Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I just read no epcot monorail for this month, I hope that isn't true. The source says we will be bused to Epcot :(
However a plus to that is leaving Epcot you don’t have to climb that ramp 😂

Also it eliminates needing 2 monorails to get there.

Most likely they will do resort bus sharing but that doesn’t take too long.

Agree though entering Epcot on the monorail is always magical!:wizard:

We will be the day after! (7/11) Anything in particular you’d like to know? We are also hoping more restaurants open when the hotel reopens. (California Grill, Sand Bar)
Yes please. Are you ordering grocery delivery? We are also hoping more restaurants open. Are you at CR or BLT.?
Any info appreciated. Have a great trip😁

We got moved from Wilderness Lodge to CR yesterday. We've stayed in CR before but in a Theme Park View room. They switched us for free to a garden wing room from a standard room at WL, but I'm actually kind of worried we won't love CR as much in the garden wing. I do, however, love the location. We're planning to drive to all parks and this definitely helps with getting to MK, which I think is the most difficult park to navigate getting to if you're driving yourself. It is what it is, I'm just happy to be going in a little over one month!
We love the garden wing. I think it’s the best deal on property. At times with discounts you can get a garden wing room for close to the price of a moderate, and walk to the Magic Kingdom!

For you CR/BLT veterans, what makes the CR and BLT special to you?
Being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom!! And we love the bustle in the main Contemporary area. Walking out of your room to the Chef Mickey’s music etc is pretty cool to us. If you have a theme park view room - opening your balcony door right at MK opening and hearing the opening music.

The Garden Wing is the best overall value at CR in IMO. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle, right on the water if you get the right room, great little patio facing the beach area, a short walk to the main tower and pool and yet 1/3 the price of a tower room. Personally I'm not a fan of all the noise in the tower rooms, view is awesome but it is offset with the amount of coming and going. In the Garden Wing the only people over there are the ones staying so its much more peaceful.

We always stay in the Garden Wing, with some deals (like some have said) you can get them for the same price as a moderate! Walking to the MK simply cannot be beat! ;o)

Yes please. Are you ordering grocery delivery? We are also hoping more restaurants open. Are you at CR or BLT.?
Any info appreciated. Have a great trip😁

Thank you! No grocery delivery for us, only going for a couple days and it’s just a 2 hour drive. Staying in CR Garden Wing. Hoping for ground floor 🤞🏻

We always request the same room and have always got the one we wanted or the one next to it either side (fingers crossed it stays that way!) we would use the Touringplans faxing function to do that for us.

Here is a walk through of our last room on our last trip there:

We are (hopefully) going to Disney Easter week 2021. currently have a split stay booked between BC and CR (garden wing). We usually stay at the WL so this is a bit of a change for us. Anything we should be aware of? We have one daughter who’s 4. I think the rooms are a bit bigger at CR versus the WL, correct?

We got moved from a pool view king AKL Jambo (non DVC) to Garden Wing Garden View for our one nighter on Aug. 4. I just put in my room requests via MDE chat listed in priority order 1) Ground floor, 2) Water view, 3) King bed. Hoping for one of the rooms on the far end that are closest to the water.

Question, I've heard that when you get your room assignment via the app (we did online check in), if your room number doesn't match what you were looking for (like if it's not ground floor), you can call and see if they have any other options they can move you to. Anyone done this before?

Anything we should be aware of? We have one daughter who’s 4. I think the rooms are a bit bigger at CR versus the WL, correct?
The Garden wing at the CR is only 3 stories tall and there are no balconies. 1st floor rooms have a shared patio between adjoining rooms. 2nd & 3rd floor rooms only have a sliding door with a railing.

Yes the Garden wing rooms are the same size as the Tower rooms at the CR. They are larger than a WL room or an AKL room.

Dave

The Garden wing at the CR is only 3 stories tall and there are no balconies. 1st floor rooms have a shared patio between adjoining rooms. 2nd & 3rd floor rooms only have a sliding door with a railing.

Yes the Garden wing rooms are the same size as the Tower rooms at the CR. They are larger than a WL room or an AKL room.

Dave
The garden wing has kind of a Juliet balcony. Slider opens to the outside, but there is a bar/railing over the window since there is nothing to stand on outside. What's nice about the garden wing is that you don't have to wait on an elevator like you do in the tower. You can easily walk up and down the stairs. And if you have your own vehicle, you are very likely to find a parking space right by the wing building. The rooms are very big in the wing rooms.

Question, I've heard that when you get your room assignment via the app (we did online check in), if your room number doesn't match what you were looking for (like if it's not ground floor), you can call and see if they have any other options they can move you to. Anyone done this before?
Yes you can always ask for a different room if one is available. You might get a Text with your room number and a phone number or you might find your room number in MDE.

Room numbers at the CR are a little odd. In the Tower the first two digits of the 4 digit room number indicate the floor and all numbers start with a 4. Rooms start on the 5th floor so room 4124 would be on the 5th floor at the end.

In the Garden wing room numbers start with a 5 or 6 and the second digit indicates the floor.

The Garden wing has 2 blocks of room numbers:

5103-5170 - 6101-6130 - First floor
5203-5270 - 6201-6230 - Second floor
5303-5370 - 6301-6330 - Third floor

I just noticed Fantasia Market is not open. How do people in BLT buy food and most importantly alcohol????

The gift shop is open but who needs a T shirt???? A villa needs food! GRRRR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter