Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I think the short ceiling problem in the garden wing is much better in the main tower. I don’t think the ceilings are as low in the tower. It feels much wider and taller. The bathrooms also have room for tubs. The hallway also are not claustrophobic bc the main building is an open atrium so there is no one across the hallway from you.

I've stayed in the tower before getting a BLT contract. I love the tower. It's classic Disney and it's just such a special place imo. Give the tower a shot, I think you'll like it much more. It's also really nice not to have to leave the building to get to food or amenities.

After several BLT stays we finally stayed at the Contemporary in a theme park view tower room last month. We loved almost everything about it. My only real complaint was the two beds being basically attached to the wall with the same headboard, so if someone moved in the other bed you could feel it. I'm an extremely light sleeper and I've got kids that toss and turn, so this was rough for me. I don't understand this design feature at all. Other than that everything was excellent and the fireworks view along with just the feeling of the resort was enough to make me consider booking it again in the future despite the impact to my sleep.

I'm staying at the Contemporary in October and have a reservation for breakfast at 'Ohana. ADR is at 7:55am and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the monorail that early. MK early entry starts at 8:30, but I'm not sure how early the resort monorail starts running in the morning.

Okay random question can you use the stairs in the main tower to get to your room. I haven’t stayed the at the contemporary since I was a kid I really hate elevators we are only staying this trip at contemporary because no other deluxe resorts are available for our dates

Okay random question can you use the stairs in the main tower to get to your room. I haven’t stayed the at the contemporary since I was a kid I really hate elevators we are only staying this trip at contemporary because no other deluxe resorts are available for our dates

I’m not sure about that, but any chance you can book a garden wing room? That’s only 3 floors & there are a lot of stair wells. Main tower you can take escalator to 4th floor, but then you could be walking as high as 11th floor for regular rooms.

Yes. It's quicker than the elevators.

Yes. It's quicker than the elevators.
Okay great! Where do you access the stairs from the main lobby or the 4th floor.

we did book a garden wing (that was all that was left) but then last night I had a thought about what if they moved us to the main tower for some reason I know the odds are low of that

Okay great! Where do you access the stairs from the main lobby or the 4th floor.

we did book a garden wing (that was all that was left) but then last night I had a thought about what if they moved us to the main tower for some reason I know the odds are low of that

Staircases are at the edge of the building where the Xs are marked.
20230827_131741.jpg

Access to a staircase from the ground using Magic Band.
20230827_131311.jpg
Photo courtesy of WDWNT.

The main stairs are located outside the 4 corners of the A frame tower. The north side (BLT) are near the bridge to BLT on the NE corner and NW stairs are right next to the 4th floor Fireworks observation seating area. Go out the glass doors and directly turn left for the external stairs. The stairs on the south side are at Chief Mickey's.

Okay random question can you use the stairs in the main tower to get to your room.

Please note the first floor with rooms are the Bay Lake view rooms (now Resort view) start on the 5th floor and the TPV rooms start on the 6th floor.

Access from the Ground level outside doors require a valid MB or RFID room key to enter the tower.

Dave

Is there stair access to the third floor? I always feel silly taking the elevator to go a single floor to the fitness center, but I've never been able to find the stairs.

Just a heads up that there was exterior work occurring over the weekend. Not sure how extensive or even if still occurring, but FWIW. I need to look back but I seem to remember a news blurb sometime over the last few months about exterior work, so maybe this is it. Or it could be spot repairs in that section - there are some panels in that space between the 12th and 14th (actual 13th) floors which have been in pretty poor shape for awhile (buckling/failed caulking).

IMG_5002.jpeg

Just checked into Bay Lake Tower. Excellent Cast Members in the lobby (check-in and front desk), the pool is nice and quiet (DVC members only, which I was unaware of until today… I thought it was shared with CR), and the resort is immaculate.

I’m staying in a fireworks studio (requested high floor) and will post a picture of the view!

IMG_6128.jpeg
IMG_6124.jpeg

Hi all,
Do you feel a main tower theme park view room is truly big enough for 5 people? 3 adults, a teen and a 6yr old?
I’m considering adding a second room, there are no tpv suites available.

Hi all,
Do you feel a main tower theme park view room is truly big enough for 5 people? 3 adults, a teen and a 6yr old?
Yes .. I believe it is .. of course depending on the adult size. The main towers rooms are one of the bigger rooms in the deluxe category along with Polynesian. I have not stayed in the wing but I do know the main tower is a nice size. Touting plans website says the Contemporary is 394 ft.² and the Beach club is 381 ft.². just compared to another deluxe resort. I found another website that said 422 ft… but regardless, it’s one of the bigger ones on property.

Last edited:
Yes .. I believe it is .. of course depending on the adult size. The main towers rooms are one of the bigger rooms in the deluxe category along with Polynesian. I have not stayed in the wing but I do know the main tower is a nice size. Touting plans website says the Contemporary is 394 ft.² and the Beach club is 381 ft.². just compared to another deluxe resort. I found another website that said 422 ft… but regardless, it’s one of the bigger ones on property.
Thank you so much, that really puts my mind at ease! And my wallet 🤦🏻‍♀️ I definitely did not want to pay for another room!

Thank you so much, that really puts my mind at ease! And my wallet 🤦🏻‍♀️ I definitely did not want to pay for another room!
Even though you’ll all be sharing a bathroom it is a VERY large bathroom and appointed nicely with plenty of counter space since the refurb. Another nice thing about the bathroom is that the water closet is separate (has its own locking door) which is good for privacy. I think that the six year old will be very comfortable on the fold-down daybed/sofa.

Hi all,

As long as everyone is comfortable being cozy together, you’ll be fine. But if you’re the type of folks that like a little more space/privacy, two rooms would be a better option, IMHO. I do agree with the PP’s that CR’s rooms are larger/functional; but a lot of it comes down to your personal travel habits/preferences.

As long as everyone is comfortable being cozy together, you’ll be fine. But if you’re the type of folks that like a little more space/privacy, two rooms would be a better option, IMHO. I do agree with the PP’s that CR’s rooms are larger/functional; but a lot of it comes down to your personal travel habits/preferences.
It’s such a hard decision, really! When I first booked I thought I must be crazy spending all of this money when we live just over an hour away. Now my mindset is well….. I’m already spending all this money, may as well do it right! Lol! I’m sure a lot of you can relate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter