Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Scooters and busses: What's the best bet for getting on the first bus with a scooter - especially in busy times? During very busy times, will they dispatch multiple busses so that every single bus does not stop at the first stop to pick up whoever is in line? Hope that makes sense. We'll be there for the 50th and read that a lot of people from Tower walk to Casitas stop. Thinking maybe we should book Ranchos? Overthinking as usual but the scooter is a new wrinkle in the planning.

They will dispatch multiple buses if they're filling up too quickly/not able to hit all 4 stops, and sometimes if a couple buses are back-to-back one will stop to load at Casitas while the second goes on to Ranchos. However, those are fewer and further between than the ones that start at Casitas. For that reason, I always go with Casitas so I can board in my chair.

The other thing to keep in mind with CSR is that - unlike value resorts - there's really not a *line* so much as a clump with no delineation between resorts. I'm always worried that the driver won't see me (in my chair, with my very short partner beside me!) such that I would be unable to board even though there is plenty of room on the bus. So I generally go right away to the wheelchair/scooter box unless someone else on wheels is already there. That way the driver is sure to see me. Obviously if there are a whole bunch of people such that you wouldn't be on the first bus, hang back a bit. But we didn't have an issue getting the chair on at the first stop during our trip.

Going in December for 7 nights - 1st time at CSR - booked a standard room through a travel agency that gets block rooms. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of distance from probably rancheros (assuming that will be my location) to food court? Would it worth getting mugs? Will have a car so not to worried about transportation. Just 2 adults so anything that we should do or see at the resort? Will arrive on a Sunday approximately 6:30pm any ideas for dinner?

This is such a pretty resort now.
If you look in the center of the bio reconstruct photo you will see where the new 3 Bridges connect to provide shorter walking distance and also the delightful 3 Bridges Bar & Grill . They were taking walk up diners when I visited so I am not sure if reservations are required. Also enjoyed the benches provided along the path to sit and enjoy the night. The new Grand Destino Tower changes color to highlight the new grand destination . Also has a rooftop bar !

I will be at Coronado Springs Tower for one night in September. I have an option to leave on a 7:30AM flight home or a 3:30PM flight home on my departure day. Thoughts? Would there be things to do at the hotel in the morning that would make it worth it to hang around at the hotel for a bit? I will have 2 daughters, ages 11 and 14, with me.

I will be at Coronado Springs Tower for one night in September. I have an option to leave on a 7:30AM flight home or a 3:30PM flight home on my departure day. Thoughts? Would there be things to do at the hotel in the morning that would make it worth it to hang around at the hotel for a bit? I will have 2 daughters, ages 11 and 14, with me.

We always do the later flight. For the 3:30 pm flight you’ll take DME by 12:30. If you drive you’ll leave around 1? That’s enough time to have a leisurely morning and have a nice relaxing breakfast. No way would I want a 7:30 am flight home. Been there done that and it sucks. I don’t mind it going to WDW, but not going home.

We always do the later flight. For the 3:30 pm flight you’ll take DME by 12:30. If you drive you’ll leave around 1? That’s enough time to have a leisurely morning and have a nice relaxing breakfast. No way would I want a 7:30 am flight home. Been there done that and it sucks. I don’t mind it going to WDW, but not going home.
@KJTex we pretty much would do the same thing. In June, we spent two nights at GDT and had a 2 p.m. flight. Had a nice breakfast, took a walk around the lake, and just popped in the shops, etc. There are also the pools or you can just sit outside and relax at a table.

is the dig site pool still operating with virtual line? or is that only when it gets too crowded??

Going in December for 7 nights - 1st time at CSR - booked a standard room through a travel agency that gets block rooms. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of distance from probably rancheros (assuming that will be my location) to food court? Would it worth getting mugs? Will have a car so not to worried about transportation. Just 2 adults so anything that we should do or see at the resort? Will arrive on a Sunday approximately 6:30pm any ideas for dinner?
Rancheros is a bit of a trek from El Centro and the tower. We got the mugs but barely used them. During pool hours, you can get soda refills at the siesta cantina (near the dig site pool). It’s quite close but it doesn’t have tea/coffee & iced tea.

Do they still do pin trading at the hotel? Has anyone traded pins at this hotel recently? Just wondering if they are keeping their boards pretty filled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter