• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone refresh my memory please, when you want to request to be as far away from Chef Mickey as possible, what is the correct way of saying that? Is the request the North side of the building, high floor?

Can someone refresh my memory please, when you want to request to be as far away from Chef Mickey as possible, what is the correct way of saying that? Is the request the North side of the building, high floor?
Yes, I believe that is correct.

That’s correct.

Hi. Staying at Contemporary main tower in August. Soooo excited!

Trying to minimize luggage.....Can anyone tell me if the room provides a hairdryer? And if so, is it strong? Is it attached to the washroom or main vanity? Or can you plug it in anywhere?

Thanks.

Hi. Staying at Contemporary main tower in August. Soooo excited!

Trying to minimize luggage.....Can anyone tell me if the room provides a hairdryer? And if so, is it strong? Is it attached to the washroom or main vanity? Or can you plug it in anywhere?

Thanks.
Yes. There is a hair dryer in the closet. It was a decent Conair. Nothing fancy, but it was brand new since the rooms were redone and seemed a bit better than the typical hotel dryer. It could be plugged in in the bathroom or any other outlet in the room.

Yes. There is a hair dryer in the closet. It was a decent Conair. Nothing fancy, but it was brand new since the rooms were redone and seemed a bit better than the typical hotel dryer. It could be plugged in in the bathroom or any other outlet in the room.
Perfect. Thanks for reporting back. This is great. (I hate when they are attached to the bathroom as it limits others). Sounds like I don't need to bring my own then.

I'm sure this has been asked elsewhere but...how many mug fill stations are there? And are they standard or freestyle?

There is a station at the Contempo cafe and at the sand bar by the pool. I think the pool one is behind the window so you have to ask a cm to fill it. I believe both are standard , not freestyle.

Ugh none of the pictures seem to be working anymore in this thread for me :(

Any notable standard view rooms in garden wing that would be worthy of a request or it’s all the same???
Watch out for the dreaded wall-view rooms. We did a Touring Plans request for our GW standard view... no where close, and got the wall!

Ah do you have a picture of what that looks like?
20170223_090434.jpg

It was 2017 so I don't remember the room number... this was the "better" view. The room to the right of us had a solid wall. So 8 of these rooms per floor, 3(?) floors, 24 chances? Nope. I'm not booking a Garden Wing Standard View again unless I'm 100% ok with this or the worse option.

There's an old thread of "bad room views" from years ago somewhere, that has these pictures.

View attachment 683160

It was 2017 so I don't remember the room number... this was the "better" view. The room to the right of us had a solid wall. So 8 of these rooms per floor, 3(?) floors, 24 chances? Nope. I'm not booking a Garden Wing Standard View again unless I'm 100% ok with this or the worse option.

There's an old thread of "bad room views" from years ago somewhere, that has these pictures.

Yikes that is rough! Welp guess we are screwed lol... it's not letting me change it now. My fault for assuming it was mostly just a parking lot view, which I figured wouldn't be so bad because it's fun to look at monorail. Lesson learned.

Yikes that is rough! Welp guess we are screwed lol... it's not letting me change it now. My fault for assuming it was mostly just a parking lot view, which I figured wouldn't be so bad because it's fun to look at monorail. Lesson learned.
We once had a std garden view for one night. They tried assigning us one of those wall rooms, so before we went to the room (we checked where it was in touringplans room finder), we went to the front desk asked for something much closer to tower. They gave us a room that was in the first garden wing building and it faced the parking lot with a tree or two and had a perfect view of the monorail if going into the resort (or maybe it was exiting). Either way it was decent for standard view—I’m sorry I don’t remember the number, but it was the first building towards the end over the parking lot (3rd floor). HTH 😀

There are only 12 Standard view rooms that don't overlook the Garden wing parking lot and the Monorail beams above. T Half of the 12 over look a wall and the remaining 6 have a slight Garden view.

Rooms 6x01 and 6x30 (where x is floor 1-3) have a view of a wall and rooms 6x02 and 6x29 (where x is floor 1-3) have a slight garden area view.

It is not that bad as your odds are quite low of getting one of these 6 rooms unless you arrive very late in the day. And even then check at the Front desk should you get one of these wall facing rooms.

Just put a request for any of this range of room numbers
Rooms 5x52 - 5x67 (where x is floor 1-3) are the main block of Standard view rooms. 1st floor rooms have a patio with greenery and trees blocking most of the parking lot view and make the patio's cooler in the west early evening as the sun sets.

Dave

It is not that bad as your odds are quite low of getting one of these 6 rooms unless you arrive very late in the day. And even then check at the Front desk should you get one of these wall facing rooms.

Just put a request for any of this range of room numbers

Dave

I'm pretty sure there are 2 of these rooms on the "inside" wing of the uppercase I, which would be 12 rooms. Not the greatest odds... and we had the better of the worst two views.
1657467076928.png

View attachment 683160

What is the 3 floor building in the background of this picture? We were wondering this on our trip last month as our BLT view faced it?

What is the 3 floor building in the background of this picture? We were wondering this on our trip last month as our BLT view faced it?
That would be the South Garden Wing Buildings. The BLT was built where the North Garden Wing buildings were located.

Fun facts: The Garden wing buildings don't have a balcony on the 2nd or 3rd floor rooms only a sliding door that partially opens with a railing. Also the Garden Wing building (rooms) were built onsite but not within the building and slide into the building just like the A-Frame main tower rooms. Disney and US Steel were trying new innovative construction methods in the early years with mixed results.

Dave

Apologies in advance if this is a few pages back!

I read post 10 but wanted some Summer 2022 current information.

If I want to rope drop Epcot...............

Can I take a bus?
If so, what time does it start running?

If I take the monorail to the TTC, what time does the first monorail pick me up at the resort to take me to the TTC?
What time does the Monorail start going from the TTC to Epcot?

During my upcoming visit, Epcot opens for resort guests at 8am (and MK opens for resort guests at 8:30am)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter