Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I was at Contemporary last NYE and I don't remember seeing them distribute wristbands...the only resort I know of that does that is Poly. I didn't try to watch the fireworks from the 4th floor though, so maybe I missed it? The NYE party out in the courtyard was fun though!
I didn’t know they did any kind of party in the courtyard. What’s it like? Do they s do a countdown, etc.?

Also (and this is random) but a filtration bottle much like a portable Britta is an option that wouldn't take up much room in your suitcase. Fill it at night it will be ready to go for the morning, fill it in the morning ready for the night.
I love this idea! As Duckbug said, so much less plastic! Thank you. And thank you to everyone for commenting! ❤️

Hey all! I am thinking of attending a conference held at the CR. My plan is to stay onsite using the discounted conference block of rooms but there is a limited number of rooms available. If I’m not able to get the discounted rate, my work won’t pay the rack rate. There is a second block of rooms at Coronado Springs or I could stay offsite at a nearby Marriott.

Few questions…
1. If I can’t stay at CR, would you go Coronado or offsite. (Pretty sure they are NOT running buses for the conference so I would have to drive either way.)
2. Anyone done a non-Disney conference at the CR? Just wondering how it ‘typically’ works… where the ballrooms/meeting rooms are, lunch options, etc. (I say ‘non-Disney’ because maybe Disney does things differently for their own conferences??)

Hey all! I am thinking of attending a conference held at the CR. My plan is to stay onsite using the discounted conference block of rooms but there is a limited number of rooms available. If I’m not able to get the discounted rate, my work won’t pay the rack rate. There is a second block of rooms at Coronado Springs or I could stay offsite at a nearby Marriott.

Few questions…
1. If I can’t stay at CR, would you go Coronado or offsite. (Pretty sure they are NOT running buses for the conference so I would have to drive either way.)
2. Anyone done a non-Disney conference at the CR? Just wondering how it ‘typically’ works… where the ballrooms/meeting rooms are, lunch options, etc. (I say ‘non-Disney’ because maybe Disney does things differently for their own conferences??)
Coronado is a lovely resort if CR is not available. Would be fairly easy to get from there to CR if you did not have a car

Coronado is a lovely resort if CR is not available. Would be fairly easy to get from there to CR if you did not have a car

I’ve heard/read great things about Coronado! I’m glad you’ve experienced the same! :) guessing I would just take the MK bus to/from Coronado?

I’ve heard/read great things about Coronado! I’m glad you’ve experienced the same! :) guessing I would just take the MK bus to/from Coronado?
Bus to MK then a short walk to CR. Or really whatever bus comes first...then would be bus from DS, HS or AK or monorail from epcot. As long as the conference doesn't start before park open you have a lot of options.

Does anyone know about the 1bedroom Suite on the 14th floor of CTR and the sleeper sofa. Is it easy to pull out? We are all in our 60’s. Sure wish they had a regular rollaway instead.

Good morning!
Does anyone have a 12th floor map including lounge location indicated, please?
Potentially booking CR Atrium CL for the first time (hurray!) and would like to make an informed choice. Any maps I found through searching either didn’t include the lounge or were from years ago and no longer displayed.
Thank you so much in advance- your help is much appreciated! Have a magical day!!!

@yaksack you have access to the lounge on your floor. The Atrium Club lounge is located on the 12th floor and the Tower Club lounge is located on the 14th floor. Yes the online room listing are very confusing.

Note: If the Room Title does not include - Atrium Club Level that is Tower Club (14th floor) room.

Dave

Does anyone have a 12th floor map including lounge location indicated, please?
They are both located in the same location on the 2 club level floors. Just across from the Elevator tower bridge in the front center of the building over looking the Magic Kingdom. This is the Atrium Club level for reference.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 063736.jpg
(image source: Touring plans site)

Dave

Last edited:
Does anyone know about the 1bedroom Suite on the 14th floor of CTR and the sleeper sofa. Is it easy to pull out? We are all in our 60’s. Sure wish they had a regular rollaway instead.

I would rate is as a standard sleeper sofa - once you get it going and the springs/tension work your way, it pulls out easily - but you may have to use some muscle for those first few efforts. If for some reason you need assistance I’m sure CL CMs would be happy to call for help.

It’s not the most comfortable sleeping option but it’s passable.

Enjoy your stay!

Rescuing this thread from the depths because we just switched our GDT pre-cruise stay to CR thanks to a great discount rate. Had some questions now that we finally get to check this resort out. About how long is the walk from the garden wing to the tower for transportation? And how long does it generally take to get to EP for rope drop? We’ve only ever monorailed there direct from the TTC on our Poly stays and it still wasn’t running when I stayed at GF so trying to get a gauge of how much time we should allot to transfer if we want to be on the first train for EE.

Rescuing this thread from the depths because we just switched our GDT pre-cruise stay to CR thanks to a great discount rate. Had some questions now that we finally get to check this resort out. About how long is the walk from the garden wing to the tower for transportation? And how long does it generally take to get to EP for rope drop? We’ve only ever monorailed there direct from the TTC on our Poly stays and it still wasn’t running when I stayed at GF so trying to get a gauge of how much time we should allot to transfer if we want to be on the first train for EE.
My experience is that the walk is 3-5 minutes depending upon your room location in the Garden Wing to the Tower building. The walk is not enclosed but there is a covered walk between the two buildings. Also, you need to take the escalator / elevator up to the 4th floor of the Contemporary and then take a second escalator / elevator to the monorail platform. I would budget an extra 2-3 minutes for the escalator / elevators.

The ride from the CR to TTC is only a couple of minutes. The ride from TTC to EP is about 15 minutes. But, you do need to exit the monorail at the TTC, walk down to the base-level of the TTC, and then walk up a ramp to the EP line. That will take you 5 minutes or less.

Accordingly I would budget a minimum of 33 minutes: 17-20 minutes for monorail time, 5-8 minutes walking at CR, 3-5 minutes walking at TTC. Plus, I have not accounted for time waiting at the monorail platforms (which I cannot really speculate because I don't know how quickly things are running and when you arrive at a platform).

As an aside, I love CR (it's a great spot) and the monorail is just so whimsical.

My experience is that the walk is 3-5 minutes depending upon your room location in the Garden Wing to the Tower building. The walk is not enclosed but there is a covered walk between the two buildings. Also, you need to take the escalator / elevator up to the 4th floor of the Contemporary and then take a second escalator / elevator to the monorail platform. I would budget an extra 2-3 minutes for the escalator / elevators.

The ride from the CR to TTC is only a couple of minutes. The ride from TTC to EP is about 15 minutes. But, you do need to exit the monorail at the TTC, walk down to the base-level of the TTC, and then walk up a ramp to the EP line. That will take you 5 minutes or less.

Accordingly I would budget a minimum of 33 minutes: 17-20 minutes for monorail time, 5-8 minutes walking at CR, 3-5 minutes walking at TTC. Plus, I have not accounted for time waiting at the monorail platforms (which I cannot really speculate because I don't know how quickly things are running and when you arrive at a platform).

As an aside, I love CR (it's a great spot) and the monorail is just so whimsical.
Thank you! We booked water view and put a request in to face the lake. Hoping to be able to catch the water pageant!

I’m still bummed out that we had to cancel our stay here over the 50th weekend so I’m really excited we get to stay before our first Disney cruise. Especially since my gf is an artist and Mary Blair is one of her heroes.

Thank you! We booked water view and put a request in to face the lake. Hoping to be able to catch the water pageant!

I’m still bummed out that we had to cancel our stay here over the 50th weekend so I’m really excited we get to stay before our first Disney cruise. Especially since my gf is an artist and Mary Blair is one of her heroes.
You’re going to have a great time. Along with the mural, check out a lot of the Mary Blair stuff in the 1st floor lobby. Also, tucked away in the corner near the doors to the pool & garden wing is a bunch of painting/drawings that I believe are Andy Warhols.

We stayed in the garden wing in late August. The walk was less than 5 minutes and there is a covered walkway. I don't remember exactly how long it took to get to Epcot but it was quick. You get off at the TTC and just walk around to another platform. We really never waited more than a couple of minutes. We loved the garden wing as it's very quiet and relaxing. We were lucky and got a first floor room with a patio. I really wanted the third floor but was really happy with the patio. We sat out there more than I thought we would. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter