Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Apologies in advance if this is a few pages back!

I read post 10 but wanted some Summer 2022 current information.

If I want to rope drop Epcot...............

Can I take a bus?
If so, what time does it start running?

If I take the monorail to the TTC, what time does the first monorail pick me up at the resort to take me to the TTC?
What time does the Monorail start going from the TTC to Epcot?

During my upcoming visit, Epcot opens for resort guests at 8am (and MK opens for resort guests at 8:30am)

Transportation to Epcot from CR is Monorail only, except in cases where the monorail is down - so monorail is your only option.

I'm sorry, I don't know what time the Epcot line actually starts running - hopefully someone that knows for sure can chime in. I never see any reports of problems for the EE crowd, so I 'assume' it's plenty early, but not sure of exact times.

Enjoy your trip.

We'll be at Contemporary end of next month. Can't wait!

We have the main tower, lake view room booked. Any suggestions on room requests? Or does it not really matter for that room group?

@GADisneyDad14

Post 10 in the beginning of this thread needs an update on this issue...........

It is about transportation and is covering monorail details.

It presently says the walkway from GF does NOT go all the way to MK.

That has recently changed.

If you have the credentials, please update that info.

Thanks!

Was just looking at the Garden Wing map and noted that there are two designated smoking areas, yet on Touring Plans is see comments about ashtrays at the exits of other areas - does anyone have experience with this?

I am concerned about having to smell cigarette smoke from our room - I have a former smoker’s nose (quit 13y ago) and my oldest is very sensitive to the smell as well.

Thanks in advance!

Is it just me or do most of the pictures not show up in the beginning informative posts?

Was just looking at the Garden Wing map and noted that there are two designated smoking areas, yet on Touring Plans is see comments about ashtrays at the exits of other areas - does anyone have experience with this?

I am concerned about having to smell cigarette smoke from our room - I have a former smoker’s nose (quit 13y ago) and my oldest is very sensitive to the smell as well.

Thanks in advance!
I walked around the whole section in a loop in May. I did not notice anything.

I always walk into room and “not touch anything” and head for balcony to see if any issues. At GF once I was put in Conch right over the smoking section. Yep it had a smoker right below me and it drifted right up. I went right back and requested a new room.

So just keep that in mind to check to see if you see the smoking area from your room . If not you should be safe.

I walked around the whole section in a loop in May. I did not notice anything.

I always walk into room and “not touch anything” and head for balcony to see if any issues. At GF once I was put in Conch right over the smoking section. Yep it had a smoker right below me and it drifted right up. I went right back and requested a new room.

So just keep that in mind to check to see if you see the smoking area from your room . If not you should be safe.
That is a great tip - thank you for that!

We're booked! Last day of the 2023 offer for UK residents and snapped up Garden Wing rooms for 10 nights in October 2023. Very excited! First (and realistically only) family trip to Disney and delighted it will be at the Contemporary (the building work at Poly put us off going there which was our initial pick).

Now just need to calm down and not immediately leap into everything for a few months!

I need some help! With no room service (which we are struggling with) we are trying to figure out how to maximize time with breakfast on one of our park days that we had planned to be in the park early.

So we normally get up and have the food brought to us, all eat in the room while we get ready and have the kids eating as a distraction and then get them ready.

How difficult would it be to send someone to one of the restaurants for a 7am pickup and bring back to the room? How early would they have to leave/how long would they be gone for to do this? We are staying in garden wing so not sure how close that is to the main building? Or would it be better for one of us to get ready and go pick up food, the other get the kids ready and out the door, and meet the other and all walk to MK. We eat as we go and kids eat in stroller???

This is unfamiliar and different than what we are used to so could use some help with someone familiar on how to time this. This is our first time staying at Contemporary. We have a standard room in the garden wing and are hoping to be at MK when it opens at 8:30.

The other option is we could just wait until we get to the park and eat but I suspect cranky kids by then. Plus we had wanted to get there early to “rope drop” one ride.

This might be a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever stored their luggage on their check out day? Or...do they ever allow for a late check out? If they had luggage stored, did you feel your stuff was well protected? And if a late checkout, until when?

Reason I am asking is we have a 6:30pm flight on our departure day. So trying to figure out what to do with our stuff. (Will either resort hop, or possibly even add another park day for a few hours as I didn't realize it cost so little to add an additional day)

I've never stayed at Contemporary yet (3 weeks!!!! not sure why my countdown is 3 weeks and 5 days...unless they stuck again), but I've always left luggage with Bell Services and never had a problem. They will take it to a room and you have to give them the ticket to get it back. It's not like a Hampton Inn where it's just shoved in a little room off the front desk. Disney is VERY used to people storing their luggage - on either end of their stay.

Late check outs are much less likely to be granted in Covid times - and the few times I've seen it, it's not been for more than an hour.

Agree with others. Late checkout … leave with bell services. No issues.

Mobile order from Comtempo or to go from Steakhouse 71. They will “ding” you in the app when ready but usually 10-20 mins because all food custom made which is fresh and worth the wait,

I do both all the time. Bell services and fetching food? All part of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter