Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I'm getting ready to online check in BLT. If we want to face the contemporary we need to request an even numbered south-facing room right?

Hi all. We're staying in a CR main tower lake view room for one night next week. I wonder if there are any rooms with a king size bed instead of two queens that I could request. Anybody know?

Hi all. We're staying in a CR main tower lake view room for one night next week. I wonder if there are any rooms with a king size bed instead of two queens that I could request. Anybody know?
I believe there very few king rooms in the tower. Your best bet is to call and place a request for a king room. Requesting a specific room isn’t recommended because if that room is already occupied the people who assign rooms don’t know why you wanted that specific room. Enjoy your trip!

Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of the refurbished 1 or 2 bedroom suites in the main tower?Planning for August 2022 - and trying to weight a suite (with no stove, bc we like to cook a meal or 2 ourselves and just much easier for us with our toddlers) but with club lounge access vs more room with stove/full kitchen in with a 1 or 2 bedroom room in the BLT.

How the food at the club lounge? enough for kids to get full before running over to the parks in the morning? Just seems very convenient.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

CR Atrium report. Apps last night were good - no pics, sorry. Short ribs with farro, buckwheat noodles, Asian pulled chicken salad, crudites, charcuterie/meat, salmon, corn dog nuggets, tater tots. Pretty good! We filled up!

But then, this morning... Look like a repeat of yesterday to anyone??? Coddled eggs (again?), French toast. Same meats/cheese as usual. And bakery stuff, but a small tray each of danishes and bagels. no basket of plain croissants. And it’s packed. I mean, it’s D23. What’s the deal? For the cost, not a good value.

The CMs are great. Wonderful. But I don’t anticipate returning.

Attachments

• 170A58E7-96CE-41EC-BF9E-2713F53AE6A5.jpeg
    170A58E7-96CE-41EC-BF9E-2713F53AE6A5.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 8B709B4D-CF40-4114-BDC7-2C21E713BAEE.jpeg
    8B709B4D-CF40-4114-BDC7-2C21E713BAEE.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27
  • A827F003-636A-4A0F-8C37-FC53CFC9A55D.jpeg
    A827F003-636A-4A0F-8C37-FC53CFC9A55D.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 7C1E69F4-2547-41C4-BFDB-76A409514D64.jpeg
    7C1E69F4-2547-41C4-BFDB-76A409514D64.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 26
Hello, two quick questions.
1. Is there anywhere to get refillable coffee/pop while at Bay Lake tower or do you need to go over to the contemporary?
2. Can you use an annual pass to get a discount on the star wars refillable mugs?

Hello, two quick questions.
1. Is there anywhere to get refillable coffee/pop while at Bay Lake tower or do you need to go over to the contemporary?
2. Can you use an annual pass to get a discount on the star wars refillable mugs?
You might be able to fill by the BLT pool for soft drinks. Not positive on this though.

We were there in August 20 and it was closed😢. Going back in June. Can’t wait. We have a 2BR lake view at BLT. I will definitely be getting some refills there.

Yeah... when it was closed during the early COVID times I sort of had to laugh at the situation. Close the self-service station where I can be all by my lonesome, but instead make me get refills from the bartender, requiring human interaction and many more touch points. Glad we've moved past that.

Have fun - love those BLT 2 BRs.

Yeah... when it was closed during the early COVID times I sort of had to laugh at the situation. Close the self-service station where I can be all by my lonesome, but instead make me get refills from the bartender, requiring human interaction and many more touch points. Glad we've moved past that.

Have fun - love those BLT 2 BRs.
I never thought to ask bartender but I’m not even sure if pool bar was open. So many things were still closed at that time.

I never thought to ask bartender but I’m not even sure if pool bar was open. So many things were still closed at that time.
Those reasons kept us from purchasing last year on our Riv trip. I mean you had to mobile order everything from PP so getting refills were not feasible.

Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of the refurbished 1 or 2 bedroom suites in the main tower?Planning for August 2022 - and trying to weight a suite (with no stove, bc we like to cook a meal or 2 ourselves and just much easier for us with our toddlers) but with club lounge access vs more room with stove/full kitchen in with a 1 or 2 bedroom room in the BLT.

How the food at the club lounge? enough for kids to get full before running over to the parks in the morning? Just seems very convenient.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I have done BLT 1 and 2 bedroom villas and the Atrium cl floor rooms.

For us it was for kids teens to 20's.

Breakfast: I don't eat it but need coffee. For the villas I can stay in my pjs and run a pot. I can toast a bagel or scramble an egg easy enough for my family. With mobile ordering you can do that with Contempo Cafe and just grab and bring back to the room.

With cl you can grab coffee anytime after 6:30 with breakfast starting at 7a. A lot depends on if you all get up same time and eat same time? Seems like lounges especially help with scattered times. (can leave room and let others sleep).

Midday cl def is nice to grab drinks and snacks, however mobile ordering is so easy now. One parent grabs the order you placed and the other takes kids to room.

Evening: You may be sick of mobile ordering by now with villa however you can also do to-go Steakhouse 71 which gives you more adult options. Cl with toddlers. It was chicken nuggets or mac n cheese. Can they eat that? Not a lot of options.

For desserts most toddlers are asleep so....

I think the villa is better for your age group. The whole mobile ordering makes it so easy. Also fantasia market has many items you can use in the kitchen as well.

Oh and the ability to do laundry??? I am surprised how much laundry I do in a villa but it is so convenient. Toddlers have been know to make a mess or two lol.

Let me know if any other q's.

Honestly both are great options. I did blt and cl both this year for different reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter