Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked a Tower room for 8/7!!! The other CSR rooms are set up with shower/toilet in one room and sinks/mirror outside - why in the world would they put everything in one?? Maybe because this is going to be a convention resort with mostly single occupancy? Oh well, just three of us going, so doesn’t deter me, but it’s not ideal 😊.

I just booked a Tower room for 8/7!!! The other CSR rooms are set up with shower/toilet in one room and sinks/mirror outside - why in the world would they put everything in one?? Maybe because this is going to be a convention resort with mostly single occupancy? Oh well, just three of us going, so doesn’t deter me, but it’s not ideal 😊.

That’s exactly why

I know....and yes, because convention resort...but hello still 2 Queen beds in a room.........you would think THAT would warrant the separated bath. 🤷‍♀️ We are taking our adult children and their significant others....the 4 of them are going to be in one room and my DH, younger DD, and I in another....really would of liked the separated bath. :(

Last edited:
Am I interpreting the pictures correctly from the bathroom? That if I were to walk into this room and someone was showering I would walk by the bath area without any type of door or curtain and would have full view of theperson showering? I have no issue of just having limited access to a bath shower toilet area. So having the sinks by the shower is really not an issue but having a clear view of the shower from the room is.

Am I interpreting the pictures correctly from the bathroom? That if I were to walk into this room and someone was showering I would walk by the bath area without any type of door or curtain and would have full view of theperson showering? I have no issue of just having limited access to a bath shower toilet area. So having the sinks by the shower is really not an issue but having a clear view of the shower from the room is.
There is a slider.

Thank you!!!!!! I was just calling my mother and we were chatting about this as this would’ve been a dealbreaker and we would have canceled. Her quote was so funny “ if I’m paying that amount of money I’m not gonna go to the dollar tree and get suction cups to make my shower experience private „. So happy now as we really look forward to trying this out. But I do have to admit the room does it look smaller on these pictures then on the renderings that Disney sent out

We are bringing a shower curtain to hang. There are towel hooks on the wall and the shower glass that should work. If not then a couple 3M hooks will work. It seems weird to hack a brand new room but time management wont allow for four people to use area solo.

Has anybody seen any rooms that have bathtubs in the new tower? A bathtub is a must for us on holiday, and is the main reason why I haven't shifted our reservation from a standard CSR room to the tower yet.

We are bringing a shower curtain to hang. There are towel hooks on the wall and the shower glass that should work. If not then a couple 3M hooks will work. It seems weird to hack a brand new room but time management wont allow for four people to use area solo.
Afree If anyone is a morning showerer - out the door. no way. We are more evening types, no rush

They should have made a larger sink then. Dont think too many will be sink sharing. In fact most families including ours never use their double sinks in their bathrooms. It’s kind of a waste of countertop space as I for one do not like brushing my teeth next to someone or being directly next to someone who is brushing their teeth gross

Got an opportunity to go mid to late August this year! Prices show this resort being very discounted compared with others at the same level like POR and POFQ. From all the information I can see, it appears this resort is more recently updated, and the construction mostly complete. Any ideas or things I should know about as to why Disney is pricing it so low?

Got an opportunity to go mid to late August this year! Prices show this resort being very discounted compared with others at the same level like POR and POFQ. From all the information I can see, it appears this resort is more recently updated, and the construction mostly complete. Any ideas or things I should know about as to why Disney is pricing it so low?
I just repriced our 8/4-8/11 stay in the Tower Water View and it is $1200 higher than I booked in February.

I just repriced our 8/4-8/11 stay in the Tower Water View and it is $1200 higher than I booked in February.
Maybe that's why. The tower will be open so the original side is being discounted? Although, it still looks really nice with all of the updates.

AKL is my favorite too! This is a different feel/vibe than AKL, but definitely still a good one. Even though this is a moderate and AKL is a deluxe, this feels more upscale. The rooms feel to be similar in size, but the CSR rooms are newly refurbed so they’re actually nicer. You’ll love it! Have a great trip!
CRS looks lovely on the pictures I am sure I'll love it...even though it's not AKL ;) Plus it is also nice explore a new resort. I agree that the CSR rooms look even nicer than some of the deluxe resort. I will report back in late September :)

I asked about refill station in another thread and there is a refill station at the Dig site now, but it doesn't have the exact same selection as what is in food court and only cold drinks (ie no tea/coffee)
Thank you so much for sharing the info :flower3:

I just check for our Dates beginning of sept and the Tower Standard is About 50 more night than POR.. but POR/FQ are the most popular Mods that sell out first. CBR and CSR were Always the cheaper ones and many avoided those. But the Skyline might be a game changer for CBR. My Tower room is About 500 more now, but then I got a Special rate anyways

CSR was often avoided because it was simply huge… Rancheros but the walkways now might make it seem smaller, fastert to Get to Things. Also CSR and CBR has their own theming, but POR offers the boats to DS etc..

This may have been answered upthread but, with the tower opening soon, do we know what will happen to the existing lobby area? My understanding is that the Gran Destino lobby will serve as the new lobby for the whole resort, so will they be shuttering the current lobby? What would they use that space for since I know they're going to keep Mercado and Maya Grill open? Or am I just totally off base here?

Has anybody seen any rooms that have bathtubs in the new tower? A bathtub is a must for us on holiday, and is the main reason why I haven't shifted our reservation from a standard CSR room to the tower yet.
Are there bathtubs in the Tower rooms? We’re planning a visit with a 10 month old and really need a tub. Do we need to request a Tower room with a tub?

Last edited:
They should have made a larger sink then. Dont think too many will be sink sharing. In fact most families including ours never use their double sinks in their bathrooms. It’s kind of a waste of countertop space as I for one do not like brushing my teeth next to someone or being directly next to someone who is brushing their teeth gross
We must be in the minority then. We have 2 adults and two teens. Usually stay at the Poly where everything in the bathroom is in one room. Hasn’t been an issue for us. The two sinks come in handy. Our master bath at home has double sinks. My DH and I stand next to each other daily and brush our teeth. Looking forward to seeing these rooms next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter