and surprised her with a Magical Moment and treats. She was shocked and delighted. So fun.

Misc items I liked - staying at RPC, you have the opportunity to fill out an order form to order anything from the Gingerbread house shop in the lobby and have them delivered to your room. Nice perk, because the line for the Gingerbread house was LONG at all times. There's a very cute display of the Gingerbread items on the 3rd floor of RPC by the concierge desk. We took advantage of that. Now this is a dumb thing, but I loved the "VIP Elevator" which lets you out next to Gasparilla Grill. I usually take the walking path to the MK, and I appreciated having a way to skip the lobby mayhem. (Although it is really fun taking the gold elevators from the lobby with people going up to 2, and swiping your magicband and pressing 4 and having the floor 2 folks say "Oh.... you're on the special floor!' ha ha ha...) One Misc. side note - the RPC balconies on the front and the back are still closed. That didn't matter to us, because we had TPV, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Bottom line, would I do RPC again? Yes, if my whole family of 4 is with me. In that case, I feel that the value is there. For my solo trips to visit my daughter? No. I'd stick to Resort View. Okay, now for a few photos. Sadly lacking, I'm not great at remembering to take photos of my surroundings, but I know Trish has photos covered :)

View attachment 814361View attachment 814364View attachment 814362View attachment 814363View attachment 814365View attachment 814366View attachment 814367View attachment 814368View attachment 814369View attachment 814370
I am so glad that you finally got to experience RPC, and even better that Haley got to enjoy it and was pixie dusted with special treats! My daughter and I love her and all the other cast members you mentioned. 😊

Haha someone as crazy as me. Happiness is finding what you want, when , and right price👍
I can't believe how many CL rooms I see now with the AP discount. At one point there was nothing left! Staying at BWI regular room next week and I will keep checking to see what opens up. That is the one resort that doesn't seem to have any discounted CL rooms.

Either lots of people cancelled or they couldn't sell the rest of the rooms at the non-discounted price.

I can't believe how many CL rooms I see now with the AP discount. At one point there was nothing left! Staying at BWI regular room next week and I will keep checking to see what opens up. That is the one resort that doesn't seem to have any discounted CL rooms.

Either lots of people cancelled or they couldn't sell the rest of the rooms at the non-discounted price.
Keep checking! You can apply AP up to date prior. Good luck!

I've never been this indecisive before this trip I have next week! And, yeah, leading up to it the options were rack rate or be grateful for what you snagged a couple months ago. Now, it's like 50% of the rooms are available at AP rates! I was literally stopped by Disney's system yesterday when I changed a few times in one day and it just started erroring out and then I was like "yeah... this needs to end, I've changed resorts so much I don't even know what to be excited for anymore!" :scared: But, I've spent today thinking about getting to return to Chronos Club for the first time since 2019 and the lovely CSR Xmas decor and I'm content!

I do wonder how it will math out in the end for them. I hope they'll find out pulling those general public and D+ offers so early and then choking FL/AP rates wasn't the smartest move. Like, how many people are booking last minute Disney trips for the first week of Dec?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter