Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any rooms in the Cabanas section have walk-in showers and not a shower/tub combo?

I saw a youtube video of a walk in shower in the casitas section but otherwise I’ve only seen shower/tub combo rooms on room walkthroughs

Our King Waterview room in 8A (8130) had a shower only.

Does anyone know if any rooms in the Cabanas section have walk-in showers and not a shower/tub combo?

I saw a youtube video of a walk in shower in the casitas section but otherwise I’ve only seen shower/tub combo rooms on room walkthroughs

From what Here With The Ears was able to find out, if you have a King bed, you will almost definitely have a walk-in shower (reason being they figure people booking a King are far less likely to have a kid who "couldn't get clean in a shower" (quotes because plenty of kiddos in NYC do it all the time - just people don't have their kids USED to it). If you have 2 queens, it could be either.

Gluten Free quick service with kid friendly options such as chicken nuggets, burgers, pizza, mickey waffles? How is the quick service here for gluten free compared to Caribbean Beach and other Disney hotels? Is the food service at CSR still run by an outside company? thanks.
When we were there in February El Mercado would make DH gluten free food if he talked to a chef. I believe they could do pizza, chicken nuggets, waffles, and others. There’s just not any already made ‘grab n’ go’ GF stuff (aside from prepackaged chips and the like). DH absolutely loved the GF churros and burger from Three Bridges, which you can order To Go. I think he ate that three or four times. Good luck!

Our double queen water view in 8B had the combo.

I am home after my short weekend stay at GDT. Coronado is such a lovely resort and I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it! Even setting aside the tower, it was so calm and peaceful walking the grounds. CMs were friendly and attentive. Food was great. I would not hesitate to stay again for another budget trip. It really didn’t feel like I got “skimped” on anything, if that makes sense.

Does anyone know if the Junior Suites at Coronado are an option to book anymore? My trip in 2019 I stayed at a Junior Suite and loved it, looking at booking this year and it's not even showing up as an option :/

I am home after my short weekend stay at GDT. Coronado is such a lovely resort and I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it! Even setting aside the tower, it was so calm and peaceful walking the grounds. CMs were friendly and attentive. Food was great. I would not hesitate to stay again for another budget trip. It really didn’t feel like I got “skimped” on anything, if that makes sense.
We are staying here for the first time later this month. The last few trips we've done deluxe but I just could not justify the cost this summer. I'm so encouraged to hear you had a nice stay!

Does anyone know if the Junior Suites at Coronado are an option to book anymore? My trip in 2019 I stayed at a Junior Suite and loved it, looking at booking this year and it's not even showing up as an option :/
I didn't even know that was ever a booking option. We've stayed at CSR several times between 2019 and 2021 and I've never seen that pop up.

Did a Google search and it seems it is a category? (But the site I found it on I don't think I'm allowed to link here.)

I didn't even know that was ever a booking option. We've stayed at CSR several times between 2019 and 2021 and I've never seen that pop up.

Did a Google search and it seems it is a category? (But the site I found it on I don't think I'm allowed to link here.)

I think I remember the Jr Suites being located in Cabanas 9B along with a “Business Club lounge” this building was demolished when they built GDT.

Does anyone know of anything going on the end of April? Trying to book Coronado for 4/22/22 - 5/1/22 and all rooms types say unavailable?
could it be a glitch?

Wow that's weird it didn't show up for you! I had never stayed at Coronado but was looking for a 2 bathrooms option and a google search showed me those had that. And it was on the Disney website for my 2019 trip. It's not showing up now though :/
I think I remember the Jr Suites being located in Cabanas 9B along with a “Business Club lounge” this building was demolished when they built GDT.

They could have had some there too! I think we stayed in the Casitas area, and I remember it being on the website for me to book for my Sept. 2019 trip and we stayed there, was really nice! They have a 1 bedroom suite option now but it looks different than the Junior suites (and is a LOT pricier). Our junior suite was basically 2 rooms connected, one bedroom was the king bed and the other was a pull out couch. So now I"m wondering if after opening for Covid they just split the rooms and put beds in all of them? I just think it's odd I can't find an answer to it :P

Yes, all jr suites are located in the casita area. There used to be two in the cabana section but as mentioned, one was lost with the demo of 9b. The remaining one is located in 8b.

...just a bit of info:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj08rrI4ERO-m5LJ3OwAvJr5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

...our ME bus did not go directly to CS; the first stop was AoA...

...then we stopped at:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgj7gFcIkm86AH_Z8PeeGPHaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

....before finally arriving at:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgOJiTAu24lV_I8uzBLKQrdrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh3apGMDNpWjB_W9WSVH1uRV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

...BTW, all check-in is at the tower, regardless of your room location.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiwIWbZqZZOBad3dXhDsYqvldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

[EDIT: my sister checked in later that evening, and they stopped at the BC/YC before arriving at Gran Destino Tower.]

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhrw5zhktJqvt0r_g9bsm2x4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJixfr9mzVoNIueTl43mUXlj
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJghzuA7kzvhl7_pB705MD9gqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

...ME will drop you off to the right of this portico. Bell services are located there so you can drop off your luggage if your room isn't ready.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg42oSEMqSjBaf5vxaGA0Y2UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Last edited:
...when you exit these front doors:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi-AuTX4tjPQveWiLnFeZQn

...and turn right:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg9Sh3yaoTxTK1EYZPbSKOK

...follow that path; there are steps to go down to the bus depot for transportation to the parks.

I never use the Disney app when checking in:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjkaa3W7WbV3Tb41o4IjCje

...we received Room 741, which faces DHS; Epcot is to our left when looking out the window.

...instead of going right to the check-in counter:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgfEAnpGUAN6rMNmvty8QOiKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

you'd turn left towards the 'business center' to go to the elevators.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjzqc0BSFzo0bT8JCnr5djkKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjBr60tsSv7fVqAEUMm2juq5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiDg9I63pngQnNfLAedg6-1VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjX8EEiyl2mPmv7Ti2-qJ-BqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter