Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

X2

The Wave is an excellent dining option for any meal, in my humble opinion.
Completely agree.

And while we've always had a reservation, I've never seen it without a few empty tables.

Once we booked a lunch ADR while on the ME heading to CR, so that may be another option if you want to be guaranteed a table but are still deciding at the last minute. :)

This morning, an 8:30am trip took 50-minutes to EC! Between CR security scrutiny, and missing a Monorail connection at TTC, it was a definite pain in the buns.

On the bright side, our 11am return was much smoother, 8mins EC-TTC, then the transfer was easy and we stopped at PV for Dole Whip Floats.
If you have bags, strollers, etc, then you need to go through security again at Epcot. Then go through the ticket turnstiles. Seems like they never have enough turnstiles open at Epcot.

This is my last night in the Tower, I move to the south garden wing tomorrow for a few nights. I'm hoping for a magical upgrade tomorrow, hoping I will not need to change rooms

Completely agree.

And while we've always had a reservation, I've never seen it without a few empty tables.

Once we booked a lunch ADR while on the ME heading to CR, so that may be another option if you want to be guaranteed a table but are still deciding at the last minute. :)
Yeah, I agree with @Cluelyss, every time I’ve gone to The Wave I’ve made the ADR either that day on the fly or maybe the night before. I wouldn’t take getting an ADR for granted, but it’s usually possible to get it to work it in your favor without too much pre-planning.
Thank you both for the reply! It would be nice for once to not have to book at least 1 of our ADR's and just decide when we are actually hungry, LOL. I think we may take a chance not booking an ADR at The Wave and seeing what is available when we are there.:)

We're getting close to our December trip. We had a great vacation in 2012 and stayed at BLT in 8116. I know we can't put requests in for certain rooms, but what is the best way to request this type of MK view, instead of say, 8130? We're staying in a 2 bedroom (not sure if it's a dedicated or lock off). There will be 6 of us. I put in a request for a high floor but I wonder if something more direct would be better...

Checked at the front desk around 7 this morning to coordinate moving to the garden wing from the tower. I didn't need to move and could stay in my Magic Kingdom view room. Just took a few minutes to change the room over to the new reservation. Yay!

Nice Pixie Dust! :wizard:

For anyone staying at the Contemporary on Halloween day, here is the schedule of spooky activities -

This is my last night at Contemporary Resort, it's been an amazing visit!

CR Halloween.jpg

A first-time poster here, as I'm just a few days from finalizing plans for a four-day stay in at the CR in October 2018 with my DD (will be 10, I hope I have my abbreviations right)!

I've spent the better part of the past two days debating between CR and BW, but the threads and comments have been very helpful in making that decision. Thanks to all of you for your help, and I look forward to learning more from all of you to make it the best trip possible!::MickeyMo

... There is also a boat that goes to Wilderness lodge correct?

You betcha. It's a smaller boat and it serves the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. (under 5 min to the Lodge, I believe.) You may even get lucky and get the singing boat captain.

If you need a change of pace and an inexpensive meal, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point in the Lodge are at least on par with the CR options. The lobby is really fun to hang out in, too.

Hope you enjoy it! CR is pretty much the best building in the world.

Thank you! There's a lot I do like about BW, but the more I thought about how we'd likely spend our time (most likely starting the day early and ending our evenings at MK), along with a couple of other factors, everything points to staying at CR. Plus, we're always a monorail ride and a short walk to the BW area if we want to explore during some down time!::MickeyMo

We have just confirmed our reservation at BLT for September 2018. We are so excited! A question about transportation, we have little kids and like taking midday breaks, how doable is it for AK? I heard the buses take a long time to get there and back, how long do they really take? Will renting a car be something we should do? (we will be going 1 day to seaworld)

You betcha. It's a smaller boat and it serves the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. (under 5 min to the Lodge, I believe.) You may even get lucky and get the singing boat captain.

If you need a change of pace and an inexpensive meal, Roaring Fork and Geyser Point in the Lodge are at least on par with the CR options. The lobby is really fun to hang out in, too.
Thank-you we have reservations at Whispering Canyon (DH request). I will have to check out Roaring Fork and Geyser Point in case we want to go back. Less then 5 minutes makes that possible.:)

The singing captain is one of WDW’s true hidden gems.

On our last trip, I started talking to one of the cast members working the window at Geyser Point... and it turned out she was dating the Singing Captain. Luckily, I only found out because I mentioned I was a fan!

Hi again.
Checking into blt this morning around 830. I know my room won’t be ready...but. Where do I check in? The Contemporary orbit lobby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter