Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well have a seaworld trip booked Dec 26 checking out 31. Hubby tells me tonight, "oh yeah I have the following Monday off", which means we could have an extra day in warm weather! But our hotel was booked solid for new years eve so just booked coronado!

We have stayed here before and loved it. Paying rack rate made me a little sick though lol I am a super planner so usually get great deals. Did get a little off with orbitz though. No parks this time just going to enjoy the resort!

Well have a seaworld trip booked Dec 26 checking out 31. Hubby tells me tonight, "oh yeah I have the following Monday off", which means we could have an extra day in warm weather! But our hotel was booked solid for new years eve so just booked coronado!

We have stayed here before and loved it. Paying rack rate made me a little sick though lol I am a super planner so usually get great deals. Did get a little off with orbitz though. No parks this time just going to enjoy the resort!
We enjoyed Coronado very much. The resort property is beautifully landscaped so it was a pleasure to stroll the grounds. We ate at Ventanas twice and was pleasantly surprised. Had breakfast and lunch there and both meals were wonderful. It's a small quiet restaurant with great food and even better wait staff. Enjoy your stay!

Edit to add: oops! Just re-read your post and I see you have stayed there before soooooo........you already knew that! LOL.

We are booked at Coronado June 5-12, 2017. My parents have been hinting that they may be interested in joining us on this trip. When I look on the Disney website to give them a price, it is showing no availability for any of the room categories. My travel agent also called and got the same answer. We even tried adjusting the dates slightly and still nothing. I know the resort can't be sold out already. Does anyone have an idea of why this could be happening and if they will eventually show availability? The only thing I can think of is the room renovations. Maybe they are not allowing further bookings until they know what is going to happen with the renovations???

We are booked at Coronado June 5-12, 2017. My parents have been hinting that they may be interested in joining us on this trip. When I look on the Disney website to give them a price, it is showing no availability for any of the room categories. My travel agent also called and got the same answer. We even tried adjusting the dates slightly and still nothing. I know the resort can't be sold out already. Does anyone have an idea of why this could be happening and if they will eventually show availability? The only thing I can think of is the room renovations. Maybe they are not allowing further bookings until they know what is going to happen with the renovations???

They may be sold out for just one day of your trip. Try looking night by night and see if there is a date that is keeping the reservation from going through. You might be able to adjust your reservation.

They may be sold out for just one day of your trip. Try looking night by night and see if there is a date that is keeping the reservation from going through. You might be able to adjust your reservation.
I checked and it does show availability starting on June 7. Anyone know if they block rooms and then release them later? I am assuming this may be because of a convention?

DH and I are planning a trip without the kids and thinking about staying here since we can't with the kids (we are a family of 5, so usually stay deluxe or POR). My only concern is the note about refurb on the WDW website. I admit I didn't read through this entire thread. We are thinking of going the week after Easter,a and staying in a preferred room.

@skuttle - if you are in a preferred room, you probably won't even notice a rehab is happening. Ranchos (the farthest rooms, "behind" the main pool) are the ones being worked on first.

I've been looking for the perfect resort for our Nov 2017 stay and I found it! I spent the evening reading trough a lot of the thread and looking at the map and am so excited! It will be interesting to see how much of the rehab gets completed by November. As of now I would like either Casitas or Cabanas section (standard as I need two rooms :crazy2:). I'm SUPER excited about the Keurigs in the rooms! I never liked those pods and always had to go get coffee every morning! I look forward to learning more about CSR and following along on the rehab progress!

We are in Casitas 4. Love this location when I can't get business class. The fence around the quiet pool here does not get locked at night. The quiet pool rules appear to be back to normal. Meaning if you are quiet late at night security doesn't say anything.

Buses have been excellent again. Especially on the way to the parks.

Cool thing last night. We are on the 4th floor of Casitas 4 facing the lagoon, which is the best place at the resort for viewing fireworks. Last night at 9:30pm we had the Star Wars fireworks from DHS and Illuminations from EPCOT happening at the same time!! Very rare to have them at the same time. The whole sky was lit up!! Those DHS fireworks are VERY close and loud. You can hear the music plain as day too.

I'm thinking of requesting that area and have a couple of questions. Do you feel like the water view was worth the extra cost? I'm struggling with that, especially since there's no balcony to sit at. If you get the 1st floor by the pool, it looks like the pool is practically right outside of the doors. Is that the case? Is there a fence between the pool area and ground level doors?

TIA! I've never been to CSR and am trying to figure it all out!

We are considering CSR for this trip in May. Haven't stayed here for over 15 years, and now are coming with 3yr old twins, hubby and my mother. Last year, we did AOA family suite, which worked well for our group, and are deciding between doing that again or switch to a Junior Suite here. Thoughts? We didn't find AOA very big as others complain about, and have been Mod fans for years, so the thought of going back to a Mod is enticing. Is this price difference worth it for kids of that age really??

I'm thinking of requesting that area and have a couple of questions. Do you feel like the water view was worth the extra cost? I'm struggling with that, especially since there's no balcony to sit at. If you get the 1st floor by the pool, it looks like the pool is practically right outside of the doors. Is that the case? Is there a fence between the pool area and ground level doors?

TIA! I've never been to CSR and am trying to figure it all out!

A lot of people will tell you the waterview isn't worth it. I feel it's such a beautiful resort I don't want to be looking at a parking lot outside my room. We stayed in the Business Class rooms the previous 2 trips (none available this time), but Casitas 4 was my favorite location before there was such a thing as BC. If you gave a ground floor pool side room you will be about 20 feet from the pool, but there is a fence between you and the pool.

The quiet pool at Casitas 4 is double the size of the other quiet pools. It has lots of chairs around it. We usually don't use the main pool when we stay in Casitas 4 for that reason. The other quiet pools rarely get used, but this one always has people in it because of the size.

The Fitness center and Salon are by this pool. The laundry for the 5 Casitas buildings is in this building. You use the bus stop 2 which is the first to pick up and drop off from the parks. It's also as close as you can get to the food court without paying for preferred or Business Class.

A lot of people will tell you the waterview isn't worth it. I feel it's such a beautiful resort I don't want to be looking at a parking lot outside my room. We stayed in the Business Class rooms the previous 2 trips (none available this time), but Casitas 4 was my favorite location before there was such a thing as BC. If you gave a ground floor pool side room you will be about 20 feet from the pool, but there is a fence between you and the pool.

The quiet pool at Casitas 4 is double the size of the other quiet pools. It has lots of chairs around it. We usually don't use the main pool when we stay in Casitas 4 for that reason. The other quiet pools rarely get used, but this one always has people in it because of the size.

The Fitness center and Salon are by this pool. The laundry for the 5 Casitas buildings is in this building. You use the bus stop 2 which is the first to pick up and drop off from the parks. It's also as close as you can get to the food court without paying for preferred or Business Class.

Just a reminder: Business Class is no more :(

Whether or not it will return at some point is unknown at this point.

Does anyone know if 9B is totally closed, or are they just eliminating the lounge and using the building as "spill over" due to the rehab...?

Does anyone know if 9B is totally closed, or are they just eliminating the lounge and using the building as "spill over" due to the rehab...?

9B is totally closed for now. I had an arrival date of 3/21. I was moved to AKL CL. I haven't seen anything past my dates being moved yet. From what I gather it was a last minute change in plans, hence having to move bookings. I do know there are booking into next fall for 9B.

There are a few rumors about BC.
1 Being knocked down.
2 Moving elsewhere on CSR.
3 Gone.
Time will tell.

Thanks @vikster1 ...I heard they are moving everyone who booked BC to AKL Club, but that could have just been because the lounge was closed down and BC paid for that extra amenity.

Seems strange to shut the building down entirely when they are already taking a Ranchos building out of circulation for rehab. Oh well, even less guests and more quiet for the rest of us.

I agree about the view. I know it's not like you have a balcony to sit on, but I want to experience those beautiful views when I'm coming and going!

Building 4 looks perfect! I will definitely request it. It's my understanding that that area will be the last for the renovations. I just hope it's finished by November!

@skuttle - if you are in a preferred room, you probably won't even notice a rehab is happening. Ranchos (the farthest rooms, "behind" the main pool) are the ones being worked on first.

Along similar lines, do I need to be concerned about staying in an "old" room? Are they really worn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter