Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

There is no boat service from the CR to the MK. The only boat loop on Bay lake is for CR, WL, and Ft Wilderness. That boat service has not returned.

Dave

Was that ever a thing? I don't remember ever seeing a boat from The CR to the MK? I could have just missed it, but it seems crazy when it's such a short walk.

Does the boat only stop at those three resorts?

Yes, but there's a boat from the MK to the Poly and GF.

Can someone confirm if the garden wing rooms got the incredible retheme? And maybe post pictures

Does the boat only stop at those three resorts?
Again for other watching the thread This loop is not currently operating. There is a possibility that it may return when the Hoop De Do Musicals review shows restart later this summer.

This loop was to allow guests to get around between the 3 resorts and the Hoop De Do Musicals review shows.

Blue Flag: Operates the Bay Lake route between Disney’s Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Typical operation is from 6:45 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. They run clockwise until 3:00 p.m. and then reverse direction for the rest of the day. Two boats typically running.

Dave

Anyone stay at the Atrium Club lately after the remodel? We are taking my 2 year old and I've seen pictures of only showers in the room and some with baths. Can someone confirm what they had?
Thank you

Anyone stay at the Atrium Club lately after the remodel? We are taking my 2 year old and I've seen pictures of only showers in the room and some with baths. Can someone confirm what they had?
Thank you

I have only personally seen reports of tubs in the Tower rooms and showers in the Garden Wing rooms. We need more time/reports to see if there might be some exceptions here or there, but that's my impression from reports so far.

As for Atrium Club specifically, I've stayed in two rooms on that floor so far and both had tubs. BTW, the tubs are HUGE and really nice. Other than a somewhat larger ledge into the tub, they are great for kid baths, IMO.

Hope that helps!

Thank you
My garden bathroom was smaller than the Atrium room I had. I took pictures and compared them. The GW had shower only the Atrium was the tub bath combo.

There were a bunch of us there for 10/1 50th and 1 guest had a shower only , it was my friend and I popped in her room to see it.

To be safe email or call dss and request room with tub, near lounge. That will save you steps.

Does anyone know about what is available to rent from the marina currently? Also, if pontoon boats are an option, can I bring food/drinks/alcohol onto the boat? Thanks in advance for your help!

Does anyone know about what is available to rent from the marina currently? Also, if pontoon boats are an option, can I bring food/drinks/alcohol onto the boat? Thanks in advance for your help!

The only rental option currently is the Sun Tracker Pontoon boats, up to 10 guests, $45 per half hour. I am not sure about food and alcohol (I assume food is fine, probably not for alcohol) but hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in.

More info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

There are also nighttime fireworks cruises with a guided captain: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/

My garden bathroom was smaller than the Atrium room I had. I took pictures and compared them. The GW had shower only the Atrium was the tub bath combo.

There were a bunch of us there for 10/1 50th and 1 guest had a shower only , it was my friend and I popped in her room to see it.

To be safe email or call dss and request room with tub, near lounge. That will save you steps.
Thanks for the help. Do you think it would be best to wait until a little closer to call? Our trip is at the end of September

The only rental option currently is the Sun Tracker Pontoon boats, up to 10 guests, $45 per half hour. I am not sure about food and alcohol (I assume food is fine, probably not for alcohol) but hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in.

More info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

There are also nighttime fireworks cruises with a guided captain: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/
I haven't rented since the shut down, but before that you were able to bring food and drink onto the boat. I never asked specifically about alcohol.

You also need to take a life jacket for each person on the boat, but you do not need to wear them. Each resort has multiple sizes. You're also able to dock at other resorts and get off if need be.

Thanks for the help. Do you think it would be best to wait until a little closer to call? Our trip is at the end of September
You can do now or wait but give them 5-7 days prior notice to be safe,

If you email put your confirmation number , dates and last name in subject line.

Does the bus from CR to Hollywood Studios share with any other resorts or is it direct there & back?

Thanks. I was hoping it had its own bus. Which one does it pick up first on the way to the park?

I can't wait to stay in the main tower theme park view at the Contemporary in August. I have stayed at the Contemporary but never main tower or theme park view. We selected this as my mom will be going with us and we will probably be back in the room a lot. How is the view for Fireworks from the rooms there? Or do I need to put in a request for a certain floor?

Also, we will be going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review (6:15 pm) on our Hollywood Studios Day. Would it be better to go right from HS or to go back to the Contemporary to get there? If we go from the Contemporary, is the best method to walk to the MK and take a boat? We will have an ECV for my mom.

Thanks for any help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter