• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello,
Will be staying 3 nights in the Main Tower-Theme Park View and then moving over to BLT one bedroom-Lake View for 5 nights.....in 2 weeks from now!
It will be our first time at BLT. I feel a little overwhelmed with a room request for BLT.

Can anyone recommend or suggest which side of BLT I should request. I don’t care about being close to the elevator, I am just hoping for a great view! I am assuming that means the highest floor possible for 1 bedrooms?
Bay Lake is my absolute favorite and I love sitting on the beach at Contemporary looking at it. Do some lake view rooms also have a view of the Contemporary building?
Thank you for any suggestions you can share!

Hello,
Will be staying 3 nights in the Main Tower-Theme Park View and then moving over to BLT one bedroom-Lake View for 5 nights.....in 2 weeks from now!
It will be our first time at BLT. I feel a little overwhelmed with a room request for BLT.

Can anyone recommend or suggest which side of BLT I should request. I don’t care about being close to the elevator, I am just hoping for a great view! I am assuming that means the highest floor possible for 1 bedrooms?
Bay Lake is my absolute favorite and I love sitting on the beach at Contemporary looking at it. Do some lake view rooms also have a view of the Contemporary building?
This was our view from 8035. It is considered a lake view. View attachment 562099E641B5DA-A02F-4548-B594-E68869846E72.jpegView attachment 562099View attachment 562099562101

Last edited:
I would request even number, south side. Even number rooms are slightly larger and the south side has a view of the lake and CR.
This was a 2 bedroom but I imagine there are similar views for other room sizes.

Attachments

• CD6E8D32-85AA-412D-92B9-3456358B19AB.jpeg
    CD6E8D32-85AA-412D-92B9-3456358B19AB.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 39
I would request even number, south side. Even number rooms are slightly larger and the south side has a view of the lake and CR.
This was a 2 bedroom but I imagine there are similar views for other room sizes.

Did you have a view of the full lake also? We have a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view villa & have never stayed at BLT. I'm confused what to ask for also. Could you see the electric water pageant from your room? What floor were you on?

I really enjoy a center-section, odd-numbered rooms which look straight out across the lake, so xx21 or xx27. I'd be wearing of other odd-numbered one-bedrooms. For even numbered rooms, xx04 and xx42 would give you the best views of the lake. Some folks really want to see the Magic Kingdom, and xx12 will give you a partial view. Higher is always better.

Check out a diagram of the room layout here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

Did you have a view of the full lake also? We have a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view villa & have never stayed at BLT. I'm confused what to ask for also. Could you see the electric water pageant from your room? What floor were you on?
Yes, half of the view was the CR and half was the lake. It was very pretty and very peaceful especially at night when the CR was lit up. It was also a good view of the monorail running coming and going. You could see the electrical water pageant from both balconies and also heard the music. I was there in Nov 2019, so we could also see fireworks from across the lake which I think was Epcot.We were on the 6th fl. I originally wanted to be on the north end as that is the MK side, and sometimes lake view can also have partial MK view, but after staying in the room we had I would request that location again.

Does anyone know when the morning window opens for mobile ordering for Contempo Cafe? I'd like to preorder for a 7am pickup so I can start that walk over to Magic Kingdom by 7:40. Thanks!

Hmm MDE llist's Contempo cafe opening at 7 AM so I doubt you can pre-order before opening time just like other Dining options that allow Mobile orders but I await a firs hand report.

Dave

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/This is an invaluable tool for BLT planning.

I prefer the outer c for pie shaped room, high numbers face CR/Seven Seas Lagoon on right, Bay lake left. The lower numbers face MK and a decent castle view on left, bay lake on right. The interior face pool with bay lake in distance.

Basically the TPV are the rooms over the entrance. Std are lower floors or ones with trees in way etc. Lake view on both inside and outside upper floors.

I don’t think there is a bad “lake” view. It’s just the views really do vary.

I have had 2 on outside , a TPV and an inside C as well. All were good views.

Thank you everyone! I reviewed many pictures but still feel a little confused looking at that chart.

I think we would prefer a lake view that is mostly lake when looking straight out and also able to see the marina area to the right. Is that possible? Is that the south side? Is that an even numbered room? Confused!

Also, we are renting points through a rental agency. Am I even able to make a request?
How do I do that? Same as with a hotel room through Disney?
Thank you!

Also, we are renting points through a rental agency. Am I even able to make a request?
No not through Disney. The member that you are renting points from needs to submit any "requests" via Member Services.

So you will need to contact the rental agency and they will have to contact the point's owner.

Dave

Is the disinfectant used in the CR rooms (especially bathroom) strong? DS (17) recently stayed in a hotel (not Disney) where the disinfectant smell in the shower was really, really strong and he had an allergic reaction. :( He's not normally sensitive to anything, so the smells he was exposed to had to have been pretty strong.

Is the disinfectant used in the CR rooms (especially bathroom) strong? DS (17) recently stayed in a hotel (not Disney) where the disinfectant smell in the shower was really, really strong and he had an allergic reaction. :( He's not normally sensitive to anything, so the smells he was exposed to had to have been pretty strong.
I didn’t notice it and I have fragrance sensitivities. But allergies are so variable.

We’ve stayed at eight different resorts since reopening and have not noticed a stronger disinfectant being used. Rooms smell the same as always.

Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm whether or not there are bus wait times on the app? I am curious overall what the bus transportation is like for the BLT/Contemporary. (Do they use the same buses, or are there separate pick-ups?)

Does anyone know when the morning window opens for mobile ordering for Contempo Cafe? I'd like to preorder for a 7am pickup so I can start that walk over to Magic Kingdom by 7:40. Thanks!
Just returned--the window opened at 4:30 am to place mobile order for Contempo Cafe. It's a good idea to place order fairly early as the first window at 7am window can fill with folks wanting to rope drop. It worked like a charm--picked up my order at 7:15--left BLT at 7:40 to walk to MK. Was at temp check line by 7:55 and temp check opened at 8:05. Inside the turnstiles by 8:10.

Yes there are. We used it for AK and it was very accurate- maybe just a minute or two off.
That's good to know, thank you. I keep reading about busses not coming for hours and people waiting over 2 early in the morning trying to get to rope drop (other resorts). Not going to lie, these lines are starting to worry me lol. I will uber/left if needed.

Thank you everyone! I reviewed many pictures but still feel a little confused looking at that chart.

I think we would prefer a lake view that is mostly lake when looking straight out and also able to see the marina area to the right. Is that possible? Is that the south side? Is that an even numbered room? Confused!

Thank you!
Nope you figured it out. The even number are inside C the center has a nice straight ahead view. Poool with lake just ahead. The Cr would be on your right.

You can call and request rooms XX21 or 27 for 1 bd lake view.

You can always make the request when checking in. They can look to see what is available and find you room closest to what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter