Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive The first week of AUgust and definitely want a refurbished room. We are currently booked in a preferred view bc we heard preferred is all renovated. It is $50 more per night than a standard view- we dont care at all about view or location - just want a refurbed room. WHat would you suggest? Keep the preferred or switch to standard and hope?!

To me, the pre-refurb rooms were also nice and I'd be perfectly happy in one. Yes, I would rather have the refreshed room, but I'd still be okay in the old style and I'd rather save the $50 a night to use toward more poolside drinks, souvenirs, or a nice dinner. If you won't be happy unless you're in a refurbed room, I'd keep the preferred booking.

Just got home from a 5 night stay in Casitas 5. We've always stayed values before with AoA being our favorite, so this was my first moderate stay.

The good- new rooms are wonderful with a lot of nice extras that make them feel a level higher than the values. Buses were amazing. We only had to stand one day, right at MK closing. Often we were one of a handful of groups on the bus. Compared to our usual experience of standing on an overcrowded bus often that was a big change for us.

The bad - the elevators in our building are in dire need of an overhaul. The feature pool needs a good refurb (which it's getting so that's good), the bottom has been patched a ton and is rough on the feet. If I had paid full price the construction would have been a bigger deal. Especially now that it's not just the tower but covering pretty much all around the water. But the discount made that more than bearable. Food was sub par from what we are used to at Disney, but we found that to be true across all of WDW this trip.

All in all it was a good stay and I would stay there again.

Just got home from a 5 night stay in Casitas 5. We've always stayed values before with AoA being our favorite, so this was my first moderate stay.

The good- new rooms are wonderful with a lot of nice extras that make them feel a level higher than the values. Buses were amazing. We only had to stand one day, right at MK closing. Often we were one of a handful of groups on the bus. Compared to our usual experience of standing on an overcrowded bus often that was a big change for us.

The bad - the elevators in our building are in dire need of an overhaul. The feature pool needs a good refurb (which it's getting so that's good), the bottom has been patched a ton and is rough on the feet. If I had paid full price the construction would have been a bigger deal. Especially now that it's not just the tower but covering pretty much all around the water. But the discount made that more than bearable. Food was sub par from what we are used to at Disney, but we found that to be true across all of WDW this trip.

All in all it was a good stay and I would stay there again.
We paid $173/night for our trip next weekend. Does that seem about right for the discounted price?

Yeah. We were around $150 but we didn't stay on Friday or Saturday night.
I thought $173 was pretty good for a moderate. We are excited to stay there for the first time even with the construction. The main pool is still open right?

I am going to Coronado Springs resort September 8-14 and was wondering what kind of construction is going on and what to expect. We have a couple of days not at the park and was wondering if the pool will be open and such. Thanks

I thought $173 was pretty good for a moderate. We are excited to stay there for the first time even with the construction. The main pool is still open right?
Yes, it's open now and I think it will be until August, so you should be fine.

This all sounds in line with what I paid. While I'm glad I got to try this place out, I'm sad that it will be out of reach once construction is complete!

Agree! Just got back from another stay (thanks for the recs, my husband worked in Pepper Market and the sports bar). It was noisier than our other trip here--there were a bunch of youth sports groups around (not just at the resort, though, we found them all over the parks this trip). One terrible Disney Springs bus experience (45min wait, ugh) but otherwise good--the app helps a lot when planning departures. But I imagine we won't be enjoying the $165 ish rate we've been getting recently after the refurb...

Agree! Just got back from another stay (thanks for the recs, my husband worked in Pepper Market and the sports bar). It was noisier than our other trip here--there were a bunch of youth sports groups around (not just at the resort, though, we found them all over the parks this trip). One terrible Disney Springs bus experience (45min wait, ugh) but otherwise good--the app helps a lot when planning departures. But I imagine we won't be enjoying the $165 ish rate we've been getting recently after the refurb...
Oh no! Do you think the sports groups will still be there next weekend? We booked a moderate hoping to get away from the 15s. We also are going to Disney springs one of the two days that we will be there so I hope we don’t have that same experience.

I didn't see sports groups, but there were a few of the South American tour groups at the resort and a ton in the parks (the Quinceanera tour groups). Other than avoiding them at the bus stops we didn't have any issues with them at the resort. They did slow down some lines in the parks.

I didn't see sports groups, but there were a few of the South American tour groups at the resort and a ton in the parks (the Quinceanera tour groups). Other than avoiding them at the bus stops we didn't have any issues with them at the resort. They did slow down some lines in the parks.

The ones we saw were practicing soccer in the lawns around the Cabanas. Another group was doing push ups in the dig site pool entrance! That didn't bother us--it was more just some late night noise that woke me at around 2am. Never saw them on the buses.

I am going to Coronado Springs resort September 8-14 and was wondering what kind of construction is going on and what to expect. We have a couple of days not at the park and was wondering if the pool will be open and such. Thanks

The Dig Site pool area will be closed for refurbishment during your stay, but the quiet pools will be open.

It has a tab on top to select your specific bus stop. We found it pretty accurate except for one bus came that was apparently not "tracked" so the wait was less than we thought.

Hi, I cannot find anything on the MDE app about bus wait times....How do we access this? I was there in Feb. and didn't know anything about it. Is it new? Thanks!

Hi, I cannot find anything on the MDE app about bus wait times....How do we access this? I was there in Feb. and didn't know anything about it. Is it new? Thanks!
It is new (within the past month) and will only appear when you have an active resort reservation. The option will display where you view room charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter