Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a great stay at CSR!

Sadly, our room request was not met. We asked for Cabanas and got Ranchos (as usual). It might have been an "upgraded" garden room, as it was facing the woods. We asked to switch, but nothing was available. The CM at registration made a call and I heard him say "oh, that would be special" so I thought we might be getting pixie dusted, but no dice. He said we could switch in two days if we were unhappy (to an 8A or B parking lot view), but DH didn't want to.

We had very good bus service and often used the Ranchos bus stop to ride to the front of the resort. We bought food from Rix and Pepper Market several times, and actually enjoyed the much-maligned flat bread pizza.

I thought we would use the pool more often, but the kids were park warriors. They really enjoyed the waterslide, but the lifeguard was not correcting kids who were doing "stunts" on the slide...then my five year old followed their example and went head first and got a warning not to do it. Suddenly, DD didn't like the pool anymore and wanted to leave.

My only complaint is that our mousekeeper didn't replace our toiletries. After four day, I left a note asking for shampoo, please. From then on, we got new shampoo/conditioner and soap every day. The toiletries smelled delicious, but no Mickey-heads.

Can you get sundaes at any of the restaurants there? Didn't notice on some of the menus. My kids are big into ice cream and that will be the first thing they want to get after checking in and checking out the resort!

We had a great stay at CSR!

Sadly, our room request was not met. We asked for Cabanas and got Ranchos (as usual). It might have been an "upgraded" garden room, as it was facing the woods. We asked to switch, but nothing was available. The CM at registration made a call and I heard him say "oh, that would be special" so I thought we might be getting pixie dusted, but no dice. He said we could switch in two days if we were unhappy (to an 8A or B parking lot view), but DH didn't want to.

We had very good bus service and often used the Ranchos bus stop to ride to the front of the resort. We bought food from Rix and Pepper Market several times, and actually enjoyed the much-maligned flat bread pizza.

I thought we would use the pool more often, but the kids were park warriors. They really enjoyed the waterslide, but the lifeguard was not correcting kids who were doing "stunts" on the slide...then my five year old followed their example and went head first and got a warning not to do it. Suddenly, DD didn't like the pool anymore and wanted to leave.

My only complaint is that our mousekeeper didn't replace our toiletries. After four day, I left a note asking for shampoo, please. From then on, we got new shampoo/conditioner and soap every day. The toiletries smelled delicious, but no Mickey-heads.
I have found when I check in early like 11am they tell my they do not have a room in the building I requested. I think they decide where to put people based on who has checked out at that time and if they have cleaned the room. I always tell them I will wait for a room in that building even if takes several hours. Once the girl checking us in said there would still be nothing but then I asked to speak with a manager. The manager said we should have a room opening up in a couple of hours after it is cleaned and I said that would be great. I think they feel that everyone just wants to get into their hotel room so then they can head to the park. We are a laid back family and the first day we do not do too much. This year I need two rooms in the building I want so I am sure I will have to speak up again.

Can you get sundaes at any of the restaurants there? Didn't notice on some of the menus. My kids are big into ice cream and that will be the first thing they want to get after checking in and checking out the resort!
They had a soft serve machine when I was there and an area you can buy gelato but I haven't seen them selling ice cream sundaes at the resort. My kids have to start off with a pina colada as soon as we hit the resort.

@catlady7 - We checked in around 3:30pm. The location was more important to me that DH, so I didn't really push it beyond asking once. If we don't do the DDP next time, I might consider paying for BC for the breakfast lounge and location.

They have a soft serve machine next to the dessert station at Pepper Market. They have chocolate syrup, white chocolate syrup, and caramel that you can drizzle on top.

They also have scooped gelato at Cafe Rix.

They had a soft serve machine when I was there and an area you can buy gelato but I haven't seen them selling ice cream sundaes at the resort. My kids have to start off with a pina colada as soon as we hit the resort.

They have a soft serve machine next to the dessert station at Pepper Market. They have chocolate syrup, white chocolate syrup, and caramel that you can drizzle on top.

They also have scooped gelato at Cafe Rix.

Great thanks! And I think mom will be the one needing to start of with a pina colada when we get there!! Ha.

We just returned from a short stay. My only room request was an upper floor and we were given room 4431 in the Casitas 4 building facing the lake with the quiet pool just around the corner. We used the quiet pool once for an evening swim and the water was perfect and it wasn't crowded at all. We loved how we could see the fireworks from the Star Wars show at Hollywood Studios from the resort and we enjoyed strolling around the lake after dark.

We had a great experience with the buses and never had to wait more than five minutes. Pepper market was decent and we thought the flatbread pizza was very good, but we didn't like the tacos. Breakfast foods were very good and we especially liked the potatoes.

This was just a quick trip to rest after driving all over Florida for college tours for my son but I would definitely like to stay here again for a longer period of time!

Interesting. Are the "beach" areas around cabanas with the hammocks closed? Also, is there any barrier between the walking path and Lago Durado?

To be honest, most of our walks around the lake were at night, so I didn't notice if the beach areas around the hammocks were opened or closed. There is a barrier between the walking path and the lake in some places where the path is elevated, but not the majority of the lake. They did however, have the new signs regarding alligators and snakes.

Curious, does anybody have pics of the fences/rocks (if done yet) around the water's edge at CS?

I have seen pictures of the fencing around the beach in the cabanas setion. I don't lnow if they exist in any other section. We did see an alligator behind cabanas in the little pond and also past the dig site heading to casistas. Also,as of now, the hammocks are still down.

We just returned from a short stay. My only room request was an upper floor and we were given room 4431 in the Casitas 4 building facing the lake with the quiet pool just around the corner. We used the quiet pool once for an evening swim and the water was perfect and it wasn't crowded at all. We loved how we could see the fireworks from the Star Wars show at Hollywood Studios from the resort and we enjoyed strolling around the lake after dark.

We had a great experience with the buses and never had to wait more than five minutes. Pepper market was decent and we thought the flatbread pizza was very good, but we didn't like the tacos. Breakfast foods were very good and we especially liked the potatoes.

This was just a quick trip to rest after driving all over Florida for college tours for my son but I would definitely like to stay here again for a longer period of time!

Awesome!

We were in room 4430 right on the corner of the 4th floor for our 14 night stay in 2011. Great location!

I decided my 3 night trip for October was too short and booked an extra night. I originally booked POFQ for Sunday-Wednesday through CheapTickets, but they do not allow modifications without completely canceling and they've sold out of POFQ. They had a standard view for CS for $158 (before tax) and after using a 18% off discount code I got it for a total of $149.59 tax and all. I was on the fence about wether or not to book an All-Star instead, as I plan to spend that evening at MK EMH until midnight, but I wanted to have an enjoyable night and I simply like the moderates better. In fact, after this trip I will have stayed at every moderate! I'm requesting a room in the 4420-4426 range using the Touring Plans room request auto fax so I can be close to the main building. I might hop over to the pool after check in, so I don't mind the walk just once. Rix Lounge sounds interesting (I'm a big nightlife guy), but since I'm staying on a Wednesday night in October I doubt it will be very exciting so I'll probably just stick around in the MK until they give me the boot.

Just curious-we are having our first stay here in November for dh 50th birthday.:cake:

Is there a rough guide price to estimate how much extra it would cost to upgrade to bc?
I suppose ; it obviously depends on availability also..
Pros/cons if upgrade were to be available

Thanks guys.

Just curious-we are having our first stay here in November for dh 50th birthday.:cake:

Is there a rough guide price to estimate how much extra it would cost to upgrade to bc?
I suppose ; it obviously depends on availability also..
Pros/cons if upgrade were to be available

Thanks guys.

It's roughlt 80 more than standard. Here are some exmples from random dates that I could find with options.
Jan
standard 177
Preferred 243
BC 258

May
Standard 208
Preferred 275
Bc 290

I have all pros. No cons.

What I did find out the other day from my TA was disney is putting stipulations on BC and minimum night stays of 6 nights. I wanted 5 nights BC. nothing showed up. I was playing with the dates to see what night(s) was causing the problem. I added a night and poof, there it was. I called my TA to see what she could see and get. It was a 6 night minimum. She was able to eventually get me the 5 mights since we split our vacation with 2 destinations.

What I did find out the other day from my TA was disney is putting stipulations on BC and minimum night stays of 6 nights. I wanted 5 nights BC. nothing showed up. I was playing with the dates to see what night(s) was causing the problem. I added a night and poof, there it was. I called my TA to see what she could see and get. It was a 6 night minimum. She was able to eventually get me the 5 mights since we split our vacation with 2 destinations.

When are you going? I was able to book 3 nights BC in October, and that was with a discount. I'll admit, I'm surprised they still give discounts on BC level because it's so popular, but I'm sure glad they did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter