• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently booked into a Tower King Water View room.

It would be a little bit of a discount to change to a Preferred King room.

Pros and cons for each?

Pros and cons for each?

You switch around a lot! :D

I think pictures of both would probably be enough to sway you one way or the other. Plus, Tower is close to food.

Pros and cons for each?

This sounds bad, I know, but I think I’m sort of a Tower snob. That’s a terrible way to say it, but just being honest. While I mean no disrespect to the rest of CSR, I just like being in the Tower, interior hallways, having a view of something, etc.

This sounds bad, I know, but I think I’m sort of a Tower snob. That’s a terrible way to say it, but just being honest. While I mean no disrespect to the rest of CSR, I just like being in the Tower, interior hallways, having a view of something, etc.

Thanks! And don't stress it - I'm the one who says the rainfall/handheld shower in the Poly turned me into a shower snob.

I'm a Tower snob and I haven't even stayed at this hotel yet! 😄 Gran Destino put it on my radar. Now I'm excited because the grounds look amazing!

Bring on the discounts, January 2022. Would love to hit at least 25% off.

January is a LONG way off for discounts if there are any. With the pent-up demand for travel, things are booking further and further out and discounts don’t need to be offered as much. They are to sell empty rooms - not to give a perk to people who already booked (though if your room type is available you can change it - if done with Disney...not sure about bulk things like Orbitz).

Just look at how few places were offered for the late summer rates. Disney doesn’t NEED to discount as much right now.

Availability just came up the end of November, beginning of December, so I cancelled my Wilderness Lodge reservation at more than twice the price than CSR. My reasoning is that with the 50th anniversary and all the loosening of restrictions with masks, etc. Disney will not have issues in filling rooms and might not offer discounts for that time period and even if they do, WL usually not included.

Destino versus the rest of CSR. I went with a standard room...I'm going to request on Touring Plans my favorite building 5 in the Casitas...I know no guarantees, but I've always gotten at least that building if not the exact room. I am a big time walker, so walking anywhere is never an issue and like the quietness of the outer buildings as opposed to the towers where all the food, etc is located. Walking is one of the reasons I love going to WDW.

I do have a question for the board. Has there been any rumors of what they are going to do with the old check in area that was used before the Destino was added and check in moved there?

Anyone get a great deal with Orbitz here lately for CSR?
I think Orbitz and Expedia are essentially the same now? I haven't seen any good deals on these for years and are often higher than booking directly (Disney or any other hotel chain).

Priceline and Hotwire are usually a lot better but there is a risk because you're doing a blind booking. With practice you can usually start to recognize what's Disney and what's not. I've gotten some sweet deals in the past. CSR pops up a lot.

Those deals aren't as great now, especially on Priceline Express, but time will tell. I did get a CSR standard room for 1 night for the end of next month for $159 on Hotwire (tax excluded). Usually, this works better if you're adding a day or not staying in one place for the full week since they're likely just trying to fill rooms.

I'd recommend following this thread, lots of helpful people here who know their stuff!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/ (it's a long thread, I'd jump to the most recent posts).

I think Orbitz and Expedia are essentially the same now? I haven't seen any good deals on these for years and are often higher than booking directly (Disney or any other hotel chain).

Priceline and Hotwire are usually a lot better but there is a risk because you're doing a blind booking. With practice you can usually start to recognize what's Disney and what's not. I've gotten some sweet deals in the past. CSR pops up a lot.

Those deals aren't as great now, especially on Priceline Express, but time will tell. I did get a CSR standard room for 1 night for the end of next month for $159 on Hotwire (tax excluded). Usually, this works better if you're adding a day or not staying in one place for the full week since they're likely just trying to fill rooms.

I'd recommend following this thread, lots of helpful people here who know their stuff!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/ (it's a long thread, I'd jump to the most recent posts).
Well if by chance they were to get the rooms from Disney that also included Disney's promo, you can add a coupon on top of that. I have done this a few times in the past. But that was the past.

I do have a question for the board. Has there been any rumors of what they are going to do with the old check in area that was used before the Destino was added and check in moved there?

We’re here now and they have put lots of seating. I have no idea if it’s permanent but it does look nice. And lots of people were using it when we walked through around 8pm.

We’re here now and they have put lots of seating. I have no idea if it’s permanent but it does look nice. And lots of people were using it when we walked through around 8pm.

That’s so interesting, because nearly every time we walked through (May 1-8) it was completely empty. I was thinking it was a huge waste of space! We sat there for a few hours on check out day waiting for magical express. It’s a lovely area and nicely furnished (although the chargers on the sofas in the center weren’t working).

Staying at CSR for the first time towards the end of this month. Was wondering what the food situation was looking like, Besides Rix's, is any other of the sit down dining options open? Is their food court area open, or is it all just grab and go stuff?

Staying at CSR for the first time towards the end of this month. Was wondering what the food situation was looking like, Besides Rix's, is any other of the sit down dining options open? Is their food court area open, or is it all just grab and go stuff?

We have our very first Coronado stay coming up in a few weeks! Super excited - it's a treat for my oldest kids' graduation and my son...he just LOVES a hot tub!

We have a standard room, so are pretty nervous about buses; also have two reservations for Cafe Rix, so hoping that's yummy.

Any other tips for a newbie? Room requests - we heard Casitas was a nice option. TIA!

We have our very first Coronado stay coming up in a few weeks! Super excited - it's a treat for my oldest kids' graduation and my son...he just LOVES a hot tub!

We have a standard room, so are pretty nervous about buses; also have two reservations for Cafe Rix, so hoping that's yummy.

Any other tips for a newbie? Room requests - we heard Casitas was a nice option. TIA!

Do you have a breakfast reservation at Six? Check out Mercado that is literally right next to it. We enjoyed our grab and go breakfasts from Mercado better than the "sit down meal" at Six.

Casita's is preferred (more$) but close to the 1st bus stop. You really want to go to the first bus stop in order to get a seat. Standard rooms have a bus stop, but the busses are sometimes full by the time they get to that stop. They walk from standard rooms top the first bus stop is maybe 10 minutes?

Casita's is preferred (more$) but close to the 1st bus stop. You really want to go to the first bus stop in order to get a seat. Standard rooms have a bus stop, but the busses are sometimes full by the time they get to that stop.

I thought buildings 4 and 5 in Casitas were Standard and only 1, 2, and 3 were Preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter