Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!!!!! We just decided to book our first stay at Coronado! Whoohoooo!!!

At first I was thinking preferred room at casitas or cabanas and then water view in the tower......
I need help! any advice appreciated!

Hello. First time staying at the Coronado! Booked Presidential Suite Easter week. Any tips? Usually we stay at Contemporary so this will be different. Not familiar with resort at all
/

Hello. First time staying at the Coronado! Booked Presidential Suite Easter week. Any tips? Usually we stay at Contemporary so this will be different. Not familiar with resort at all
/

Ohhhh, nice. It’s awesome.

There are two presidential suites, one faces the lake and one faces the other side. Both are on the 15th floor. They are the two bigger rooms below. (Sorry if you already know all of that)

643C3C67-15C8-46FC-8489-AB1194842E46.png

The lake view is great, the parking lot side has a view of DHS and a lot of trees. A bit of a tossup which one, if any, you’d like to request - or just leave it to chance.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Happy to answer any questions.

Ohhhh, nice. It’s awesome.

There are two presidential suites, one faces the lake and one faces the other side. Both are on the 15th floor. They are the two bigger rooms below. (Sorry if you already know all of that)

View attachment 557919

The lake view is great, the parking lot side has a view of DHS and a lot of trees. A bit of a tossup which one, if any, you’d like to request - or just leave it to chance.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Happy to answer any questions.
Thank you. No I know nothing. Made the reservation on a whim. Never stayed at Coronado. I travel a great deal for work so the "Convention Hotel" thing is a net plus for me.

Would you guys ever pick Rix or Three Bridges for dinner over a TS / QS at Hollywood studios? I have never been super excited over the food options at HS. Most have mixed reviews in general, but the only places we have ever eaten is ABC (which I don't like) and Melrose (which is OK). So that day we didn't make any ADR's. Our thoughts were to grab some food from RIX or Three bridges instead. But we have never eaten at either of them. And just like many of the HS offerings they both have mixed reviews.

So what would you guys do? Hit up something in HS or settle for CSR? We are eating at a lot of good places at the other parks already so this would be a one time deal.
I don’t like leaving the parks to eat because I feel like our time is already so limited to do all of the things we want to do in one day. I’m not a fan of DHS food either. We went last weekend and I decided to try Docking Bay 7. It was pretty good and the atmosphere is really cool. Very Star Wars immersive. It’s QS so keep that in mind and don’t expect Tiffins, lol. I definitely wouldn’t waste the time leaving the park to go to Rix. Three Bridges is okay if you want to eat at CSR.

Hi Everyone!!!!! We just decided to book our first stay at Coronado! Whoohoooo!!!

At first I was thinking preferred room at casitas or cabanas and then water view in the tower......
We've stayed Casitas, Ranchos and Tower - love 'em all. I hope to try Cabanas at some point. If you can, I'd go tower :).

Standard Views look great in pics we've seen, if you get the right spot. The time we stayed Standard view was nice but I would have preferred one of the other areas over where we were placed. It was above the huge industrial fans and the noise was getting to me. We were on the 7th floor, I think 773. It's probably only a handful of rooms affected. Also, I think the fans were blowing up the yuck from the water because it was all splotchy. On the plus side, we had a decent view of Epcot! That was cool at night.

Our 2nd stay at the tower (water view) the windows were much cleaner. Water view is amazing! It was so fun to work and gaze over at Everest (and see the coasters if you catch it right - so cool).

I’m not sure what a preferred room means but we just stayed last week. We were in a tower water view room for 4 nights. Loved that room. Noticeably bigger than the other moderate rooms (casitas and cabanas). The Tower is gorgeous and definitely doesn’t feel like a moderate. It’s close to El Mercado which we liked too, because we’d grab quick food to go from there in the morning and then head to the bus stop to eat while we waited on the first bus headed to the parks.
AND THEN we got stranded at WDW for three more nights because we live in Texas and couldn’t get home because of the insane weather. They had to move us to a Cabana room because the Tower was booked. Our new room was booked as a standard room, but I don’t think it was standard. I actually really liked the location. We overlooked the lawn, beach area, and lake. I expected to be looking at the parking lot. It was really close to the dig site and as close as you could get to bus stop 4. It was a corner room and very quiet. If we were to ever stay in the cabanas again I’d actually ask for that exact room. Bldg 8A, room 8220. I’m guessing you couldn’t go wrong with any room in 8A that faces the lawn and lake. Only drawback for us was the long walk to El Mercado, but a lot of people don’t mind that because they don’t go there anyway.
If I had to choose between the Tower or Cabanas though, I’d take the tower water view hands down. It’s bigger and a notch above other moderates. It just feels nicer.

I had a 7 nights stay at CRS in 2019 and only could get 3 nights at the Tower due to a conference taking place while I was there. The other 4 nights I stayed in the Ranchos section...Which gave me plenty of opportunity to walk around the lake ;)

The whole hotel is beautiful and all of the sections are absolutely charming. All rooms have been remodeled so the difference between the Tower and the rest of the hotel isn’t that big. I must say moving from the Tower to the ‚normal‘ hotel section still felt a bit like a down grade to me ;) The tower definitely felt more luxurious and the ease of quickly heading down to the lobby to grab something from Barcelona bar was unbeatable. I found the tower location very convenient. I never had an issue with the buses. I‘d say the Tower feels almost like deluxe but the price is much more affordable ;) That’s why I prefer the Tower over the other hotel sections.

Thank you so much! I booked a water view in the Tower! I just hope its not too far from the Dig pool! Either way can't wait!

Thank you so much! I booked a water view in the Tower! I just hope its not too far from the Dig pool! Either way can't wait!

My dumb way of describing the walk from the Tower to the Pool is that it’s short enough that you don’t really think much of it but long enough that you’ll be a little annoyed if you forget your sunglasses or sunscreen in the room. It’s pretty much a non-issue though, IMO.

I’m not sure what a preferred room means but we just stayed last week. We were in a tower water view room for 4 nights. Loved that room. Noticeably bigger than the other moderate rooms (casitas and cabanas). The Tower is gorgeous and definitely doesn’t feel like a moderate. It’s close to El Mercado which we liked too, because we’d grab quick food to go from there in the morning and then head to the bus stop to eat while we waited on the first bus headed to the parks.
AND THEN we got stranded at WDW for three more nights because we live in Texas and couldn’t get home because of the insane weather. They had to move us to a Cabana room because the Tower was booked. Our new room was booked as a standard room, but I don’t think it was standard. I actually really liked the location. We overlooked the lawn, beach area, and lake. I expected to be looking at the parking lot. It was really close to the dig site and as close as you could get to bus stop 4. It was a corner room and very quiet. If we were to ever stay in the cabanas again I’d actually ask for that exact room. Bldg 8A, room 8220. I’m guessing you couldn’t go wrong with any room in 8A that faces the lawn and lake. Only drawback for us was the long walk to El Mercado, but a lot of people don’t mind that because they don’t go there anyway.
If I had to choose between the Tower or Cabanas though, I’d take the tower water view hands down. It’s bigger and a notch above other moderates. It just feels nicer.

Thanks for your report, it is very helpful. And glad you enjoyed your (extended) stay at CSR. Hope everything is OK back at home.

Thank you. No I know nothing. Made the reservation on a whim. Never stayed at Coronado. I travel a great deal for work so the "Convention Hotel" thing is a net plus for me.

Well you’ll be spoiled with that room type! I wish CL was operating because the Chronos Club is (was) really awesome, IMO, and both suites are just steps away from the lounge.

If you don’t know, that suite type has 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. 1 King in the master BR, 2 Q in the other BR. The living room area is HUGE. Like really massive.

The only real odd part about the room is that there isn’t a full size fridge, only a rather small under counter mini-fridge. Depending on the size of your crew and if you plan on needing the fridge for anything, may want to keep that in mind. Will be a non-issue of course if you don’t need anything refrigerated.

Enjoy your trip!

Ok this is a strange question but... can someone tell me how the water tastes out of the faucet in the standard rooms? We have seen some locations taste fine and some have that sulphur smell/ taste ( youknow- that Florida water taste:rotfl:) I am bringing k- cups because we drink a lot of coffee. We are stopping and getting cases of water and need to know if I need gallons also to make coffee with.

Ok this is a strange question but... can someone tell me how the water tastes out of the faucet in the standard rooms? We have seen some locations taste fine and some have that sulphur smell/ taste ( youknow- that Florida water taste:rotfl:) I am bringing k- cups because we drink a lot of coffee. We are stopping and getting cases of water and need to know if I need gallons also to make coffee with.

My opinion:

Bring that extra bottled water for the coffee maker - that’s what we do. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter