Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

What does it mean by "Resort View" in a Club Level room?

I've seen Theme Park View and Water View at the Contemporary. But, Resort View has me confused. (I've already booked it, but am wondering!)

It’s the new “Water View” - it’ll be on on the Bay Lake side of the Tower. (I’m assuming you’re asking about a tower room, not Garden Wing)

What does it mean by "Resort View" in a Club Level room?

I've seen Theme Park View and Water View at the Contemporary. But, Resort View has me confused. (I've already booked it, but am wondering!)
Club level resort view is actually water view, I just stayed there in May

What time do the buses start in the morning. We are going to AK tomorrow and with them opening at 7:30, I’m not sure what time we should be down at the stop. Thanks!

2 random questions:

are there stairs in the garden wing to get to rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor

also are there any rooms in the garden wing that have a desk and chair outside instead of the long sleeper sofa. sometimes I have to do work and would prefer to hvae a desk in the room I know I saw pictures of a long couch and table but was wondering if any garden wing rooms have a desk

2 random questions:

also are there any rooms in the garden wing that have a desk and chair outside instead of the long sleeper sofa. sometimes I have to do work and would prefer to hvae a desk in the room I know I saw pictures of a long couch and table but was wondering if any garden wing rooms have a desk

I don’t know about desks, but there are both stairs & an elevator in the garden wing.

2 random questions:

No desk but the table worked fine for when dd works in the room .

It’s movable and I prefer a chair you could use the one from patio if 1st floor..

If small traveling parties the king rooms IMG_7743.jpeg have an extra chair.

Does anyone have a specific room number that is a garden view water view that has a little bit more square footage or are they all the same size. the deluxe room in the garden wing is sold out for my dates was hoping to maybe request a room that a little bigger if possible

I’m pretty sure all the regular rooms (garden/tower) are roughly the same size and same configuration. Someone said that the garden view bathrooms aren’t big enough for the big tub and therefore all have large walk-in showers. The deluxe room is a little bigger, but since there are only 3 of them, it can be hard to book. So apart from suites and rooms on the 14th floor, I think they are all the same size.
Hopefully someone else can confirm the above and maybe help you out with idea for views/room requests.

I’m pretty sure all the regular rooms (garden/tower) are roughly the same size and same configuration. Someone said that the garden view bathrooms aren’t big enough for the big tub and therefore all have large walk-in showers. The deluxe room is a little bigger, but since there are only 3 of them, it can be hard to book. So apart from suites and rooms on the 14th floor, I think they are all the same size.
Hopefully someone else can confirm the above and maybe help you out with idea for views/room requests.
I agree.

The only way to get more space is with a king room which is the same size as 2q but more floor space.

So this post is both a review of my stay at Contemporary and an open question for other thoughts and insights going forward (I think you will see what I mean if you read to the end).

Stayed at CR this past weekend (three night stay) for the first time since the mid eighties. My partner had stayed there as a child also in the nineties. So we both had some nostalgia for the place and wanted to try it as adults with our young son. The past few years, I have read some reviews that were middling (at best). Still, we wanted to give it a shot. I left disappointed. But let me start with the good.

THE GOOD

*Checkin was fast and smooth. The resort seemed well staffed

*Love the proximity to MK and the ability to use the much less crowded security checkpoints rather than wait til we are at the park gates

*Same for getting to Epcot. Not as easy as staying at the IG entrance, but still relatively easy with the mono transfer

*California Grill was really great. Cannot wait to go there again. Contempo Cafe was also fine for quick serve.

*I like the theming

THE BAD

I will start by saying that nothing was bad enough that it ruined our trip and I still easily prefer this resort over other Disney options (looking at you, CBR!). But for the price we paid, the quality of most everything should have been higher. We stayed in the Garden Wing. I knew it was a bade level room and an outer building. But I am really hoping someone can tell me there are significant differences between that wing and the main building (or BLT for that matter). Here is the list of bad:

*Garden wing was ridiculously cramped! I mean, who designed this thing??? I am a short guy, but I could touch the ceiling of the hallways in that wing without fully extending my arms. And if parties were passing each other in opposite directions of the hallway, it usually required some maneuvering. Getting through the door to our room with a stroller was also challenging at times

*The hallways were hot. It felt like some of the connecting hallways that did not have rooms on either side really were not insulated well.

*The elevators are a joke. Its only three floors, but they took forever. Then, when you get in, they really couldn’t hold more than three or four people at a time.

*The stairwells weren’t a great alternative because they were dingy and not kept up well. More than just dirt and appearances, those stairwells had mismatched floorings, peeling finishes, and just generally did not feel like a top level resort

*No balconies! Obviously, I did not know in advance and its not actually a deal breaker for me, but for what we paid, I just assumed there would be one

*The bathroom was tiny. Other deluxe resorts, my partner and I have no problem stanbding in there at the same time to get ready. This bathroom, we were bumping elbows

*We ended up with a room in the back of the garden wing and it was just ridiculously far form the main building. I don’t mind an outer building. I even prefer it in some places like GF. But those other resorts, the outer buildings feel closer and have nicer views/walks to get to them. CR does not

So like I said, not enough to ruin the trip, but considering the price, I expected more. My delimma now is that we already have a return visit to CR booked for next year staying at the club level. So for the CR experts out there, are the rooms in the main building (which is where I assume the club level rooms are located) significantly better or different than the garden wing? I will never stay in the garden wing again, but I will keep our club level reservation if I think we will have a better experience. Any opinions form anyone that has experienced both types of rooms there?

So like I said, not enough to ruin the trip, but considering the price, I expected more. My delimma now is that we already have a return visit to CR booked for next year staying at the club level. So for the CR experts out there, are the rooms in the main building (which is where I assume the club level rooms are located) significantly better or different than the garden wing? I will never stay in the garden wing again, but I will keep our club level reservation if I think we will have a better experience. Any opinions form anyone that has experienced both types of rooms there?

I want to come back later and respond to your questions in greater detail, but mind if I ask which CL room type you have booked? There are two different CLs at CR, the majority of rooms are the Atrium Club on the 12th floor, either facing the MK or Bay Lake. I know the Garden Wing has a devoted following but personally I agree with you. A stay in the main building (especially the second to top floor) is much different and worth giving it a another shot, in my humble opinion. There are some pros and cons with the main building too, but I still think it’s worth experiencing.

I want to come back later and respond to your questions in greater detail, but mind if I ask which CL room type you have booked? There are two different CLs at CR, the majority of rooms are the Atrium Club on the 12th floor, either facing the MK or Bay Lake. I know the Garden Wing has a devoted following but personally I agree with you. A stay in the main building (especially the second to top floor) is much different and worth giving it a another shot, in my humble opinion.
I will second everything that GADisneyDad14 said and will say about the differences regarding the garden wing vs. the main tower. Personally, I have found a big difference (for the better) staying in the Tower. I think the vibe is very different and I really enjoy the Tower more and think it is worth the price. There are several other posters here who can give you more details about the club level. Definitely watch some recent YouTube videos

So this post is both a review of my stay at Contemporary and an open question for other thoughts and insights going forward (I think you will see what I mean if you read to the end).

Stayed at CR this past weekend (three night stay) for the first time since the mid eighties. My partner had stayed there as a child also in the nineties. So we both had some nostalgia for the place and wanted to try it as adults with our young son. The past few years, I have read some reviews that were middling (at best). Still, we wanted to give it a shot. I left disappointed. But let me start with the good.

THE GOOD

*Checkin was fast and smooth. The resort seemed well staffed

*Love the proximity to MK and the ability to use the much less crowded security checkpoints rather than wait til we are at the park gates

*Same for getting to Epcot. Not as easy as staying at the IG entrance, but still relatively easy with the mono transfer

*California Grill was really great. Cannot wait to go there again. Contempo Cafe was also fine for quick serve.

*I like the theming

THE BAD

I will start by saying that nothing was bad enough that it ruined our trip and I still easily prefer this resort over other Disney options (looking at you, CBR!). But for the price we paid, the quality of most everything should have been higher. We stayed in the Garden Wing. I knew it was a bade level room and an outer building. But I am really hoping someone can tell me there are significant differences between that wing and the main building (or BLT for that matter). Here is the list of bad:

*Garden wing was ridiculously cramped! I mean, who designed this thing??? I am a short guy, but I could touch the ceiling of the hallways in that wing without fully extending my arms. And if parties were passing each other in opposite directions of the hallway, it usually required some maneuvering. Getting through the door to our room with a stroller was also challenging at times

*The hallways were hot. It felt like some of the connecting hallways that did not have rooms on either side really were not insulated well.

*The elevators are a joke. Its only three floors, but they took forever. Then, when you get in, they really couldn’t hold more than three or four people at a time.

*The stairwells weren’t a great alternative because they were dingy and not kept up well. More than just dirt and appearances, those stairwells had mismatched floorings, peeling finishes, and just generally did not feel like a top level resort

*No balconies! Obviously, I did not know in advance and its not actually a deal breaker for me, but for what we paid, I just assumed there would be one

*The bathroom was tiny. Other deluxe resorts, my partner and I have no problem stanbding in there at the same time to get ready. This bathroom, we were bumping elbows

*We ended up with a room in the back of the garden wing and it was just ridiculously far form the main building. I don’t mind an outer building. I even prefer it in some places like GF. But those other resorts, the outer buildings feel closer and have nicer views/walks to get to them. CR does not

@GADisneyDad14 is a CR CL pro so you are in great hands with his advice once you share which CL you booked!

I agree with a lot of the negatives you shared about the Garden Wing. IDK why Disney can't insulate those hallways with all the windows better or swap out the ceiling tiles. The elevators are terrible and good luck with a stroller or assistive device. It's honestly my biggest grip about Poly as well. I think it has to do with the age of the structures overall. Disney either can't or doesn't want to invest enough to make them fresher. With that said the Garden Wing has served me well over the years on very short trips where I want to be in and out of MK fast. You can't beat that price (when discounted) on the monorail with a walking path to MK.

I have not stayed CL in the main tower, but I have stayed in regular main tower rooms. I will say the elevators are MUCH nicer and spacious, but they suffer in a different way. They are overrun by people going to the 4th floor that either don't realize there are escalators or can't use them because they have strollers or assistive devices. It gets worse when California Grill is open and elevators are dedicated to only go to the top floor. This isn't to say the elevators aren't useable, but that would be my biggest "con" of the main tower. You've visited the CR main tower and it may not seem noticeable, but when you're waiting and waiting or get full elevators it's a little more noticeable. Just go in knowing you may have to be patient to get to the CL floor and I think you will have a great time!

I want to come back later and respond to your questions in greater detail, but mind if I ask which CL room type you have booked? There are two different CLs at CR, the majority of rooms are the Atrium Club on the 12th floor, either facing the MK or Bay Lake. I know the Garden Wing has a devoted following but personally I agree with you. A stay in the main building (especially the second to top floor) is much different and worth giving it a another shot, in my humble opinion. There are some pros and cons with the main building too, but I still think it’s worth experiencing.
I will second everything that GADisneyDad14 said and will say about the differences regarding the garden wing vs. the main tower. Personally, I have found a big difference (for the better) staying in the Tower. I think the vibe is very different and I really enjoy the Tower more and think it is worth the price. There are several other posters here who can give you more details about the club level. Definitely watch some recent YouTube videos
For next year we booked a resort view club level (is that the second to top floor?). Obviously, I am not an expert on CR. But a front desk employee there explained to me that there are two club levels that have the same offerings and the same service. And from what I have read on here in the past, am I right that the Atrium Club is for a suites floor and the other club level (the one I booked) is for base rooms in the main tower? I haven't watched any videos, but I have looked at @GADisneyDad14 pics of the club from past trips. The club looks decent enough. I am just worried about the vibe, room, etc. being too much like garden wing. So ideally, I like the idea of CR club level if the club is decent, the rooms and environment are better than the garden wing, and I still get to take advantage of everything I put on my good list.

FWIW, our favorite clubs we have stayed at in the past are Gran Destinto Tower and Beach Club. We have stayed at others as well, but those are definitely the two we have stayed at most often. When booking this return CR trip, we also considered GF club level. But its $300 a night more and we decided that even though we love that resort (and have never experienced its club), that the price difference isn't worth it. But if the CR club level is anything like the garden wing, then I am ready to re-evaluate!

Finally, for those garden wing devotees, more power to them. I'm not saying it was bad and its problems did not ruin our trip. But it was kind of absurd to pay that much and receive that kind of experience. If it were priced like a moderate resort room, I would be saying what a great value. But paying the deluxe price to hike up and down a dangerous stairwell is just ridiculous

@GADisneyDad14 is a CR CL pro so you are in great hands with his advice once you share which CL you booked!

I agree with a lot of the negatives you shared about the Garden Wing. IDK why Disney can't insulate those hallways with all the windows better or swap out the ceiling tiles. The elevators are terrible and good luck with a stroller or assistive device. It's honestly my biggest grip about Poly as well. I think it has to do with the age of the structures overall. Disney either can't or doesn't want to invest enough to make them fresher. With that said the Garden Wing has served me well over the years on very short trips where I want to be in and out of MK fast. You can't beat that price (when discounted) on the monorail with a walking path to MK.

I have not stayed CL in the main tower, but I have stayed in regular main tower rooms. I will say the elevators are MUCH nicer and spacious, but they suffer in a different way. They are overrun by people going to the 4th floor that either don't realize there are escalators or can't use them because they have strollers or assistive devices. It gets worse when California Grill is open and elevators are dedicated to only go to the top floor. This isn't to say the elevators aren't useable, but that would be my biggest "con" of the main tower. You've visited the CR main tower and it may not seem noticeable, but when you're waiting and waiting or get full elevators it's a little more noticeable. Just go in knowing you may have to be patient to get to the CL floor and I think you will have a great time!
Thanks, good information to know. I was recently discussing the slow elevator issue with some friends as it pertains to a couple vegas resorts, lol. Slow elevators kind of stink too, but I would rather have that experience than wait for the slow moving closets in the garden wing! We used the main tower elevators a couple times to get to the 4th floor with our stroller. I can definitely see how that may be a problem at peak times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter