Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I have a stay Dec 8th to Dec 11th that I just changed from Beach Club to Contemporary. I booked it because it was a little cheaper than Beach Club and figured it would be good to be close to MK for Christmas Party. I see the Garden area is not in the main tower. Did I downgrade my self going to the Garden section over staying at Beach Club?

I have a stay Dec 8th to Dec 11th that I just changed from Beach Club to Contemporary. I booked it because it was a little cheaper than Beach Club and figured it would be good to be close to MK for Christmas Party. I see the Garden area is not in the main tower. Did I downgrade my self going to the Garden section over staying at Beach Club?
The Garden wing is right next to the main hotel. It is a shorter building (there used to be another at the north end, but that was torn down to build BLT) and there is a covered walkway between the two. We liked the Garden Wing because you weren't relying on the elevator all the time.

The Garden wing is right next to the main hotel. It is a shorter building (there used to be another at the north end, but that was torn down to build BLT) and there is a covered walkway between the two. We liked the Garden Wing because you weren't relying on the elevator all the time.

Will this make my walk to MK longer?

Will this make my walk to MK longer?
Not really, maybe ten or twelve big steps longer. It's really close to the main building. You just cut through the lobby and walk over to the bus stop or walk up to the monorail or just walk over to the MK past the bus stop.

CR is our “fall” hotel, primarily so we can walk to MNSSHP or MVMCP, depending on the case. Really can’t beat it.

Obviously you’re trading off unmatched Epcot access for unmatched MK access when you’re comparing BC vs CR.

Garden Wing rooms have patios on the first floor, no balconies on the second floor - so request first floor if that’s a concern for you (of course requests aren’t guaranteed).

The walk from the Garden Wing to MK is slightly longer than if you’re staying in the Tower, but we’re not talking a major time difference or distance.

As @Deb & Bill references, one ‘gripe’ about staying in the Tower can be slow elevators at times, so you don’t have that to deal when in the Garden Wing.

CR is our “fall” hotel, primarily so we can walk to MNSSHP or MVMCP, depending on the case. Really can’t beat it.

Obviously you’re trading off unmatched Epcot access for unmatched MK access when you’re comparing BC vs CR.

Garden Wing rooms have patios on the first floor, no balconies on the second floor - so request first floor if that’s a concern for you (of course requests aren’t guaranteed).

The walk from the Garden Wing to MK is slightly longer than if you’re staying in the Tower, but we’re not talking a major time difference or distance.

As @Deb & Bill references, one ‘gripe’ about staying in the Tower can be slow elevators at times, so you don’t have that to deal when in the Garden Wing.
The second and third floors of the Garden Wing will have Juliet balconies. You can slide open the big window, but there isn't any where to stand outside. There are bars keeping you from falling out of the open slider.

The second and third floors of the Garden Wing will have Juliet balconies. You can slide open the big window, but there isn't any where to stand outside. There are bars keeping you from falling out of the open slider.

Thanks for the correction. Brain cramp, had two floors in my head for some reason.

Thank you for that. It was hard to give up BC but my sister has always wanted to stay at Contemp so when it came up for cheaper I thought i should jump at it. I am a little bummed about the quick access to Epcot and HS but with the gateway getting more people soon I am wondering how that will effect the quickness of BC. Thank you guys for reassurance. One last question do they have Freestyle Machines? We have DxDDP so we will have a mug.

Thank you for that. It was hard to give up BC but my sister has always wanted to stay at Contemp so when it came up for cheaper I thought i should jump at it. I am a little bummed about the quick access to Epcot and HS but with the gateway getting more people soon I am wondering how that will effect the quickness of BC. Thank you guys for reassurance. One last question do they have Freestyle Machines? We have DxDDP so we will have a mug.
I understand your struggle, I am doing a CR/BC split stay this fall for MNSSHP and DHS/Epcot access!

Contempo Cafe does not have Coke Freestyle Machines. It has the classic style machine. The only monorail resort with Freestyle machines is GF.

I understand your struggle, I am doing a CR/BC split stay this fall for MNSSHP and DHS/Epcot access!

Contempo Cafe does not have Coke Freestyle Machines. It has the classic style machine. The only monorail resort with Freestyle machines is GF.

Thank you. We are staying one night at GF so we will enjoy that then.

A great deal came up for YC water view today and I had to jump at it. Every time I try to get YC its always way too much so I switched back to the DHS/Epcot access. I just wish my GF day was the party night so I could have made it work perfect but I guess I will be jumping on a bus to YC after the party lol

A great deal came up for YC water view today and I had to jump at it. Every time I try to get YC its always way too much so I switched back to the DHS/Epcot access. I just wish my GF day was the party night so I could have made it work perfect but I guess I will be jumping on a bus to YC after the party lol
There is still time! I haven't submitted my DME because I always change my resorts around 😂 Glad you were able to secure a good rate!

No actually the views from the Gw at Cr are much nicer than BC. Bc has lots of views of parking lots and roofs. Won’t get that at CR.

You’ll love walking to mk too!

No actually the views from the Gw at Cr are much nicer than BC. Bc has lots of views of parking lots and roofs. Won’t get that at CR.

You’ll love walking to mk too!

Thank you for that but we have switched to YC when an offer came for water view. It was a tough decision for sure though.

When is your trip?

I have 3 this year. Oops I got crazy, Labor Day weekend, 9/14/15 and Columbus.

Lake house we bought in 2015 is finally almost done with gut and rebuild. My Disney trips will be far less , more like me and dd only .

When is your trip?

I have 3 this year. Oops I got crazy, Labor Day weekend, 9/14/15 and Columbus.

Lake house we bought in 2015 is finally almost done with gut and rebuild. My Disney trips will be far less , more like me and dd only .
I currently have two left this year. 10/23 for MNSSHP at CR/BC and 12/7 at BC/Poly for MVMCP. I am also trying to head down for the SWGE AP preview, but the flights are insane. I have BWI CL and CSR booked if the prices drop to something I am comfortable with!

Congrats about the house! I am sorry your WDW trips may decrease. There is never enough Disney. 😂 At least you will still visit with your DD! Sometimes trips like that are the best.

I'll be checking into the Contemporary Garden Wing in 3 days! We've never stayed there, I'm excited, and a little nervous. Quick question, can you refill your mugs anywhere other than Contempo Cafe in the main tower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter