Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

What's a reasonable amount of time to budget to get from CR to the WL? We have an 8 pm reservation at WCC the second night of our trip and would prefer to take the boat, only because it seems like a fun mode of transportation. We're huge Uber fans and more than willing to use it if it'll save a huge amount of time, but my SO has never taken a Disney boat ride before and I think he may enjoy it!
The boat ride itself only takes about 10 minutes. But the boats only run about every half hour. We just missed the boat and had to wait the 30 minutes for them to come back. Make sure you get on the boat going directly to WL, the other boat goes to FW first, then to WL.

The boat ride itself only takes about 10 minutes. But the boats only run about every half hour. We just missed the boat and had to wait the 30 minutes for them to come back. Make sure you get on the boat going directly to WL, the other boat goes to FW first, then to WL.

Thank you! So 40 minutes is about the maximum amount of time total? I guess we'll play it by ear depending on how much time we have. Thank you!!

I know there is a coffee maker in the units, but do the Studios in BLT have Keurig machines where we can bring our own K Cups? If not, what kind of coffee should we be bringing for the type of machines they have?

I know there is a coffee maker in the units, but do the Studios in BLT have Keurig machines where we can bring our own K Cups? If not, what kind of coffee should we be bringing for the type of machines they have?
No. DVC has Mr Coffee style 10-12 cup coffee makers. You are given one, maybe two (with one decaf) prepackaged coffee pouch that makes 4-6 cups on each service day. You need to bring your own flat bottom basket style filters and coffee if you drink more than they provide. You might have a 4-6 cup coffee maker and you can ask Housekeeping to bring you the larger one if you want it.

We stayed here on our first trip last year and LOVED it. This year, we are going for my daughters cheer competition and have the package at CSR booked through cheer but it's only for 5/2-8 and we were responsible for booking 5/1. I managed to score CA Grill May 1 for firework viewing and we have MK as our park day with CRT PPO ADR May 2. All signs seemed to point to CR for May 1 so I bit the bullet and reserved our room for 1 night here. I'm so excited.

I am having a problem scrolling through the first posts with the photos and couldn't read the facts about this resort so forgive my question - Are the only rooms available in the main building/tower club level?

I am having a problem scrolling through the first posts with the photos and couldn't read the facts about this resort so forgive my question - Are the only rooms available in the main building/tower club level?

There is the Garden section that has rooms.

Do you mean in the separate building called the Garden Wing? I know about the other buildings just had a question about the main building.

Yes, I guess I don't understand the question then. There are rooms in the main building, and they are not all on the Club level, if that was what you were asking.

Yes, I guess I don't understand the question then. There are rooms in the main building, and they are not all on the Club level, if that was what you were asking.
Sorry! I was wondering about the building the monorail goes through. I thought that was the main building, regardless I should have explained better. So there are regular rooms there? I think I got confused by the Disney site when it listed Tower - Bay Lake View the first time I looked at it and I was thinking that meant Bay Lake Tower. So if the Disney site lists Tower - Bay Lake View, that is a regular room in the monorail tower? It lists that room for 636. Do those rooms ever get discounted? Did I get anything right? Thanks for trying to help me!

Sorry! I was wondering about the building the monorail goes through. I thought that was the main building, regardless I should have explained better. So there are regular rooms there? I think I got confused by the Disney site when it listed Tower - Bay Lake View the first time I looked at it and I was thinking that meant Bay Lake Tower. So if the Disney site lists Tower - Bay Lake View, that is a regular room in the monorail tower? It lists that room for 636. Do those rooms ever get discounted? Did I get anything right? Thanks for trying to help me!

Oh, sorry. So there are three buildings.
Main - Where the monorail goes through
Bay Lake Tower - This is a DVC building, you can rent points and stay there.
Garden Wing - This is the building off to the side.
I guess you could say that there is also the Convention center, but no rooms there. (That I know of anyway.)

There are rooms in both the Main building, and the Garden wing. Subtle differences, and I think the Garden is usually lower in price than the main. There are club level rooms in the main building that cost more, and give you access to some extra things not available to other rooms.

Hope that helps.

No--there are non-club level rooms in the main building.

The main building has regular rooms with 2 views - Bay Lake View and Theme Park View - depending on which dude on the building the room is on. Bay Lake Tower is a separate “resort” for booking purposes. If you are searching under the Contemporary Resort, you’ll see available rooms in the main tower or garden wing only - not those at Bay Lake Tower.

As for discounts, yes, it happens, but they don’t need discounts to entice people to book here :) Though they are definitely easier to come by in the Tower than GW.

Hey Contemporary Lovers!

I am a solo traveler thinking of staying 2 nights at the end of my upcoming trip in April. Convince me to stay two nights in the Garden Wing - Garden View room. During these two days, I will be at the resort 90% of time ... just relaxing by the pool. The pictures make the pool area look so "open" and uninviting ... how do you like the pool area? Are the Garden Wing rooms nice? Some of the pictures in the opening pages make this resort look very run down and not up to par with other deluxe resorts. Thanks for your input. =)

Hey Contemporary Lovers!

I am a solo traveler thinking of staying 2 nights at the end of my upcoming trip in April. Convince me to stay two nights in the Garden Wing - Garden View room. During these two days, I will be at the resort 90% of time ... just relaxing by the pool. The pictures make the pool area look so "open" and uninviting ... how do you like the pool area? Are the Garden Wing rooms nice? Some of the pictures in the opening pages make this resort look very run down and not up to par with other deluxe resorts. Thanks for your input. =)
I stayed at the Contemporary last October and it's a great resort. However the pool area is quite bland in my opinion. There is a circular pool next to the beach and a free form type pool that has a fountain spraying water into the pool. There are two hot tubs near the main pool. If you looking for a resort that has a great pool area, I'd recommend either the Yacht Club or Beach Club. You'd have access to Stromalong Bay which is a mini water park.

We are staying on points at BLT studio later this week. If needed, can we request more paper plates?

Yes, there are both regular and club level rooms in the main tower, which is the building that the monorail travels through. If you booked a "tower Bay lake view" then that is a non-club room in the building that the monorail travels through (tower) with a view of bay lake. You will LOVE the beautiful views! Enjoy!

I'm staying in the Contemporary Garden Wing - Standard View in April. Any room requests you'd recommend? I'm tempted to ask for a balcony- and perhaps I'll get lucky and they will decide to fulfill that request by giving me a room in the tower?

I'm staying in the Contemporary Garden Wing - Standard View in April. Any room requests you'd recommend? I'm tempted to ask for a balcony- and perhaps I'll get lucky and they will decide to fulfill that request by giving me a room in the tower?

We've stayed in these rooms a couple times and really enjoyed them. We like outdoor space so I have requested ground floor/patio as well as "close to tower" so we wouldnt have too far to walk. I don't think upgrades to the tower are all that common, so I would not waste your request with something that is so unlikely to happen! You'll be happy with garden wing, though, its much quieter and more relaxing that the main building, which can feel hectic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter