• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dining options there are tragic for sure. I usually love CSR, but after our stay over Thanksgiving, I'm not as excited to stay there again next trip because of the lack of food options we encountered.
So there was literally no one at Rix Cafe but ordering to go was estimated at 50 mins. I asked the hostess because I thought it had to be a mistake. Nope. So we went to Siestas. Yikes, we’re really striking out here!

So there was literally no one at Rix Cafe but ordering to go was estimated at 50 mins. I asked the hostess because I thought it had to be a mistake. Nope. So we went to Siestas. Yikes, we’re really striking out here!

Strange favor to request - if you have time, could you check if the showers are open in the Dig Site pool restroom? When I was last there late November they had taken the shower curtains off and the showers weren’t really supposed to be available, but the changing area was still available. Curious as to current status.

THANKS!

Uggh! We don't even go to Rix anymore. My husband deemed it the worst meal we've ever had at Disney and he's not wrong. We found ourselves going down to the McDonald's down the street quite a few times when we were at CSR because there simply weren't other reasonable options.

Strange favor to request - if you have time, could you check if the showers are open in the Dig Site pool restroom? When I was last there late November they had taken the shower curtains off and the showers weren’t really supposed to be available, but the changing area was still available. Curious as to current status.

THANKS!
Crap we just got back to the room. I’ll try before we check out tomorrow!

Does the Coronado have a section of soda / beer etc in the gift shop area? I am doing grocery delivery but have had bad luck in the past of certain beers being out of stock. I think I remember seeing it at RS years ago, albeit it was like 19.00 for a six pack. But that still is way cheaper than the resort itself.
Yes. They have soda, beer and wine. Various snacks. Bread, peanut butter and jelly. That kind of stuff.

Hey people! 👋. What’s the plan to get to MK for rope drop? Bus? Drive? Parachute? Be specific, please. I have anxiety so I have to have a complete picture of my tasks when I travel alone. Thank you!

Does the Coronado have a section of soda / beer etc in the gift shop area? I am doing grocery delivery but have had bad luck in the past of certain beers being out of stock. I think I remember seeing it at RS years ago, albeit it was like 19.00 for a six pack. But that still is way cheaper than the resort itself.

The did a year ago. It was pricey though..

Did you send the room request via touringplans or just pick a room on their site and request it some other way? I'm not a subscriber, so when I looked at it I could search through the rooms but not do anything else. Didn't know if it's just for looking or if they have a method for sending the request.
I sent the request through them. They apparently know exactly when and how to do it and what to say. It worked out great for us. They don’t guarantee it’ll work. But from what I’ve read in the past people got what they wanted or something very close.

Hey people! 👋. What’s the plan to get to MK for rope drop? Bus? Drive? Parachute? Be specific, please. I have anxiety so I have to have a complete picture of my tasks when I travel alone. Thank you!
We were there over Presidents’ Day weekend. We took the bus to every park. Got to the stop in plenty of time to be the first in line at the Tower stop, which is the last stop at CSR. We made it on the first bus to the parks everyday. We were always at the gates before the car travelers. There really is no official rope drop. There’s the posted park opening time. And then there’s the random time they actually open. You can’t really predict it. It’s always earlier than the official time. Our experience was between 30-60 minutes depending on the park.

Hi DIS friends,

My family of four are planning to make a return to WDW this June (we were there in 2020 from March 7 to 14 last year, right before they closed down), and looking for some advice on where to stay, since half of the resorts are still closed. We currently have a week scheduled in the middle of June in a standard room in the Gran Destino Tower w/ the Passholder discount. The rooms, resort and especially the tower look spectacular!!! The last time we stayed there was about 5 years ago before the renovation, in one of the "business, club level -light" rooms, so it's been a while. We are driving from Texas, and plan to drive to Disney Springs, Animal Kington and Disney Hollywood studios, and probably take a mini-van or bus to Magic Kingdom and Epcot (because I want to drink around the world and not be responsible for driving back to the resort).

We are seasoned pros, and usually like to stay at BC or YC, because we just absolutely love strolling in and out of Epcot, especially during the winter months (and more recently, walking to DHS for all the expanded content). During the current environment, with limited hours, limited restaurants, and limited attractions, I'm wondering what your advice might be on keeping our room in the Gran Destino Tower, vs paying about 25% more to stay in the Swan or Dolphin, and be within walking range of Epcot and the Boardwalk? Is it true what they say about the Tower rooms, are they really nice?

Also, for any prognosticators in the group, when do you think Toledo will open up? Based on the current Covid trends and the current vaccination rates, I'm really starting to get my hopes up that things are significantly different in June, than they are now!!!
I’ve never stayed at the swan or dolphin so I have no perspective on that. But the rooms in the Tower are very nice. The whole Tower is very nice. Definitely does NOT feel like a moderate hotel. Much more upscale. The rooms are bigger than the typical moderate room. Some people have mentioned their room in the Tower wasn’t very sound proof and they heard their neighbors. We didn’t experience that at all. We didn’t have an adjoining room though so that could have been their problem. Food choices at CSR are limited though. But the days we spent at the resort were at the pool and Siestas was good. We had one breakfast at Rix and it definitely wasn’t worth it. We actually cancelled our breakfast for Rix on our check out day.

Hello! I’m apparently a Disney junkie right now. I’m taking Celery (5) to WDW on Spring break. Usually, we have a nice breakfast the morning we head home. It takes my mind off the stress of flying 😂. Is it worth booking an ADR for breakfast at Rix or would I do better to just go get coffee and a pastry somewhere?
We actually cancelled our ADR at Rix for our check out day. I wanted to have a good breakfast before we flew. But we had breakfast there on an earlier day and it was so disappointing, especially for the price, I didn’t want to waste our time eating there again.

I’ve never stayed at the swan or dolphin so I have no perspective on that. But the rooms in the Tower are very nice. The whole Tower is very nice. Definitely does NOT feel like a moderate hotel. Much more upscale. The rooms are bigger than the typical moderate room. Some people have mentioned their room in the Tower wasn’t very sound proof and they heard their neighbors. We didn’t experience that at all. We didn’t have an adjoining room though so that could have been their problem. Food choices at CSR are limited though. But the days we spent at the resort were at the pool and Siestas was good. We had one breakfast at Rix and it definitely wasn’t worth it. We actually cancelled our breakfast for Rix on our check out day.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!! (and i'm very happy to hear the good news that the Tower seems like a nice place to stay!!)

Dumb question but I can’t keep track of the latest changes.

Mercado has hours all day but only a breakfast and dinner menu. Is it open for lunch these days?

TY!

We actually cancelled our ADR at Rix for our check out day. I wanted to have a good breakfast before we flew. But we had breakfast there on an earlier day and it was so disappointing, especially for the price, I didn’t want to waste our time eating there again.
Thank you so much for sharing. I think I’ll work out something else. We have a car so I could drive to see Mickey at the Contemporary. TBH you guys are making me wish they had a room at the Contemporary. 🤣

We settled on RIX / Threebridges for one of our dinner nights to make things easy. I keep seeing more and more people on here saying it's horrible. We arrive Saturday... sigh.

We settled on RIX / Threebridges for one of our dinner nights to make things easy. I keep seeing more and more people on here saying it's horrible. We arrive Saturday... sigh.

I donno, I said something bad about Rix one time either here or on another thread and I got jumped on by a gaggle of people that loved it.

I don’t tend to overthink food reviews too much - if I went by what people said on the DIS I’d never eat anywhere! If the menu speaks to you, kind of hard to go wrong, IMO.

Thank you so much for sharing. I think I’ll work out something else. We have a car so I could drive to see Mickey at the Contemporary. TBH you guys are making me wish they had a room at the Contemporary. 🤣
To be clear, we only ate breakfast Rix, not any other meals. We weren’t impressed, but it wasn’t terrible. Just “meh” and not worth what we paid IMO. Even with the limited food choices we loved our stay at CSR. We don’t depend on all of our meals at the resort anyway.

I wouldn’t say Rix was horrible. It’s “okay”. I just wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there again. Three Bridges was pretty good though. And a nice atmosphere.

To be clear, we only ate breakfast Rix, not any other meals. We weren’t impressed, but it wasn’t terrible. Just “meh” and not worth what we paid IMO. Even with the limited food choices we loved our stay at CSR. We don’t depend on all of our meals at the resort anyway.
I agree. We've eaten there twice, both times for lunch (one in the restaurant, one takeout). CMs were great, but the food was just average in our opinion.
We liked Three Bridges way better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter