Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Can you watch fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck even if you aren't staying at the CR? And do they pipe in the music? Looking at an ADR for the 4th of July, but maybe staying at a different resort...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes and yes and I love it! One of my favorite spots to watch wishes is on any of the fire escapes ...quieter, usually have it to myself and I can hear the piped in music from the 4th floor!

Hi, I wonder if anyone here may be able to help me.... I am looking for availability in a garden wing room (could possibly stretch to tower bay lake view) for 20th august 2015, 10 nights.

At the moment only club level rooms available, do you think this means that the rest of the resort is full already?

Thanks

Can you watch fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck even if you aren't staying at the CR? And do they pipe in the music? Looking at an ADR for the 4th of July, but maybe staying at a different resort...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You can and they do pipe in the music, but in our experience it's not very loud. We've watched from the Poly beach (although that may not be an option anymore if you're not staying there) and that was much better. Also, if you have a room facing MK at CR, you can turn the tv to a certain channel and will get the music which is nice.

We decided to stay a night at CR before our DCL cruise leaves to see how it measures up. Normally we stay do CL deluxe (I'm a BC fan, but this trip DH wanted to try something new). Only being one night and not knowing much about the resort, I just booked a standard room. Our trip is just a week away now. We want to "experience" the resort, so DH wants to stay in the concourse. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say to get a little pixie dust? I am not sure what the concourse rooms are even referred to as.

We decided to stay a night at CR before our DCL cruise leaves to see how it measures up. Normally we stay do CL deluxe (I'm a BC fan, but this trip DH wanted to try something new). Only being one night and not knowing much about the resort, I just booked a standard room. Our trip is just a week away now. We want to "experience" the resort, so DH wants to stay in the concourse. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say to get a little pixie dust? I am not sure what the concourse rooms are even referred to as.

DOn't know about the pixie dust as I have never gotten any upgrade pixie dust in any of my stays at DW, but the rooms in the tower are called tower rooms (as opposed to the garden wing rooms which are in a separate building. Concierge level is either Atrium Club Level (12th Floor) or Tower Club Level (14th Floor). Please check out the first page of this thread as it has everything you would want to know about the CR, easily laid out and ready to access. Have fun on your cruise and good luck on the pixie dust!

For those who have stayed at both BLT and the CR, which do you like better? I just became a DVC member and my home resort is BLT. I chose it mainly for my love of the CR, but I've never actually stayed at BLT. Our first trip will be next April, in a 1 BDR Lake View. I am hoping to love it just as much as I love the CR… give me the good and the bad! Thanks!

Hello

This December will be our first time staying at Contemporary!! We just booked a Tower Theme park View. I'm curious as to what that means...

We usually stay at Grand Floridian Theme Park View so I am aware of what theme park view means... but not sure at Contemporary what rooms that would be. Tower makes me wonder if its Bay Lake Tower?

Any good rooms to request? Like I said, we usually stay GF theme park view (at least for the past 2 Decembers (2012 wedding/honeymoon and 2013 1st anniversary), so this trip will be our 2nd anniversary trip and I just wanna make sure that we request a good room to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Thanks!
Michelle

We are planning our first visit to CR in Ocober for 15 amazing nights!

We are getting married while we are there, so was hoping for a king bed only room, are there any of these in the garden wing which is what we have booked or should I look at upgrading? We just need as much floor space as possible with 15 odd people in my room the morning of the wedding!

We'd love to stay at the CR for part of our trip next April, but budget-wise we could probably only do this in a discounted Garden Wing room.

Do any of you CR fans know if the Garden Wing rooms are historically included in room only discounts? If so, would you recommend booking ahead and waiting for a discount to be applied or booking when discounts are released?

Thanks in advance!

For those who have stayed at both BLT and the CR, which do you like better? I just became a DVC member and my home resort is BLT. I chose it mainly for my love of the CR, but I've never actually stayed at BLT. Our first trip will be next April, in a 1 BDR Lake View. I am hoping to love it just as much as I love the CR… give me the good and the bad! Thanks!
DH and I are also DVC members since May 2012 so kinda newbies! We have stayed Atrium level at CR and of course BLT. BLT gives you much more room (providing you are staying in a 1 BR or bigger) and having two bathrooms just makes it easier! There is a small washer and dryer so less clothes you have to bring and more room in the suitcase for Disney souvenirs!!!:banana: we don't use the kitchen much since it is just the two of us. The plus of CR is you get mousekeeping everyday which does not happen at BLT. Atrium level at CR gives you the wonderful food and extra attention but then there are smaller rooms and just one bathroom. All in all we think BLT is a better choice !;)

We are getting married while we are there, so was hoping for a king bed only room, are there any of these in the garden wing which is what we have booked or should I look at upgrading? We just need as much floor space as possible with 15 odd people in my room the morning of the wedding!

Just had to say hope you have a magical wedding ! We will be there at BLT 19-25 Oct so maybe we will see you!

Thanks for adding us and for the room view response, Kook. We changed it to requesting high floor and "even numbered room", after I looked at the DVC room view thread.

Hi all! Does the Wave restaurant still offer free beer tastings to BLT guests on Saturday afternoons? If so, do you have to be DVC members, or just staying at BLT? TIA! :goodvibes

If it's within your budget, you should consider reserving a King Deluxe room in the Garden Wing. There are only 3 of them, but they have King-sized beds and quite a lot of extra space.

Yay for you!!! My husband and I had a Disney wedding in 2007 and we also stayed in the CR garden wing rooms. When I was getting ready it was just me, my two sisters, and two ladies doing our hair and makeup and it was pretty crowded :crowded: Are you really going to have 15 people in there at once!? If so, I'd consider possibly requesting connecting rooms and having a couple rooms open to walk between? Let me know if you have any Disney wedding questions (although the DIS has a FABULOUS wedding board!) We also did an Illuminations dessert party and a MK photo shoot if you're doing either of those and have questions :)

Hi all! Does the Wave restaurant still offer free beer tastings to BLT guests on Saturday afternoons? If so, do you have to be DVC members, or just staying at BLT? TIA! :goodvibes

Say WHAT!?!?!? Anxiously awaiting an answer :banana:

DH and I are also DVC members since May 2012 so kinda newbies! We have stayed Atrium level at CR and of course BLT. BLT gives you much more room (providing you are staying in a 1 BR or bigger) and having two bathrooms just makes it easier! There is a small washer and dryer so less clothes you have to bring and more room in the suitcase for Disney souvenirs!!!:banana: we don't use the kitchen much since it is just the two of us. The plus of CR is you get mousekeeping everyday which does not happen at BLT. Atrium level at CR gives you the wonderful food and extra attention but then there are smaller rooms and just one bathroom. All in all we think BLT is a better choice !;)

Thanks! Makes me feel better…and I should transition easier than you since I've never stayed club level! Do you ever pay for the extra housecleaning or trash/towel service?

Thanks! Makes me feel better…and I should transition easier than you since I've never stayed club level! Do you ever pay for the extra housecleaning or trash/towel service?

Yes, we did do the extra towels and trash since we tend to go through lots of towels at home and tend to create lots of trash for two people !:confused3

Yes, we did do the extra towels and trash since we tend to go through lots of towels at home and tend to create lots of trash for two people !:confused3

I think we will do it also. I don't care so much about the cleaning since I pretty much pick up as I go along, but I like having fresh towels. I'll just have to budget for it. I believe it's about $20 per day, correct? Do you tip on top of that too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter