• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

there is no guarantee of a Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View, but your preference can be noted.

This is weird to me because there is a price difference when booking. If I'm paying extra for a MK view, I expect to get a MK view. :mad:

Can anyone clarify?

Cars aren't actually registered to the guest. At check-in, you're given a parking pass that has your reservation number on it. This goes in the windshield of the car after you park it. You could put it in any car. If you're using any car and you need to park at CR where you're a registered guest, just ask for the pass when you check-in.

So would this allow them to park for free at the parks as well?
Just thought about that.

Also, how are the buses to AK and HS? Dedicated bus for CR or does it stop at other resorts as well?

Also, how are the buses to AK and HS? Dedicated bus for CR or does it stop at other resorts as well?

Hi,
In 2012, it worked that the CR busses went to the Poly then to the AK/HS. On the way back, the AK bus stopped first at Blizzard Beach, then returned to the CR-Poly.

And, for the logorail! We'll be there 5/10-17, CR Garden Wing. First time back to the CR since we were young...
-mike

This is weird to me because there is a price difference when booking. If I'm paying extra for a MK view, I expect to get a MK view. :mad:

Can anyone clarify?

This only applies to the Queen bedded rooms on the 14th floor (Tower Club) there is no price difference in these rooms.

Regular tower rooms and 12th floor Atrium Club rooms have different prices for Bay Lake View and MK view.

Once upon a time all rooms in the 1-12th floor of the tower were the same price. 14th floor has always been more expensive.

:) Ready to hop onto the monorail!!

The Pas clan has made a change :rotfl2: I know, total SHOCK!! We are booked at CR GW GV (2 rooms) August 22-29th :goodvibes This is our first CR stay, and hopefully not our last WDW stay. Fingers crossed, little DS enjoys it :drive:

So would this allow them to park for free at the parks as well?
Just thought about that.

Yes you have the ability to park at the parks for free with the parking pass at the resorts.

Depending on how full the bus is, it may stop off at the poly. When I was on the bus last month, it picked up at the Contemporary and immediately went to the poly before going anywhere else. I was surprised that it didn't go to the GF but it didn't.

Yes you have the ability to park at the parks for free with the parking pass at the resorts.

Depending on how full the bus is, it may stop off at the poly. When I was on the bus last month, it picked up at the Contemporary and immediately went to the poly before going anywhere else. I was surprised that it didn't go to the GF but it didn't.

Thank you so much for the answer!

For all staying in Garden View rooms before our first CR stay please post reviews ... first vist for us to CR and I am nervous of the walk to MK but not sure I want to monorail it ! LOL .. Also looking for an idea on what room to maybe request for our short visit to the world ! We are only there for 3 park days

For all staying in Garden View rooms before our first CR stay please post reviews ... first vist for us to CR and I am nervous of the walk to MK but not sure I want to monorail it ! LOL .. Also looking for an idea on what room to maybe request for our short visit to the world ! We are only there for 3 park days
. I love CR because of the walk to MK, it's really close. I'm a bigger guy and didn't like idea of extra walking during my first stay at CR, but once I tried it we almost never take the monorail now. We always stay at BLT which is a bit closer than the garden wing, but it's still a 5 to 10 min walk depending on your speed.

Aug 20-24 Tower bay lake view
:thumbsup2

We have a tower room with a MK view booked for one night! We then transfer over to AKV-Kidani 2 bedroom suite with a savanna view.

Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:15am. We are getting a rental car and figure our arrival time at hotel will be around 11am. (We have a 4 year old and 2 year old)

My plan is to check in, hope our room is ready but if not...eat lunch and head for the pool. Are there 2 pools? Which pool is best for a 4 & 2 year old? I saw they have cabanas by one pool. I'm debating getting a cabana if our room isn't ready so we have a place to relax. Hoping we can do that day of?!

Thanks in advance for the help!!
Welcome. You might get to CR prior to 11 and your room might be ready. It depends on whether they've assigned you to a room that was occupied the previous night.

There are two pools at CR: The feature/Mickey ear-shaped pool and the Bullseye or Bay Lake pool, which is considered the quiet pool. Your kids will use the feature pool which has the slide and some fountains and is next to the children's water feature area.

The cabanas should be reserved in advance and can be rented for full and half days. There is more pool and cabana information and photos HERE in the thread. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Can anyone clarify?
If you booked a MKV, you will get a MKV. As NJRRK posted, only Tower Club Level/14th floor room views are not bookable. The booking for them is a little confusing, but they read "Standard Club Level Room," and Tower Club and 14th floor aren't noted in the booking. Atrium Club bookings will read "Atrium Club" and the views are now bookable.

Hi,
In 2012, it worked that the CR busses went to the Poly then to the AK/HS. On the way back, the AK bus stopped first at Blizzard Beach, then returned to the CR-Poly.

And, for the logorail! We'll be there 5/10-17, CR Garden Wing. First time back to the CR since we were young...
-mike
I'd be happy to add you!

:) Ready to hop onto the monorail!!

The Pas clan has made a change :rotfl2: I know, total SHOCK!! We are booked at CR GW GV (2 rooms) August 22-29th :goodvibes This is our first CR stay, and hopefully not our last WDW stay. Fingers crossed, little DS enjoys it :drive:
:hyper::yay:
My magical erasing RC quill will erase you from the Lodgers' Log and your CR dates will magically appear in the Log-orail:wizard:

No need to worry, just like Spork24 posted, the walk is about 10-15 minutes from the furthest GW room and it's magical to walk toward the MK and see SM and the Castle and hear the train. It's actually shorter than waiting and riding the monorail.

For a GV/GW room, the rooms that front Bay Lake are amazing. You can walk right out to the beach and pool from a ground floor room. The rooms that face the canal are also very quiet and nice, but some have obstructed views from trees. The ground floor rooms have patios, but there are no balconies in the GW.

With the Garden view rooms, are there any steps or other barriers that would cause difficulty driving an ECV to MK?

With the Garden view rooms, are there any steps or other barriers that would cause difficulty driving an ECV to MK?
There is a covered walkway and automatic doors at the GW which lead right to the Tower next door. The walkway to the MK begins after you walk past the bus stop area between the Tower and BLT and it is HA with ramps on the sidewalks.

:hyper::yay:
My magical erasing RC quill will erase you from the Lodgers' Log and your CR dates will magically appear in the Log-orail:wizard:
Thank you!!! :hug: I also booked a cabana for a full day of leisure at the pool! DH said this is the first change where it makes sense, and looks great. I did good :goodvibes

Just wanted to post a bit about my recent stay at the CR etc. A few things about the room that I was disappointed with where 1) There is no full length mirror in the room ANYWHERE. Not even in the bathroom. I thought this was pretty odd. We girls like to check ourselves out before we leave the room. Especially if we're dressing up for dinner. Waist up. That's all you're gonna get. Another thing is 2) the lack of counter space in the bathroom. I solved this problem by just laying a towel out on the sink when I got ready in the morning. Not a huge deal. Not as inconvenient as the missing full length mirror. Other than this the room was awesome. The view was exceptional if you don't mind seeing roof tops and parking area. Didn't bother me a bit! Mousekeeping was good. There was one day when my daughter left the room later in the morning than us and she accidentally left the do-not-disturb sign on the door. The DIS came through for me (as always) and I was able to find the direct number to the CR while we were at AK. I called and let them know and our room was done when we got back a couple of hours later. Check-in was smooth. I did NOT do online check-in (just ran out of time). We arrived at around noon on a Friday and our room was ready for us. Check-out was the same. I let the CM checking us out know that there was a drawer full of clothes left behind by a previous guest and she immediately got on the phone to mousekeeping so they could go collect it. She thanked me for that. She asked me when we discovered this and I told her that it wasn't until that morning as my mother just assumed they were mine and my DD's and never said anything. It wasn't until we were packing up that she learned they weren't ours. It was several items of clothing too. Looked like the previous guest forgot a completely full drawer! Hopefully they'll be returned. I know I left behind a pair of ankle boots at the WL one visit and never realized it until they arrived in the mail! I was shocked that Disney had taken the time to do that. Another reason I'm a fan. The monorail was back in service when we arrived. I was so relieved at that news. We got the refillable mug and that worked out great. No issues at all. Just need to remember that you have to wait 90 seconds before you can refill it. FYI... We loved getting the soft serve ice cream ($4 and they give you a clear plastic "bowl") and making our own root beer floats. So good. I transferred the ice cream to a metal Castaway Club mug and then poured the root beer into that. Kept it ice cold! My daughter just made hers in the refillable mug. Yummy! Wish the FP+ and MDE were as efficient. Thought I would like not having to run for FP's but NO. This new system did not work for us. Not too worried about it as I know it will be changing in the near future to add more FP's per day.... however, one of our main problems was REMEMBERING when to use them! It's just too easy to get side-tracked by this or that and before you know it, your FP time has come and gone and there's no getting it back. Now you're down to just 2 FPs. Not cool. I read before I left that WDW was becoming slack with keeping trash picked up. I have to agree on this one. There was one ride where a bunch of trash had accumulated on the inside wall of a loading area. Bottles and such. Not cool. We did run across a couple of downright rude CM's inside the parks but otherwise every CM we encountered was your typical friendly and helpful Disney CM. I really appreciate them!! There were a couple that rode the elevator down with my DD the morning we left and she said they chatted with her and one helped move her luggage to the front lobby. Wish every CM was like that but people are people. All in all it was a good visit.

Just booked the deluxe garden room for a quick "girls" trip with my sister, niece and daughter. The room looks so unique! We normally stay at the grand floridian so I am looking forward to the change. It's been since 1981 since I've stayed at to he CR!! :)

My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision :)

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

Just wondering how true that is. What to manage my expectations!
So excited.

Thanks for the info about the accessibility of the walkways. Am hoping to book a deluxe garden room for my 60th birthday next year.

Just booked an "adult only" trip for this Nov 14-17!!!!
:cool1:
We were down at WDW a couple weeks ago but sadly I BROKE AN ANKLE THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!!:sad2: Because we have a son with Autism who eats, sleeps, breaths Disney, we just didn't have the heart to cancel 24 hours in advance. So we went.......and it was difficult.....and even tho I had a scooter I could feel every bump. Plus, I'm non-weight bearing, so I really couldn't transfer to ANY rides :confused3. We even came home 3 days early. DS son still had an AWESOME time cuz DH took him everywhere he wanted to go (well, basically he only wants to do the monorail.....which was sadly down 11:30-7..... but, eh, what are you gonna do??):). As long as he's happy we're happy...after 5 days of being in the WORLD he was ready and willing to come home! :)

Anywoo.....while I'm stuck with one leg being elevated for the next month, at least now I have something to look forward to!! :cheer2:

Just booked an "adult only" trip for this Nov 14-17!!!!
:cool1:
We were down at WDW a couple weeks ago but sadly I BROKE AN ANKLE THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!!!!:sad2: Because we have a son with Autism who eats, sleeps, breaths Disney, we just didn't have the heart to cancel 24 hours in advance. So we went.......and it was difficult.....and even tho I had a scooter I could feel every bump. Plus, I'm non-weight bearing, so I really couldn't transfer to ANY rides :confused3. We even came home 3 days early. DS son still had an AWESOME time cuz DH took him everywhere he wanted to go (well, basically he only wants to do the monorail.....which was sadly down 11:30-7..... but, eh, what are you gonna do??):). As long as he's happy we're happy...after 5 days of being in the WORLD he was ready and willing to come home! :)

Anywoo.....while I'm stuck with one leg being elevated for the next month, at least now I have something to look forward to!! :cheer2:
Sorry to hear about your ankle, but I am glad your DS had a great time. I went with a broken foot, and a walking cast. It wasn't easy with the kids though, and it hurt :( YAY for an upcoming adults-only trip!!:cheer2:

My daughter and I are doing a split stay. First part of our trip at POR and second at Contemporary. I'm soooo excited I FINALLY made a decision :)

Question - I was reading that if you request and pay for a theme park view that it's actually a bit of a crap shoot as to whether or not you actually get a good view or if you are looking at the roof of the convention center.

So excited.

:wave2: I've never stayed CR but all TPV rooms seem amazing, but looking down it is the parking lot. But sitting on the balcony looking straight ahead will be amazing. The Bay Lake Views are nothing to sneeze at either pixiedust:

So excited.

This is just my own opinion, and probably not the norm, but we really love the Bay Lake View and I actually prefer it. Now, this may be based on the fact that our CR stay was CL, so we had access to the lounge with the MK view when not in the room. But I thought the Bay Lake View was so quiet and peaceful and a wonderful retreat from the parks while having MK so close and convenient at the same time! For this reason, and the fact that TPV includes some parking lot, we'll always book Bay Lake View. Just a thought if you're worried about the TPV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter