• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We will be there next week with a theme park view. It is the fulfillment of a dream to stay at CR, much less a theme park view!

Where do we need to go to view the Electrical Water Pageant? Has covid changed the place or viewing?

We will be there next week with a theme park view. It is the fulfillment of a dream to stay at CR, much less a theme park view!

Where do we need to go to view the Electrical Water Pageant? Has covid changed the place or viewing?
You can see it from the beach, the boat dock or the 4th floor concourse.

Sometimes you can see/hear it from a TPV room too. The poly/gf and sometimes MK one plays in the lagoon. The Cr, wl, and FW one play on Bay Lake.

However with Covid things keep changing. Sometimes I just plan on listening for it and running to catch it lol.

I go often to wdw and have seen EWP many times yet it’s still my fav. I saw it back in the 70’s and it just is something a really look forward to. The view isn’t very good from a TPV but you can hear it. Then if want a closer view just head out back for a 2nd or 3rd .

Last edited:
I read that the gift shop in the Contemporary carries the same baked good as the Confectionary. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

I read that the gift shop in the Contemporary carries the same baked good as the Confectionary. Can anyone confirm if that is true?
Not sure if the same .... over the years I shop at both. Confectionary has more but CR is 2nd closest. Another good spot is the Karamell Kuche in Epcot.

Has anyone had issues with not being able to go to the pool because of capacity constraints? We were planning on bringing the kids midday for a break. What time does it seem you need to be back at the hotel to get in to the pool area, or is this not really an issue at CR because the pool area is so large?

Has anyone had issues with not being able to go to the pool because of capacity constraints? We were planning on bringing the kids midday for a break. What time does it seem you need to be back at the hotel to get in to the pool area, or is this not really an issue at CR because the pool area is so large?
I don't have an answer but glad you asked. I keep reading about 2 and 3 hour waits at coronado. Even the quiet pool was full.

Hi Everyone,
It’s me again! Still trying to figure out my non-guaranteed room request situation. I’m having the hardest time deciding. Really, it’s a first world problem and I realize this! Please bare with me and I would really appreciate any and all suggestions.

From my research I have gathered the following, but please let me know if this is incorrect:

Lake view rooms with even numbers are on the outside part and are slightly larger than the odd numbered rooms on the inside C part.

Even numbered Lake view rooms on the North side potentially have a lake and slight MK view.

Even numbered rooms Lake view rooms on the South side have views of the Marina and Contemporary.

Now, we once climbed the stairwell on the North side (went left once exited the elevator and walked to the end) and loved the views from the windows. I attached a picture that we took from the stairwell. It has the lake and pool. I am assuming this would be more of a view from an odd numbered room on the north side, is that correct?

Now, we will already be staying in a Theme Park View Room at Contemporary right before checking into BLT, so maybe an even numbered north view room wouldn’t be on the top of my list. Besides the possible MK views, is there any other advantage to this side?

How much space am I giving up if I request an odd numbered room near the north side? I have three kids that will be sleeping in the living room.

Thank you for reading this far, and helping me make my final decision. Either way, and no matter what room I get, I will be at BLT very soon!!

Attachments

• AAD0264F-8706-4687-A16A-5930E0920A51.jpeg
    AAD0264F-8706-4687-A16A-5930E0920A51.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 81623D07-3793-47F5-A45E-18177699D4BF.jpeg
    81623D07-3793-47F5-A45E-18177699D4BF.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 19

Hi Everyone,
It’s me again! Still trying to figure out my non-guaranteed room request situation. I’m having the hardest time deciding. Really, it’s a first world problem and I realize this! Please bare with me and I would really appreciate any and all suggestions.

From my research I have gathered the following, but please let me know if this is incorrect:

Lake view rooms with even numbers are on the outside part and are slightly larger than the odd numbered rooms on the inside C part.

Even numbered Lake view rooms on the North side potentially have a lake and slight MK view.

Even numbered rooms Lake view rooms on the South side have views of the Marina and Contemporary.

Now, we once climbed the stairwell on the North side (went left once exited the elevator and walked to the end) and loved the views from the windows. I attached a picture that we took from the stairwell. It has the lake and pool. I am assuming this would be more of a view from an odd numbered room on the north side, is that correct?

Now, we will already be staying in a Theme Park View Room at Contemporary right before checking into BLT, so maybe an even numbered north view room wouldn’t be on the top of my list. Besides the possible MK views, is there any other advantage to this side?

How much space am I giving up if I request an odd numbered room near the north side? I have three kids that will be sleeping in the living room.

Thank you for reading this far, and helping me make my final decision. Either way, and no matter what room I get, I will be at BLT very soon!!
I believe the odd numbered rooms would have similar views. The even numbered rooms have 2 stools at the kitchen island, I was told by others on this board that the odd numbered do not. I wouldn’t stress too much. If you need more space I would try for an even numbered as they are supposed to be slightly larger.

I believe the odd numbered rooms would have similar views. The even numbered rooms have 2 stools at the kitchen island, I was told by others on this board that the odd numbered do not. I wouldn’t stress too much. If you need more space I would try for an even numbered as they are supposed to be slightly larger.
Yes the outer c rooms feel larger because it is pie shaped. It has 2 stools but only a stand up washer and dryer.

The inner c rooms the living area feels smaller but ONLY if you stayed in the outer C first. It is a normal rectangle shaped room. The difference is there is more space where you enter the villa. These villas have an actual laundry room. It also works great as a ready room if the person sleeping in the living area wants some privacy. I ended up using it. There was tons of space and felt like my own walk in closet. I let DH use the small closet in the king room.

There are plenty of pix and videos out there if needed.

I did a thing. Arrived home yesterday from my first shot and decided I've waited to return to Disney since 2010, now looking at 2022 after canceling 2020 and I want to stay in the tower. So I canceled my Garden Wing Standard view and booked the Tower Lake View. Question for the pros: If we want to be away from elevators and Chef Mickey's on an upper floor, what room numbers should I request? I saw something about North end but didn't know how that correlates with room numbers...

I did a thing. Arrived home yesterday from my first shot and decided I've waited to return to Disney since 2010, now looking at 2022 after canceling 2020 and I want to stay in the tower. So I canceled my Garden Wing Standard view and booked the Tower Lake View. Question for the pros: If we want to be away from elevators and Chef Mickey's on an upper floor, what room numbers should I request? I saw something about North end but didn't know how that correlates with room numbers...
This should help.
Rats I don't know how to make it bigger. Just google Disney Contemporary room numbers , then images. Lots of the resort maps pop up with numbers.

Hello!
Has anyone driven North past the Contemporary? I was wondering what is down that road?
Any grocery stores or restaurants?
Thanks!

We just booked a trip for the end of July. It's been a long time since we've stayed onsite.

When the Magical Express leaves MCO, how many stops does it make before the Contemporary?

Thanks!

The Publix in Lakeside Village, is it more expensive than a Publix several miles away?
We haven’t been there yet but planning on going there on our next trip. I would think that prices would be similar to other Publix stores since they are not on Disney property. There is also a Flippers close to Publix. We are going to pick up some pizza too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter