Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kimmar067

Great pics!!!

It's such a coincidence, last night I was fill out my touring plans room request ( I have LOTS of time) and I used 968 (we booked water view) as my example room number! Did you like it? The view looks amazing!

All I have to say is that my youngest daughter and I were there last month for a 3 night stay and we loved it. This Monday my oldest daughter and I will be returning for a 5 night stay. Both stays at in the tower.
With one tower stay already under my belt I had nothing but great things to say.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We had the same issues with the Dig Site pool crowding in June during our trip. We were in Casitas 3 and then tried to use the quiet pool but it was overrun by a mob of chanting teens attending the HOSA convention and security came. I can only imagine that the tower is going to increase crowds at the pools. It was a very noisey trip and we were switched to a different room because of teens partying next to us. Hopefully the Tower will make it quieter in the rest of the resort by concentrating the groups in the there.
OH NO! Not the dreaded "chanting/yelling" teens! I think I'm going to have to cancel my reservation at Coronado. I've experienced that at the Values and it is beyond awful...We noticed the more they thought they were disturbing those around them; the louder and they got. Not my idea of a pleasant vacation.

OH NO! Not the dreaded "chanting/yelling" teens! I think I'm going to have to cancel my reservation at Coronado. I've experienced that at the Values and it is beyond awful...We noticed the more they thought they were disturbing those around them; the louder and they got. Not my idea of a pleasant vacation.
Exactly! I was there with my entire family (12) including two young grandkids and it was annoying and a bit disturbing for the little ones. My husband and I are coming back alone in Dec and decided, partly because of this experience with so many teens, to stay in a value this time. We might get chanting teens but we will be staying at POP, in a newly refurbished room, with access to the Skyliner, for less money and therefore are more inclined to overlook them. We expect more of that stuff there!

My sister and I have just booked a last minute trip in October staying in a preferred 1 King room. I gather this will be in the Casitas building(s)? As we live in Canada we will need to check in at the front desk to pick up our magicbands, etc. I understand check in is in the new Gran Destino tower, is that correct? We have stayed at All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge but Coronado will be brand new for us!

My sister and I have just booked a last minute trip in October staying in a preferred 1 King room. I gather this will be in the Casitas building(s)? As we live in Canada we will need to check in at the front desk to pick up our magicbands, etc. I understand check in is in the new Gran Destino tower, is that correct? We have stayed at All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge but Coronado will be brand new for us!

Yes, check in is in Gran Destino now.

I know Maya Grill takes Tables in Wonderland. What about Toledo? And do the lounges (Dahlia, Rix Sports Bar) take it?

TIA!

Hi there, we're travelers from abroad as well. Just to let you know that you no longer need to “check-in” at the front desk. Just go the Gran Destino tower at a time that is convenient for you during your trip to get your bands, maybe just before going to a theme park as there is a bus stop located just there (and it is the last stop).

Anybody stay in a Deluxe Suite yet?

I have stayed in the Castia's section for work a few times, but have never stayed in the new tower.

DH and I like a bit of room, so we have been staying at a 1bd villa. I know there is no washer/dryer or full kitchen at these suites and that is ok. Is the laundry close by? When we go in June, it's so bloody hot that we do laundry every few days.

What is the Club like? We have stayed CL level at the Poly, BWI and YC. Are the Deluxe hotel club's comparable?

Hi there, we're travelers from abroad as well. Just to let you know that you no longer need to “check-in” at the front desk. Just go the Gran Destino tower at a time that is convenient for you during your trip to get your bands, maybe just before going to a theme park as there is a bus stop located just there (and it is the last stop).

Don't they need their magic bands to get in the room?

Anybody stay in a Deluxe Suite yet?

I have stayed in the Castia's section for work a few times, but have never stayed in the new tower.

DH and I like a bit of room, so we have been staying at a 1bd villa. I know there is no washer/dryer or full kitchen at these suites and that is ok. Is the laundry close by? When we go in June, it's so bloody hot that we do laundry every few days.

What is the Club like? We have stayed CL level at the Poly, BWI and YC. Are the Deluxe hotel club's comparable?

The Deluxe suites are between floor 3-15, the water view are L-shaped and the theme parks view (“standard view”) are triangle-shaped. If you're only 2 and like spending some time in the room, the triangle-shaped might work better because the television is right in front of the bed (on the L-shaped suites, the TV is way off to the right). On the other hand, the L-shaped have an amazing outside view from the bathroom: if taking a shower right in the middle of WDW treeline is on your checklist, this is for you.

No washer/dryers BUT the Deluxe suites are close to the elevators and the guest laundry is on the 3rd floor. There is a “somehow secret door” between elevator A and F so whenever where your room is, it's less than a one-minute walk away.

The Chronos Club lounge for CL guests (that includes all the Suites) is surprisingly good, probably one of the best of WDW. Napkins are real made of real cloth, the coffee machine is almost perfect, appetizers are small-bites version of what they serve at Three Bridges Bar And Grill, there's a wide range of soda, bottled water and alcoholic beverages, with wine and beer self-served after 12pm. Oh, did I mention the wide array of Ghirardelli chocolates during the day, and scrambled eggs and bacon every morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter