Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, can you tell me about connecting rooms at CSR? We are 7 people going in July and booked 2 rooms, both with 2 queen beds each. But since our young adult kids will be in the second room, we would like there to be a door between them that opens. I have a subscription to touringplans.com and am going to use that to fax in my room request, but the touringplans.com website doesn't specify which rooms are connected. Also,we would prefer rooms nearest to the parking lot and food areas. Can you help recommend rooms to request?

If you want connecting rooms, I would make that the first request. Honestly, I would probably make that the only request to have a better chance of getting it.

I like that they brought back the real plates. From what I have been told only Coronado uses real plates at a quick service location. All the other hotels use paper plates.

Art of Animation has real plates and silverware. I actually wasn't a fan. It's a quick service I just want to dump my trash and go.

Can anyone who has been recently comment on the bathrooms being in lousy condition? mildew stains in the tubs, peeling caulking, etc? I've seen some reports elsewhere. This is one of our choices for a future trip but rooms are apparently in need of a re-do? Is that correct? The resort ammonites and grounds look beautiful-just curious as to the condition of the rooms!

Can anyone who has been recently comment on the bathrooms being in lousy condition? mildew stains in the tubs, peeling caulking, etc? I've seen some reports elsewhere. This is one of our choices for a future trip but rooms are apparently in need of a re-do? Is that correct? The resort ammonites and grounds look beautiful-just curious as to the condition of the rooms!

It has been a year, but last May I had no problems with my room at all. I wouldn't be surprised if some are rough, but hopefully Disney fixes them as they find them.

Hi there, can you tell me about connecting rooms at CSR? We are 7 people going in July and booked 2 rooms, both with 2 queen beds each. But since our young adult kids will be in the second room, we would like there to be a door between them that opens. I have a subscription to touringplans.com and am going to use that to fax in my room request, but the touringplans.com website doesn't specify which rooms are connected. Also,we would prefer rooms nearest to the parking lot and food areas. Can you help recommend rooms to request?

What did you book? standard, preferred or business class?

The bathrooms are certainly due to be redone. After my stay in 2013 I received a survey about bathroom makeovers. 3 Trips later they haven't been redone yet. The refurb keeps getting pushed back. I have seen reports of test rooms in Ranchos section. No pics surfaced yet though. The rooms in BC that I have been in weren't too beat up. My most recent stay last in April.

CSR grounds are beautiful to walk around and enjoy.

We are currently here in a standard room. I would say our room is fine but the bathroom does feel a little dated in comparison. Bathtub could definitely do with replacing. Nothing that would put me off staying though as it is clean.

We usually stay at a deluxe; but travelled with just 1 kid this spring and stayed in a standard room--Ranchos 7a. Bathrooms were good, room was good, loved the resort. Very pretty, nice room, good value.

Just checking in for a minute! I am at CSR till Friday. My king room in Business Class is in good shape, but agree - the bathroom really needs refurbishment.

The reason I wanted to post now is that this place is more festive and fun than I've ever seen (and I have stayed at CSR many times over the years!) The reason: the resort is full of families from Europe and Australia, here for the Invictus Games! Prince Harry, George W, and other celebrities and dignitaries are at GF, but what a great group staying here at CSR!

Just checking in for a minute! I am at CSR till Friday. My king room in Business Class is in good shape, but agree - the bathroom really needs refurbishment.

The reason I wanted to post now is that this place is more festive and fun than I've ever seen (and I have stayed at CSR many times over the years!) The reason: the resort is full of families from Europe and Australia, here for the Invictus Games! Prince Harry, George W, and other celebrities and dignitaries are at GF, but what a great group staying here at CSR!

Cool! We're arriving Thursday and although I know the games will be winding down, we're looking forward to experiencing that energy!

Just standard -- whatever is the cheapest. We don't plan on spending too much time in the room so just booked the cheapest.

I know some room numbers in BC that connect. I don't know about other sections, I've only stayed 9B Sorry I can't help .

That is great to hear, I am booked there in October, Business Class, so I will be excited to see what it looks like and whether it is good with the transportation hopefully being closer there.
We have stayed at all resorts except SSR. I found the CSR BC to have very convenient distance to bus. From the 9b building you just cross a short bridge and the bus stop is right there. Much closer than the deluxes!

Also, I was worried because it was the last stop but last time we didn't have any problems at all.

My favorite was the Sangrias. I had to ask for a fork to eat out the fruit from the bottom. SO good! They were great about taking drinks out of the lounge too. I liked to take one in plastic and stroll the beautiful grounds.

I have stayed in many of the deluxe cl's. This one is much cheaper so there is less offerings, however the quality is excellent.

Trying to surprise DD! So far she hasn't noticed the change on our reservation in the MDE. She is busy studying and taking finals of her Jr year. I think she really will enjoy this nice mom and me time :flower1:

We have stayed at all resorts except SSR. I found the CSR BC to have very convenient distance to bus. From the 9b building you just cross a short bridge and the bus stop is right there. Much closer than the deluxes!

Also, I was worried because it was the last stop but last time we didn't have any problems at all.

My favorite was the Sangrias. I had to ask for a fork to eat out the fruit from the bottom. SO good! They were great about taking drinks out of the lounge too. I liked to take one in plastic and stroll the beautiful grounds.

I have stayed in many of the deluxe cl's. This one is much cheaper so there is less offerings, however the quality is excellent.

Trying to surprise DD! So far she hasn't noticed the change on our reservation in the MDE. She is busy studying and taking finals of her Jr year. I think she really will enjoy this nice mom and me time :flower1:

No more fruit in the Sangria. it's still good, even without added fruit!

They will still make any of the drinks "to go"!

No more fruit in the Sangria. it's still good, even without added fruit!

They will still make any of the drinks "to go"!

We are here now. Delicious sangria with the freshest raspberries and blackberries I've ever seen!! DH and I had 2 glasses each!

3 DAYS until we check in for 8 nights! I am so ready! Anyone there right now? How are crowds?

Been here since 5/5. Crowds have been very low. No lines at food kiosks at Flower & Garden show at all. Basically have been walking on many rides. Yesterday walked on Star Tours at 8pm. No wait at all. SW Launch Bay was empty. Saw all the characters with no wait. SE and others at Epcot were walk ons today. Late afternoon at AK was really great also yesterday. Weather has been amazing. Mid 80's with a breeze. Did Rope Drop at MK and had the park to ourselves basically for a few hours. A great time of year to be here.

First time staying at CSR. Stayed at Poly and BC last August and would pick CSR BC over those two deluxes. Love everything about this resort. Just saw the SW fireworks (just the high ones) from our balcony in Cabanas 9b.

Been here since 5/5. Crowds have been very low. No lines at food kiosks at Flower & Garden show at all. Basically have been walking on many rides. Yesterday walked on Star Tours at 8pm. No wait at all. SW Launch Bay was empty. Saw all the characters with no wait. SE and others at Epcot were walk ons today. Late afternoon at AK was really great also yesterday. Weather has been amazing. Mid 80's with a breeze. Did Rope Drop at MK and had the park to ourselves basically for a few hours. A great time of year to be here.

First time staying at CSR. Stayed at Poly and BC last August and would pick CSR BC over those two deluxes. Love everything about this resort. Just saw the SW fireworks (just the high ones) from our balcony in Cabanas 9b.

Have a friend who will be staying there next month. She wanted to know what the food offerings were like especially in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter