Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Contemporary fans!
Quick question...Yet another one :confused:
It is my understanding that the odd number rooms with TPV Atrium CL have the bed facing Magic Kingdom. (Or that you can see the fireworks from your bed.) Can anyone confirm this?
:thanks:

Hi Contemporary fans!
Quick question...Yet another one :confused:
It is my understanding that the odd number rooms with TPV Atrium CL have the bed facing Magic Kingdom. (Or that you can see the fireworks from your bed.) Can anyone confirm this?
:thanks:
We had room 4845 and the one queen bed closest to the sliding door
you can see the fireworks while laying in bed. I opened up the drapes all the way, perfect view.

Last edited:

Just got back and thought I'd just give some thoughts. It was our first time staying at Contemporary and we just loved it. We stayed in the main tower, lake view room. I had submitted a room request through Touring Plans 9th floor or higher and overlooking the pool. Didn't quite get that as we were room 4230 which is floor 7 and a bit closer to Bay Lake Tower, but honestly it didn't matter. View was still amazing and we were closer to floor 4 (Contempo Cafe, shops and monorail entrance) so we were just as happy. The water pageant came by our room each night which was fun.

Room was spacious. It seemed like there could be a few more drawers but only DH and I used them so we had more than enough space. (our kids preferred to just live out of their suitcase) Washroom is great....loved the shower; very spacious and lots of provided shampoo and conditioner (did carry on so we didn't bring our own). It also had a powerful hairdryer which isn't common compared to regular hotels. My only pet peeve with the washroom was the door for the toilet doesn't close...or maybe it was just our room.

Personally I like the Incredibles theme. Cute and not over the top.

On our first night we watched the fireworks form floor 4 which was pretty neat.

Our rooms were cleaned every other day but that was fine. We were short on towels one time and so we called the front desk for more. I don't even think we waited 5 minutes for someone to send them up.

We loved the fact that we could walk to Magic Kindgom and the monorail was right there. Bus service was pretty good too.

Only pet peeve with the hotel is that we couldn't use the stairs to get to our room. The elevators did get busy at times.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Last edited:
Are standard rooms just in the Garden Wing? The conference DH has been invited to is at the Contemporary. He is on oxygen and often has mobility issues so we are hoping to get a room near the Convention Center and transportation. I think the Tower is closest, but I don't know if standard rooms are available there. (Since the conference is paying for the rooms, I assume we will be given standard.) Any suggestions for a room?

Are standard rooms just in the Garden Wing? The conference DH has been invited to is at the Contemporary. He is on oxygen and often has mobility issues so we are hoping to get a room near the Convention Center and transportation. I think the Tower is closest, but I don't know if standard rooms are available there. (Since the conference is paying for the rooms, I assume we will be given standard.) Any suggestions for a room

Are standard rooms just in the Garden Wing? The conference DH has been invited to is at the Contemporary. He is on oxygen and often has mobility issues so we are hoping to get a room near the Convention Center and transportation. I think the Tower is closest, but I don't know if standard rooms are available there. (Since the conference is paying for the rooms, I assume we will be given standard.) Any suggestions for a room?
The std are in the GW. I would call and request closest to lobby and mention the mobility issues. Would being on 1st floor help? If so request that as well.

I'm here now and I don't know if this has been mentioned...not all garden wing rooms have a daybed now. Our original room didn't have one but they were able to find us an alternate one that did.
If you have any time, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar? Thank you so much!

Upcoming trip, we'll likely have some time to kill while waiting for our room to be ready on check-in day. We'll have some little/tiny ones in our group that will be needing a place to nap while we're waiting. It looks like there may be an area suitable for that on the Lobby/check-in level? Is there a different area/level more suitable?
Thanks!

Upcoming trip, we'll likely have some time to kill while waiting for our room to be ready on check-in day. We'll have some little/tiny ones in our group that will be needing a place to nap while we're waiting. It looks like there may be an area suitable for that on the Lobby/check-in level? Is there a different area/level more suitable?
Thanks!
It always depends on how busy it is at the time, the ground floor lobby may be fine, but if you take the escalator up from the ground floor, there is usually a quiet spot where people can sit/rest, charge phone, etc... with less noise/people.

There is more space on the 4th Floor North side of the resort to find more space vs the limited space on the 1st floor.

Additionally the 2-3rd floors(Convention meeting rooms) can be very quite if events are not in session.

Dave
Thanks for that. Not real familiar with the layout. Is the 4th floor the same floor as the Contempo Cafe and the large merchandise store?

Yes the 4th floor aka the Concourse is where Chief Mickey's, Contempo Cafe on the south side of the building.

The north side of the building past the merchandise store and near the Fantasia market has quite a bit of seating and is quite cool on hot days to relax.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter