Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh good idea. I tried that and 11/30 is the sold out night. It's wide open every other night. That is a huge bummer that 1 night throws a wrench in a perfectly good week there!

Should I resort hop on that one night? Is it even worth it? Anyone else had this issue and found a workaround? :confused3

I would book what you can. Then I would keep checking, all the time. I'm sure it will open up. There could be a convention and rooms may be blocked off. I don't see one listed on Buzz's but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Keep checking!! It will be worth it.

W are checking in July 2nd. Has anyone had luck getting into their room before the 3 o'clock check in????

We were at the resort and checked in by 8am. Our room was not ready till almost 5:30. I seriously wanted to cry. We ended up with extra fast passes, but since we had zero sleep the night before we were miserable. I'll never fly im this early again.

Hi! We are going to CSR May 8th-13th. I was just barely able to get a standard 2 queen room as this was a last minute decision to stay at CSR. This trip is just my husband and I,no kids YAY!! SO I have a couple of questions.

We plan on sleeping in and having late nights.

What is the best area/rooms to request? I know we want top floor but with all the constructionI am not sure where to ask to stay so we can sleep in.

Will we have any chance of getting a room with a king bed? It seems like that is it's own category but I have not seen a room open for booking and I check a few times a day.

Is something going on that is making the resort extra busy at this time? The crowd levels do not look bad but the resort is sold out. I am a bit perplexed by this. I know they have conventions here so could that be it? Is there a place to find out?

I would love any extra advice for an adult couple traveling alone on fun things to do at the resort or anywhere else at WDW!!

Thanks!

Hi! We are going to CSR May 8th-13th. I was just barely able to get a standard 2 queen room as this was a last minute decision to stay at CSR. This trip is just my husband and I,no kids YAY!! SO I have a couple of questions.

We plan on sleeping in and having late nights.

What is the best area/rooms to request? I know we want top floor but with all the construction I am not sure where to ask to stay so we can sleep in.

Not sure, maybe Casitas? I think it's going to be harder and harder to predict and avoid due to the tower being built.

Will we have any chance of getting a room with a king bed? It seems like that is it's own category but I have not seen a room open for booking and I check a few times a day.

It's a separate booking category. You could ask at check in, but solo conventioners might have booked them up.

Is something going on that is making the resort extra busy at this time? The crowd levels do not look bad but the resort is sold out. I am a bit perplexed by this. I know they have conventions here so could that be it? Is there a place to find out?
Buzz's facebook site shows these around the same time:
May 10 - 12, CSCCa Annual National Conference
May 21 - 24, ISM Conference and Exhibition

I would love any extra advice for an adult couple traveling alone on fun things to do at the resort or anywhere else at WDW!! Thanks!
No advice there but I can recommend the Maya Grill if you want dinner, it was really good. Las Ventanas also had a nice breakfast as well.

Just a quick question to my CSR crowd...
I've got a 7:40 ADR at Ohana...What's my earliest (approximate) bus to the Magic Kingdom area? Or is this just a bad idea from CSR?

Here now! I still have 2 days, but for the most part I feel like I can give a pretty decent review at this point.

Check in: this was a nightmare! I did the online check in, and for my requests I let them know our flight was landing around 6:30am. I asked for early check in, and a room on the first floor. But early check in was priority. Get to the resort at 7amish and they have no rooms. The lady checking us in said they "never" check anyone in before 3:00pm and if someone claims otherwise they are misinformed. Long story short we didn't get a room till about 5:30pm. They face us 3 fast passes for the inconvience but we could barely walk from not sleeping the night before it was pointless. We ended up on the 3rd floor in Casitas 5 facing the lake. Room is perfect, I just wish the rooms had the little hooks like the other resorts do, for bags and such. Walk to the bus stop #2 and El Centro isn't horrible.

Luggage delivery: I called the luggage office (room?) when we got to our room around 6pm and was told our luggage was no where to be found, just our carry ons. My Mom was panicking due to putting her meds in her suitcase (I told her after always carry them in your carry on!) they told us we'd need to contact the airport and find out what's going on. When the man delivered our carry ons my Mom talked to him and he said he didn't understand how they couldn't "find" our luggage and would let us know what he could find out. About 45mins later it magically showed up at our door. Still no idea what really happened!

Buses: Its basically 50/50. The buses to the parks are fine, the most we waited was maybe 15mins. Which is standard and no boggy. Busses to the resort, the LEAST we've waited was a good 25mins. One, literally one time we walked right onto a bus. We waited almost 40mins at Epcot yesterday, 40mins!! Twice we got picked up by another resort bus, I'm guessing due to the insanely long ques at the bus stops every time.

Pepper mill: We've only eaten breakfast here but I have no complaints. Food was good, restaurant is clean and we actually have used our mugs quite a bit. Since we're not to far away it's our stop before the bus stop and after when returning.

Construction: I have maybe heard construction one time so far. It's more of an eyesore, but I can't say it really bothers me. You notice it the most when you're entering/leaving the resort. They facades are up, and you see a great deal of construction equipment, sand dunes, etc. From
Our room, across the lake you can see a huge pile of sand. Again, it doesn't bother me so much. But it's hard to kiss upon entering/leaving the resort. It wouldn't turn me away though if I was considering staying in the next few weeks.

All in all I'm unsure if we will stay here again. At this very moment I'm leaning more towards no, but never say never!

Just got here. Did online check in and got the text while on the ME bus. We're in Cabana 9A. Requested 7A, but it still has construction signs up with construction workers milling about.

Hi, sorry to butt in. Does anyone know if I can call and ask for the 25% off AFTER i booked my room? Will they give me the discount? I travel in August.

I don't think the minimum night thing is true, because my brother is coming down for 1 night and my sister is staying 2 nights during my families 4 night visit. And, we are going down over the 4th...We all have standard rooms.

I called twice and got two CM's who said for the room discounts, there was a minimum night stay. One CM booked 6 nights then sent it over to Guest Relations to have them drop a night. They could do it, but it brought it back up to rack rate and was as much to stay for 4 nights as it was for 6 at the discount. We ended up booking through a 3rd party site.

I called twice and got two CM's who said for the room discounts, there was a minimum night stay. One CM booked 6 nights then sent it over to Guest Relations to have them drop a night. They could do it, but it brought it back up to rack rate and was as much to stay for 4 nights as it was for 6 at the discount. We ended up booking through a 3rd party site.

Are you referring to the 25% discount that is currently on the website? That has a minimum 1 night stay.

I've never ever heard of a minimum night requirement on room-only discounts. Packages like FD, yes. Room-only discounts, no.

Are you referring to the 25% discount that is currently on the website? That has a minimum 1 night stay.

I've never ever heard of a minimum night requirement on room-only discounts. Packages like FD, yes. Room-only discounts, no.

I hadn't either, thats why I called back to talk to someone else. But that is what they both said. The CMs said that the minimum stay wasn't for all resorts, but some do have them.

When I would search for the current room discount or the passholder discount for June 28-July 2 (and June 28-July 3), the only room that came open was the Junior King Suite. If the dates were changed to June 28-July 4, standard rooms came open for $167 a night. When I called and they booked it, then tried to drop off a night, the price went back up to $230 per night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter