Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Yup. I wasn't paying close attention but I do recall music that I recognized. I think maybe some 90s era stuff.
Ha dd will just start belting out of any of the oldies like Hanna Montana etc when they start to play, I just chuckle quietly while she reminisces her “old days” 😂

It has been an amazing week. I’m so glad we booked a last minute trip. Great crowds, no transportation issues (so far) and I feel really safe. My only small complaint is the lack of food options. We’ve had Contempo cafe three times and I can’t eat any more flatbreads 😂
I laughed at your post because besides a couple of kids meals, the only thing we ordered from there were the flat breads! For almost 2 weeks. Over an over....:crazy2: I mean they’re good, but geeze. We finally branched out and went over to Capt Cooks on our last day. Definitely not liking the limited menus.

A little late on this, but spent one day/night at CR (GW/GV) on Aug. 4-5. Little trip report for those interested:
  • Didn't do parks, just hung at the resort, ate out at DS, BW and Poly.
  • First time staying at CR. LOVED the GW/GV rooms. When we got our room assignment, it was first floor but wasn't a great view (faced in towards the garden/greenery on the left U side of the building). Called and asked if they had any water view rooms. Got one facing the channel/beach on the left side of the top section. So quiet and peaceful with the boats going by, but also a super easy walk to the pool and main building.
  • Felt extremely safe the entire time. Got our temps checked no less than 6 or 7 times (everytime we got on the monorail and everytime we ate at a full service restaurant). Vast majority of people were being good about masks.
  • Pool crowds were very manageable. Easy to remain socially distanced and plenty of chairs available.
  • Ventured over to Poly and GF. It was eery. Both were very very quiet. GF in particular was a ghost town. We were the only people that I saw in the entire main building. I was a CM for two years and have been to Disney hundreds of times. Never seen anything like it.
All-in-all it was a fantastic short visit. Was a fun experience staying at the CR for the first time, and the GW/GV rooms were perfect for our purposes.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time :).

@trishadono have you worked out the logistics for your in-room mini CL experience next week? Never too early to have the drink / snack schedule ready.

Dave
6BE6473A-63ED-4B06-8AD2-B42EB66323C8.jpeg

Thanks for making me rethink things . Grey Goose for dd I get the cordials.

Now we ready for our balcony !

Those are mini bottles lol in case you cant tell in the picture!

Last edited:

We just got back today and had a great trip!

CR was fantastic and even without fireworks, the TPV was great! Elevators were not an issue, The longest we waited was maybe 3 or 4 minutes. CG dinner and Chef Mickey's BF were great!

The limited menu at Contempo was ok. Once we figured out mobile ordering, it worked well for us.

Of course no housekeeping, but if we needed anything they would bring what we needed. We took out our own trash, mostly bc with 5 of us we had a lot!

Pools were fun. We did the cabana one day but it was well worth it.

It was pretty quiet at CR so that was a little different but it was not nearly as quiet as GF. We hopped over there for the quick service and there was not a single person there. It was kinda sad but I know it is not forever.

We had a great trip and great service. Sad to come home but coming back in December!

Any questions, let me know!

CR was fantastic and even without fireworks, the TPV was great! Elevators were not an issue, The longest we waited was maybe 3 or 4 minutes. CG dinner and Chef Mickey's BF were great!

The limited menu at Contempo was ok. Once we figured out mobile ordering, it worked well for us.

Of course no housekeeping, but if we needed anything they would bring what we needed. We took out our own trash, mostly bc with 5 of us we had a lot!

It was pretty quiet at CR so that was a little different but it was not nearly as quiet as GF. We hopped over there for the quick service and there was not a single person there. It was kinda sad but I know it is not forever.

We had a great trip and great service. Sad to come home but coming back in December!

Ooh good to hear ! I also have TPV, CM breakfast and CG booked !

Thanks for the update :)

Just thought that I would chime in and let you know how my HS day went last Wednesday. I was very nervous about getting a BG and we only had one HS day. I just cut and pasted from a post I made in another thread.

8:25 CR bus stop - I was taking no chances! A transportation team leader was
at the bus stop and told us it would be a 20 minute wait for a bus.
8:50 Bus arrived
9:05 Arrived at HS and got in line to wait for temp check/opening
9:15 Got temp check, went through security, and tapstile
9: 27 Restroom break and lined up for Slinky
9:45 Slinky started operating
9:47 Riding on Slinky!!
9:52 Found a bench to wait - longest 8 min. of my life

10:00 DD got BG #2!!

We had a great day!

Sounds great! We are staying at Pop and I am super nervous about getting to DHS on time. Was planning to Uber there, but we were also toying with taking a Uber early to go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and then take the bus from the Contemporary to the park.

We are looking at a quick, kid-free trip to WDW sometime in late(r) October and we have a bucket of DCV points to use so I thought I'd splurge for the 1br TPV room. We've never stayed at the resort at all and I've been trying to figure out the room views on Touring Plans and wanted to know a good high-floor room # to request - any suggestions?

Also, do you know if the store downstairs has wine for sale? The pics in this thread are (of course) pre-COVID and are stocked full but I wasn't sure about now. With the parks closing early it might mean that DH and I have some free "wine time on the porch" in the evenings..

and do you think they sell distilled water for C-Pap machines?

Is there a bar open at Contemporary/BLT?

thanks!!

We are looking at a quick, kid-free trip to WDW sometime in late(r) October and we have a bucket of DCV points to use so I thought I'd splurge for the 1br TPV room. We've never stayed at the resort at all and I've been trying to figure out the room views on Touring Plans and wanted to know a good high-floor room # to request - any suggestions?

Also, do you know if the store downstairs has wine for sale? The pics in this thread are (of course) pre-COVID and are stocked full but I wasn't sure about now. With the parks closing early it might mean that DH and I have some free "wine time on the porch" in the evenings..

thanks!!
The market in the CR has a selection of wine, beer and liquor. I don’t recall seeing distilled water though.

The pool bars at BLT and CR are open. The lounges at the Wave and California Grill are also open.

thanks!!
We were on the 11th floor and it was great for viewing MK. We have stayed on the 12th-floor lakeside and it was beautiful too! We were in the main building though. I'm not very familiar with the BLT. I'm not sure about distilled water. If you are not driving you can probably order it and have it delivered. I think you got all of your other questions answered but I wish you the best time!! We had a blast and loved just hanging on the balcony looking at the park and monorail!

Don’t forget the Happily Ever After Fireworks from 6-10 pm over and over again on Resort TV . I think it was Channel 74 from POP , so probably same for all the resorts! And yes I watched it over&over for 4 hours just waiting for Tinkerbell everytime!

As far as I know all resort gift shops have distilled water either out or available behind the counter/on request. It’s a common question around the boards given the abundant use of C-pap machines and I always see the answer from multiple posters as “yes, if you don’t see it out, ask because it’ll be in the back” as if it’s a given... so I “assume” that is accurate. Or just something that has been said so often that people think it’s true but it really isn’t. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter