Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! Amazon couldn't delivery my grocery order at 2am (I had it scheduled for 6-8pm last night) so they canceled it. Everywhere is booked, and I desperately need at least water. Where can I quickly & easily go buy it today (we don't have a car so I would need to Uber) or have it delivered? I did plan ahead, but Amazon screwed up.

HELP! Amazon couldn't delivery my grocery order at 2am (I had it scheduled for 6-8pm last night) so they canceled it. Everywhere is booked, and I desperately need at least water. Where can I quickly & easily go buy it today (we don't have a car so I would need to Uber) or have it delivered? I did plan ahead, but Amazon screwed up.
You can take an Uber to the Speedway gas station by Boardwalk. .The address is 300 E Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 .They have all sorts of drinks, beer, snacks and food. Very cheap prices.

We are looking at Coronado for next February 2022. What is the farthest walk from a standard room to dining? We like the idea of swimming at quiet pools. Also, how far is the walk from Coronado to the Towers for other dining options, and can you use the pool at the Towers, too? Thanks!
There is no pool at the Towers. Coronado is the entire resort, the Towers is one area of it, so I’m not sure what you mean by how far is the walk from Coronado to the Towers, as the Towers is in the CSR. Do you mean Cabanas? Casitas? Neither is that far a walk and it’s such a lovely resort, we love the slower pace, and the walk around the lake. All the dining options are up near the Tower or in the Tower itself.

FYI. Bring your own sunscreen. All shops are totally out of sunscreen and sun burn products. We brought our own sunscreen but needed some aloe..
Also, seems like they are training a lot of new drivers. Probably to replace the buses and drivers they chartered to keep up with the demand. So far we have been pretty lucky with the bus situation.

We are here now. For the past 2 nights Disney has used rental buses to help transport guests to parks and Disney Springs . They are bigger than what is used for Magic Express.

Glad to see they are working on a temporary fix!

I was booked in a standard room for my upcoming trip in June. but this week I decided to splurge and treat myself and upgrade to a tower room due to a really stressful school year. I figured this is something I can finally do and have something to look forward to. I can't wait.

We are here now. For the past 2 nights Disney has used rental buses to help transport guests to parks and Disney Springs . They are bigger than what is used for Magic Express.

I didn't know there were busses bigger than Magical Express.

Do you mean bigger than the Disney Transportation to the parks?

The buses are the size of a bus you would take cross country. They do not fill them up, but they take a lot more than the normal Disney bus. A driver told us Disney is renting these buses to help with the large amount of people here this week. Disney was working on a new bus system and it was supposed to be up and running for Spring Break. The driver said they did not get it working in time. Tonight at Disney springs, we had a normal Disney bus that could not take everyone. Within 5 minutes a large one arrived and took everyone waiting. I have not seem them attempt to load a ECV. They did put folded up strollers in the luggage storage underneath.

The buses are the size of a bus you would take cross country. They do not fill them up, but they take a lot more than the normal Disney bus. A driver told us Disney is renting these buses to help with the large amount of people here this week. Disney was working on a new bus system and it was supposed to be up and running for Spring Break. The driver said they did not get it working in time. Tonight at Disney springs, we had a normal Disney bus that could not take everyone. Within 5 minutes a large one arrived and took everyone waiting. I have not seem them attempt to load a ECV. They did put folded up strollers in the luggage storage underneath.

Gotcha. Those ARE the size of Magicel Express busses. I figured the "larger than Magical Express" was the common mix-up of Magical Express with Disney transportation on-property.

If I am staying at cabanas and trying to get to the parks early, should we walk to the casita stop? If cabanas is the third stop, I expect a lot of full buses driving by while we are waiting. Curious how the various stops affect the availability. Thanks!

If you were staying in the Towers, where would you request a pick up from either Uber or Lyft? is it right in front of the building/tower.

If I am staying at cabanas and trying to get to the parks early, should we walk to the casita stop? If cabanas is the third stop, I expect a lot of full buses driving by while we are waiting. Curious how the various stops affect the availability. Thanks!
Yes, or at least Ranchos (stop 3), unless you plan on going very early. We were there this week and when we got to the bus stop at 6:30am for MK opening at 8am, we had no issues boarding at stop 3. When we arrived closer to 7am, we had to wait for several buses until our group of 3 could board.

The bus situation this week was rough! We waited over an hour for a MK bus at 4pm, and no Disney Springs buses during that time. However, we had FIVE AK buses come during that time, and 4 Epcot. The monitors displaying bus arrival times just showed "BUS" for several parks, which was no use.

For anyone going soon, plan to be at the pool when it opens or you'll be waiting to get in. Our group of 3 waited almost 2 hours on Tuesday (we arrived shortly before noon) and waited over an hour on Wednesday when we arrived 15 minutes after the pool opened (10am). Siestas was a 30 minute wait just to get drinks.

For anyone going soon, plan to be at the pool when it opens or you'll be waiting to get in. Our group of 3 waited almost 2 hours on Tuesday (we arrived shortly before noon) and waited over an hour on Wednesday when we arrived 15 minutes after the pool opened (10am). Siestas was a 30 minute wait just to get drinks.

Man. I hope they start figuring out how to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter