• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at CBR first time in September for eight days. I ride and bring my own electric mobility scooter and wonder if anyone with experience staying at the resort can tell me if all the buildings have elevator access to upper floors? Are the elevators difficult to use with a scooter or wheelchair? I don't ride the busses at all, but transport my own scooter to the parks so bus stops are no issue with me. Thanks for your help with this in advance..

We will be staying at CBR first time in September for eight days. I ride and bring my own electric mobility scooter and wonder if anyone with experience staying at the resort can tell me if all the buildings have elevator access to upper floors? Are the elevators difficult to use with a scooter or wheelchair? I don't ride the busses at all, but transport my own scooter to the parks so bus stops are no issue with me. Thanks for your help with this in advance..
There are elevators. I have seen wheelchairs go in them with no problem.

I assume you mean CSR not CBR?

At CSR all the rooms are accessible by elevator except the 4th floor of Casitas 2. Scooters fit in the elevator no problem. Make sure to note on your reservation that you have a scooter and I'm sure they will not put you on that floor.

I'm more concerned about getting a chair (and a drink) while my son swims and uses the slide! Thanks for the info!

I have a feeling we will try each of the pools on property just to see them. Thanks for the info!
You won't have a problem getting chairs. There's plenty.

We stayed at CBR in Dec. of 2014 and a lot of cheerleaders did as well....

Did they affect your trip negatively? Starting to wonder if I should take a chance and switch to mid-December trip.. o_O

We have a Preferred King with FD booked at CSR (11/28-12/6) at the moment.

Last edited:

Hi, I have a Water View room, hoping to have a view of the Lake. Do you know what building(s) are near the Food Court and close to buses? If not close to buses, then close to Food Court? Thanks!

9A is not too far from the food courts and close to the main pool -- have a great trip!

Does anyone remember from past years what sections the Pop Warner people got put in? It wouldn't be Preferred, would it? Because once my dates include that Friday, December 2, there's no longer availability (just room, not looking at FD package) for Preferred :'(

Does anyone remember from past years what sections the Pop Warner people got put in? It wouldn't be Preferred, would it? Because once my dates include that Friday, December 2, there's no longer availability (just room, not looking at FD package) for Preferred :'(

There's no guarantees how they will fill their rooms. However we caught the last couple days of Pop Warner on our 2013 & 2014 trips to CSR and it seemed like they had them out in the far end of Ranchos. We were in a Business Class room (Cabanas 9B) and there for sure weren't any in the Cabanas section. I don't know for sure but from my 50+ days of staying at CSR it seems like they usually put convention attendees in Casitas 1-3 and sports teams in Ranchos.

We've been there for Pop Warner and for a couple of sporting events. I've never been bothered by them.

We'll be at CSR for our 2nd stay Nov. 23-26th, after 4 nights at BCV. I know most think it's not ideal to go from deluxe to a mod, but since we've stayed at Coronado before and LOVED it we know we'll be happy. Looking forward to going back!

Did they affect your trip negatively? Starting to wonder if I should take a chance and switch to mid-December trip.. o_O

We have a Preferred King with FD booked at CSR (11/28-12/6) at the moment.

I might be able to answer your question next week as there are some sporting events going on at Disney while we are there. We also booked King preferred!

I might be able to answer your question next week as there are some sporting events going on at Disney while we are there. We also booked King preferred!

Thank you! :lovestruc That would be such a huge help! Looking forward to it and hope you have a great trip.

Did they affect your trip negatively? Starting to wonder if I should take a chance and switch to mid-December trip.

There was a cheerleader competition during one of our trips. There may have been a few cheerleaders at CSR, but most seemed to get off DME at All Stars. In the parks, there were some chants right before Illuminations, but nothing that was really any big deal. It probably depends on how concerned you are with what other people are doing, but for me, they didn't bother me at all.

We were so surprised to see cheerleaders during our Christmas trip (Dec. 29th to Jan. 3rd). We found them polite and friendly though. They looked to be early teens.

Hi! So so sorry if this has been asked before but we have a preferred king room but standards are available that will save us $500.00. We have a two year old. Is it worth it to keep the preferred or should we downgrade to the standard to save the 500.00?

Thank you!!

Hi! So so sorry if this has been asked before but we have a preferred king room but standards are available that will save us $500.00. We have a two year old. Is it worth it to keep the preferred or should we downgrade to the standard to save the 500.00?

Thank you!!

To the best of my knowledge, all "preferred" gets you is closer to El Centro. I'm assuming your kid will be in a stroller, so it would all depend on how much you care about walking. The standard rooms in the Cabanas and Casitas aren't very far, but the Ranchos can be a bit of a hike. We always book Water View (view is important to us), so we've never been in the Ranchos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter