Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are checked out of CS and here at the Wilderness Lodge.

We really miss out renovated room. It was a whole cut above the standard room here. The feel of CS was nice as well, different sort of folk who stayed there. WL is very impressive looking but with the split stay we have for this trip CS wins in almost every category.

We plan on doing what you did, a split stay at CSR & WL in January. Can I ask a few questions?
How long were you at each resort? Would you stay longer or less a particular resort?
Did Disney transfer you belongings?
I see you used instacart to order groceries and liquor. How'd that go? I'm not familiar with instacart, will they deliver hard alcohol? We're looking at rum and whiskey? Were the grocery items satisfactory?

Glad you had a good trip!
Thanks!

Thanks I hope not! Was looking forward to trying it. Seems like they are keeping busy enough with the room refurb. Will chime in if I hear anything else about it.

Saw the same rumor too! Really bad for us because we're going in late January... It's strange because Disney always stated that the refurb in progress will not affect food amenities, that's why I choose CSR instead of CBR.

Ok , where is the rumor about the Pepper Market closing in January coming from ???? Source ???
We will be changing resorts for our January stay if this is true .

If it's true , the mods are not looking good for January !

CBR - still undergoing major construction refurb with some amenities still closed and Old Port Royale food court still closed .
POFQ - Starting the room refurb project in January .
POR - well ......Dogs ( not good if you don't want to share a resort with them )
CSR - Room refurbs still going on , plus the tower construction . Pepper Market being closed will be , uuughhhhh ! ( if the rumor comes true ! )

Last edited:

I read it at Coronado Springs Buzz FB group, from its Admin who is staying on site right now.

Thanks , I just saw it posted on Buzz's Twitter as well .
Reported by Buzz, who is at Coronado now .........
" News: the Pepper Market will close in January 2018 for refurbishment. The restaurant will be completely reinvented. "

As much as I would like to believe this is just a rumor ...........I think Buzz is credible with CSR info . He is on site and probably got some inside info from someone at CSR. :sad:

Will give it some time for this rumor to materialize, or fade away , but will be changing resorts for our Jan trip if its true !

Hoping for some good news ! Did not really think CSR needed a complete makeover .........but then again , didn't think Old Port Royal at CBR did either !!!

Last edited:
Saw the same rumor too! Really bad for us because we're going in late January... It's strange because Disney always stated that the refurb in progress will not affect food amenities, that's why I choose CSR instead of CBR.

They're still saying that - the construction notice on the resort website indicates resort amenities will be unaffected, though I know that doesn't really mean much given their usual (lack of) dedication to keeping their website accurate. But I do think Buzz is a credible source.

Ugh, I wonder if I should be looking to change resorts again... There's a mug refill station at Cafe Rix, right? But no real/hot food? I'm trying to remember but I'm not sure we even stopped in there at all the last time I was at CSR.

@Colleen27 - Physically, yes, they are all right on the side of the TV and easy to access. I can go through them on the menu as well and select them, but as I have nothing to test it with I can't confirm if they are actually usable or locked out by the system. I can't switch to one as it doesn't detect anything plugged in.

Thanks! I'll post an update in March to let everyone know whether they're usable. We'll be traveling with our portable DVD player anyway since we're driving, so I'll be sure to pack the cables for that and the laptop just to give it a shot.

Thanks! I'll post an update in March to let everyone know whether they're usable. We'll be traveling with our portable DVD player anyway since we're driving, so I'll be sure to pack the cables for that and the laptop just to give it a shot.

They are all usable. :thumbsup2

I'm squeezing in one more Disney weekend before Food and Wine is over, Nov 10-12. I'm staying at Coronado Springs for the first time, and was hoping someone could provide some current information so I can make a decision on which building(s) I should request. I read through the posts at the beginning of the thread, which were last updated in August. At that time, Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A had been renovated. Casitas 1 and 3 were under construction. Cabanas 9B had been demolished. I was hoping someone could provide the current status of construction. What buildings are open? What buildings are closed? What buildings have completed renovations and which are still waiting to be renovated? What non-room buildings or areas are under construction? Are any paths/walkways/bridges affected by the construction? I would like to be somewhat near El Centro and the Dig Site, so if a bridge like, say, the one between El Centro and the old Cabanas 9B is closed, that would obviously affect my choices. Is noise an issue anywhere? My Disney MO is be at a park before it opens and be at the park open latest until it closes, so an afternoon nap is required (especially the Saturday I'm there, since MK is open until 2am!).

On a related note, I saw that Casitas 1, 2, and 3 have preferred rooms. Are all the rooms in those buildings preferred or are all preferred rooms in the resort in those buildings (i.e. are there non-preferred rooms in those buildings)?

Thanks for the info!

All that information is here, you just need to read through maybe the last 5 or so pages. Start at the end & read back til you get everything you need.

I have heard Casitas 1 is done....not sure if that was "reported" or confirmed on disboards yet.

There are refurbed rooms open in Casitas 1 and 3, including suites. As far as I know, the only refurb to Pepper Market in January is flooring, in sections, mostly done at night. There are no plans to close Pepper Market.

All that information is here, you just need to read through maybe the last 5 or so pages. Start at the end & read back til you get everything you need.
I read 10+ pages back, but I still have some questions:
  • Is every room in Casitas 1, 2, and 3 a preferred room, or are there standard rooms in those buildings as well?
  • It sounds like there is construction currently on Casitas 4. Can anyone confirm that?
  • What other buildings are currently under construction?
  • I didn't read much about non-room building construction. The main point of concern I read about was a temporary bridge running between Dig Site and Marina. This supposedly replaces the old bridge between 9B and Dig Site. What about the bridge between 9B and El Centro? Someone said that to walk from 9A to El Centro, you had to use this new bridge at the Dig Site. That suggests you cannot walk past the old 9B at all, and that the bridge between 9B and El Centro is not accessible, although no one explicitly stated that.
  • How is noise from rooms near construction during the day?
  • Some people had issues getting theme park buses from Cabanas. I'll be taking a bus to MK Saturday evening, so I'm hoping that wouldn't be an issue from Cabanas. Sunday morning, I'm going to HS first thing (Magic Hours), and I may take the bus. Should I expect buses to be full by the Cabanas stop in that situation?

Last edited:
I read 10+ pages back, but I still have some questions:
  • Is every room in Casitas 1, 2, and 3 a preferred room, or are there standard rooms in those buildings as well?
  • It sounds like there is construction currently on Casitas 4. Can anyone confirm that?
  • What other buildings are currently under construction?
  • I didn't read much about non-room building construction. The main point of concern I read about was a temporary bridge running between Dig Site and Marina. This supposedly replaces the old bridge between 9B and Dig Site. What about the bridge between 9B and El Centro? Someone said that to walk from 9A to El Centro, you had to use this new bridge at the Dig Site. That suggests you cannot walk past the old 9B at all, and that the bridge between 9B and El Centro is not accessible, although no one explicitly stated that.
  • How is noise from rooms near construction during the day?
  • Some people had issues getting theme park buses from Cabanas. I'll be taking a bus to MK Saturday evening, so I'm hoping that wouldn't be an issue from Cabanas. Sunday morning, I'm going to HS first thing (Magic Hours), and I may take the bus. Should I expect buses to be full by the Cabanas stop in that situation?

Just stayed at Casitas 4, rm 4433, from 10/18-10/23. It has not been refurbished yet but was fine, deff needs an update. We heard noise 2 days from them drilling into the pool right next to Casitas 4, not too bad as they did not start till 9 am like promised and it was over before we got back at 6pm. The other day we were just lounging in the room and just had to turn the tv up a few notches to drown it out, again not terrible- my husband even napped through it. We had a waterfront room, not preferred- I had asked for Casitas 4 as I was there at a conference and its my new favorite! We were right across from bus stop 2, 1st when coming back from the parks/1st to get picked up most of the time and shortest walk to my conferences. Took literally 9 minutes round trip for me to walk from the 4th floor to the pepper market and fill our mugs and come back to the room, I timed it one day! I do believe i saw a temporary bridge but cant confirm or deny that as we did not go to the pool. Hope this helps!

Re bridges: 9B is gone and the walkway past it is blocked. To get to El Centro you must use the new bridge. We were staying in Ranchos 7B so I don’t know how inconvenient that was for folks in 8A.

Re bridges: 9B is gone and the walkway past it is blocked. To get to El Centro you must use the new bridge. We were staying in Ranchos 7B so I don’t know how inconvenient that was for folks in 8A.
I stayed in 8A and the new bridge makes for a shorter walk to El Centro. It's probably the same distance for 8B. 9A is the only one "inconvenienced" since people in that building have to walk around to the bridge instead of crossing in front of formerly-9B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter