Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the ground level standard rooms loud with the hardwood flooring above you? Can you hear all the activity and footsteps from your upstairs neighbors? What about in the tower? Can you hear the room about you in the tower? We usually choose top floor for our requests but we have a mobility injury this time around.

We never had any problem with noise from above. We were first-floor, standard room in Casitas 5. Only noise we had was one family next door whose toddler-aged child was often Not. Happy. but they were only there a couple nights. Otherwise it was nice and quiet to us.

I stayed in the tower over July 4th weekend and the only time I used Lyft was on arrival night, because my flight down was delayed and I was trying to hustle to Epcot in time for the fireworks. It took maybe 10 minutes to get there and practically no wait for a car.

But the reason I didn’t use Lyft was the buses were so great for rope drop. I managed to get on the first bus of the day each time and none of them showed up to the tower full so I can only imagine you’d be fine in the outer buildings.

The one bus snafu I had was coming home from MK on July 3rd at closing. The CSR line wrapped outside the physical bus queue twice over. But the wait wasn’t as horrific as I assumed it would be, I think once they realized it was so backed up they just brought bus after bus after bus, some were the charter buses. So it wasn’t bad.

Did the tower have empty busses come first thing in morning or did all the busses start at Cassitas stop first and end up at GDT? When I was there in April they had empty busses come directly to GDT first thing and they were always filled with just the GDT stop and then the next busses to come thru usually only had a few seats open after going through other stops first.

Are the ground level standard rooms loud with the hardwood flooring above you? Can you hear all the activity and footsteps from your upstairs neighbors? What about in the tower? Can you hear the room about you in the tower? We usually choose top floor for our requests but we have a mobility injury this time around.

I stayed in Cassitas 3 in April first floor didn’t hear any noise from above or through walls but people next door would stand outside my door at night and have loud conversations and would let their kids run up and down outside door laughing and screaming early in morning and basically anytime they wanted during day. Stayed in tower in Jan and never heard a sound.

Did the tower have empty busses come first thing in morning or did all the busses start at Cassitas stop first and end up at GDT? When I was there in April they had empty busses come directly to GDT first thing and they were always filled with just the GDT stop and then the next busses to come thru usually only had a few seats open after going through other stops first.

There were definitely people on the buses when they came to the tower stop, not very many people but they weren’t empty. Most packed was the HS bus but still had seats.

There were definitely people on the buses when they came to the tower stop, not very many people but they weren’t empty. Most packed was the HS bus but still had seats.

Did you find once you were on the bus from Tower, the ride to the parks was pretty quick? I figure if it's a not a long ride to parks, standing won't be an issue for us if no seats.

Did you find once you were on the bus from Tower, the ride to the parks was pretty quick? I figure if it's a not a long ride to parks, standing won't be an issue for us if no seats.

Yeah it took no time at all to get to the parks especially considering the tower is the last stop out of the resort. MK took maybe 12-14 minutes tops and that’s the furthest one from CSR. For comparison that’s about how long it took me to walk to MK from GF back in May (though obviously I could control when I left).

We had issues on our last trip, but only because the person above us was using what had to be one of those foot massager machines and it was shaking the whole room. Only lasted for about ten or fifteen minutes, but after the third night we complained to the front desk and the problem went away.

Yeah it took no time at all to get to the parks especially considering the tower is the last stop out of the resort. MK took maybe 12-14 minutes tops and that’s the furthest one from CSR. For comparison that’s about how long it took me to walk to MK from GF back in May (though obviously I could control when I left).

Agreed. DHS felt like it took no time at all, AK was faster than I was used to even though we usually stayed over in the value resorts labeled "AK-area", and EPCOT was pretty fast. But comparatively speaking, even MK wasn't bad at all.

Has anyone stayed recently and successfully faxed a room request and been given your request? Did you fax your request through Touring Plans or on your own?

Hi everyone! I just moved my July 28th trip at the Contemporary to an August 7th trip at CSR. My daughter has a terrible cold and she just can’t fly on Wednesday.
CSR is the only moderate resort that I’ve never stayed at. Im excited and nervous. Giving up the monorail and walkway to Mk was HARD. We usually stay at French Quarter, so buses aren’t terrifying, especially with the recent reports.

We are in a Tower standard room.
I know next to nothing about CSR, so I’m looking forward to studying this thread!
one question I have is how busy are the pools right now? Are there waits to get in or anything crazy like that?
Thank you!

Has anyone stayed recently and successfully faxed a room request and been given your request? Did you fax your request through Touring Plans or on your own?

Faxes are not done anymore. Touring Plans obtained dedicated email addresses for the resorts that they send room requests to 30 days ahead, or if you make it within that 30 days it's sent the next day.

For all those who have stayed in CSR over the past year and a half, is it safe to say the Cabanas quiet pool is where the tower folks flock to if they don't want to go to the Dig SIte? Our last stay at CSR was in 2018 in building 8C and I enjoyed being the only person in the Cabanas quiet pool while I watched them install the outer panels on the tower. I don't imagine that quiet pool is so quiet anymore given its proximity to the tower and we are thinking about requesting a Ranchos building rather than Cabanas for our November 2022 stay. Or we could go for 8A, because we love the Cabanas section, and be close to the Ranchos quiet pool as well as the Cabanas pool. Obviously we have lots of time to decide though!

Just got home last night from a fabulous birthday trip at CSR. I'd requested Cabanas 2nd floor, corner via TP -and to be fair, I could have been blocked into one, but when I got there about 8/8:30 last Monday morning, the CM at the counter when I went just to check that my MBs were linked and to get my birthday button started looking to see if there were any rooms available. I felt bad stopping her, so I took what she found (Casitas, building 5, 1st floor in the middle of a "hallway"). And honestly? It was really nice to go ahead and get things settled before going to the park rather than having to call Bell Services and wait for them later.

I don't think I had anyone above me the first few nights, but then someone came in and I think they were there for a convention as it definitely sounded like heels walking across the floor every time they moved around. But that was just during the day.

Three Bridges was fabulous - I actually ate there twice.

Today I actually changed my pre-Wish cruise stay to GDT in a Tower Water View for next August (was going to be AKL)!!

Just got home last night from a fabulous birthday trip at CSR. I'd requested Cabanas 2nd floor, corner via TP -and to be fair, I could have been blocked into one, but when I got there about 8/8:30 last Monday morning, the CM at the counter when I went just to check that my MBs were linked and to get my birthday button started looking to see if there were any rooms available. I felt bad stopping her, so I took what she found (Casitas, building 5, 1st floor in the middle of a "hallway"). And honestly? It was really nice to go ahead and get things settled before going to the park rather than having to call Bell Services and wait for them later.

I don't think I had anyone above me the first few nights, but then someone came in and I think they were there for a convention as it definitely sounded like heels walking across the floor every time they moved around. But that was just during the day.

Today I actually changed my pre-Wish cruise stay to GDT in a Tower Water View for next August (was going to be AKL)!!
So happy you had a good experience. :love:CSR is my absolute favorite resort....as you can see by my signature.

So happy you had a good experience. :love:CSR is my absolute favorite resort....as you can see by my signature.

I really did end up loving it! TBH I'd be fine staying in the non-Tower section, but I figure I'll splurge a little and stay in the area where I can get to El Mercado - and everywhere I need but the busses and Three Bridges (and the pool if I decide to venture there - I did once this trip, but it was so hot the water wasn't really refreshing) - without going out in the heat and humidity! HAHA!

Happy belated birthday! I agree about Three Bridges, those seasoned fries are fantastic. You will love the tower.

Are requests for specific sections (e.g., Casitas) usually fulfilled or is it luck of the draw depending on availability?

As I said, I did not ask if I had been assigned another room to know if I might have been initially blocked into something that met my request. But I would imagine if your only request was a general section that would be fairly easy unless there was a group/convention that had stipulated that particular section in their contract and took up all the rooms (or Disney was putting non-group guests elsewhere to spare them from being one of a few rooms NOT with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter