Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Right now it’s automatically every other day. Towels, trash, light cleaning and coffee replenishment…no made beds. Daily housekeeping has not come back to CSR yet.
Thank you. Our trip is not until December so I guess it could change. If we want to do every other day (if it goes back to everyday), I guess we can request every other day when we check in?

Yep, the rooms had individual coffee pods for a Keurig-style machine (don't remember the actual brand) with sugar and half & half and all was free.

On GoogleMaps the Ranchos Pool (where I stayed) is .4 miles and an 8 minute walk to Gran Destino. I'd say use your judgement in terms of your ability to walk about a half mile and what the temperature outside may be. I had no issues but I'm an athletic 38 year old who walks a lot daily for work. If a wheelchair will make your visit more enjoyable then definitely go that route.
Just so you know the buses to the parks start from the Cassitas stop (bus stop 2) and circle around the resort before leaving for park but the Disney Springs bus stops at Grand Destino Tower first and circles around resort so if you want to get to main building from any of the further room locations you can take one the resort buses to get there instead of walking.

Currently staying at Coronado. Really love the resort, would stay at it again. It is beautiful, a lot of dining options.

And I actually like having multiple busstops. It gives us options to go for a short or a long walk. Sometimes we walk to our closest stop (3, Ranchos 6B), and sometimes we walk to 1 or 2, or get out at 1 or 2. Coronado Springs is beautiful to stroll through after dark, so we do not mind some extra steps. Plus we are AP holders at Disneyland Paris, walking back to the hotel is part of our normal routine.
Busjes come regularly, never had to wait long, and not crowded.

Housekeeping is just trash and towels every other day. It is fine. I made my own bed to make sure to get to a tidy room at the end of day.
I have more 'issues' with that before we arrived no one spotted the squashed musquito on the wall of the bathroom, and not have spotted it yet. And one night we had a big trash bag outside our door, and still there the next morning.

Minor nitpick, the drawers do not have a self closing function. Not sure how to describe this in English. It is when you push the drawer to close it, and you didn't push hard enough, it will the do last half inch itself.
And in the bathroom (toilet/bath part) there is a sensor to activate the AC. And it is incredibly sensitive. One step in to the sink part of the bathroom and it turns on. We haven't figured out yet how to switch it off permanently.
Here, soft close drawer hinges/closures
are a costly upgrade in new construction, renovations, etc. While I love them (and paid dearly for them) at home, they are not common, definitely not in hotels.

Does anyone have experience doing laundry while staying at Gran Destino? I saw another Disboards thread that mentioned a laundry room on the 3rd floor, but when I look up laundry services on the WDW site, it only lists the cabanas, casitas, and ranchos laundry rooms by the pools. I also only see those three rooms listed on the LaundryView site.

Does anyone have experience doing laundry while staying at Gran Destino? I saw another Disboards thread that mentioned a laundry room on the 3rd floor, but when I look up laundry services on the WDW site, it only lists the cabanas, casitas, and ranchos laundry rooms by the pools. I also only see those three rooms listed on the LaundryView site.
It's 100% on the 3rd floor. I've used that one so many times I've lost count :)

It should be on the laundryview site though?

Edited to add: https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...-coronado-springs-resort-laundry-room-498610/

Right now it’s automatically every other day. Towels, trash, light cleaning and coffee replenishment…no made beds. Daily housekeeping has not come back to CSR yet.
I stayed at the tower from 5/12 to 5/18/22 and had what appeared to be full housekeeping every other day. The bed was made on those days and the room, including the floor, appeared to have been cleaned.

I stayed at the tower from 5/12 to 5/18/22 and had what appeared to be full housekeeping every other day. The bed was made on those days and the room, including the floor, appeared to have been cleaned.
We check in on 1 June for 17 nights. My concern is whether our bed linen will be changed at all over that period (don’t mind making the beds). I think I read somewhere that you can ask for a change of bedding and ‘do it yourself’; does anyone know if this is still the case?

Just finishing a 5-night stay. We had zero housekeeping. They didn't even empty our garbage once. We did call and requested more towels and shampoo towards the end of our trip. They dropped some off on our bed (and refilled the shampoo), but still didn't remove any towels or empty the overflowing garbage. I understand not making the beds or even cleaning, but I had hoped to at least empty the garbage once in 5 days. We were in the room for one of the security checks. The gentleman asked if our sink and air conditioning were working! LOL We asked him for our garbage to be emptied, but that never happened.

It must be the time of year, but the leisure pools were PACKED all trip. Multiple times we couldn't even find a chair. The Dig Site was even worse. With the temperature so hot, I can't sit in direct sun. Three Bridges was wonderful as always, but otherwise, we are leaving kind of disappointed. I mean, certainly nothing terrible happened, but it just didn't seem as magical. No biggie. This was our 5th stay at CSR, and I think we'll stay somewhere else next time.

Food court (El Mercado) is returning to normal. Some sections are now making food to order.
I’m so glad to hear this as we return in Sept. ...really didn’t like the cardboard boxes. Years ago they actually served food on real plates...now I’d be happy with a paper plate!

Food court (El Mercado) is returning to normal. Some sections are now making food to order.
So happy to hear this! I was underwhelmed with the breakfast sandwiches we got last year. We’ll give them another try next week!

My family is so excited to be returning to Disney with my daughter's dance studio. We had gone with them in 2018 and she danced at Disney Springs. This time she will be dancing at Disney Springs and doing a parade at MK! We stayed at CBR last dance trip and it was really nice, although the room was a ways away from the restaurant and main pool. I'm assuming this will be the same- that we'll be in the furthest away standard room- can anyone confirm this? The company the studio is using didn't say, but I'm assuming that is what it will be. Just curious mostly- and excited for the trip even though it isn't until October. I didn't think we'd be there during the 50th Anniversary, so happy about that! We've never been to CSR, but looking forward to staying there!

My family is so excited to be returning to Disney with my daughter's dance studio. We had gone with them in 2018 and she danced at Disney Springs. This time she will be dancing at Disney Springs and doing a parade at MK! We stayed at CBR last dance trip and it was really nice, although the room was a ways away from the restaurant and main pool. I'm assuming this will be the same- that we'll be in the furthest away standard room- can anyone confirm this? The company the studio is using didn't say, but I'm assuming that is what it will be. Just curious mostly- and excited for the trip even though it isn't until October. I didn't think we'd be there during the 50th Anniversary, so happy about that! We've never been to CSR, but looking forward to staying there!
No way to tell. I’ve seen sports/event teams dominate the Casitas preferred buildings but also be assigned to Ranchos for others. Depends on occupancy at the time, as well as the negotiated contract rates for the group.

Just finishing a 5-night stay. We had zero housekeeping. They didn't even empty our garbage once. We did call and requested more towels and shampoo towards the end of our trip. They dropped some off on our bed (and refilled the shampoo), but still didn't remove any towels or empty the overflowing garbage. I understand not making the beds or even cleaning, but I had hoped to at least empty the garbage once in 5 days. We were in the room for one of the security checks. The gentleman asked if our sink and air conditioning were working! LOL We asked him for our garbage to be emptied, but that never happened.

It must be the time of year, but the leisure pools were PACKED all trip. Multiple times we couldn't even find a chair. The Dig Site was even worse. With the temperature so hot, I can't sit in direct sun. Three Bridges was wonderful as always, but otherwise, we are leaving kind of disappointed. I mean, certainly nothing terrible happened, but it just didn't seem as magical. No biggie. This was our 5th stay at CSR, and I think we'll stay somewhere else next time.
Thanks for this review. We are torn between CSR and SSR and based on your experience and the filthy rooms I am reading about on Tripadvisor, we will probably go with SSR. I can't understand why rooms aren't being cleaned again?!

Thanks for this review. We are torn between CSR and SSR and based on your experience and the filthy rooms I am reading about on Tripadvisor, we will probably go with SSR. I can't understand why rooms aren't being cleaned again?!
OR maybe others can chime in...have others had more positive cleaning experiences at CCR? It would be a 600.00 savings between Coronado and SSR. Thanks

OR maybe others can chime in...have others had more positive cleaning experiences at CCR? It would be a 600.00 savings between Coronado and SSR. Thanks
Last month we had the advertised cleaning of every other day. No beds made but trash was emptied and coffee/bathroom supplies refilled. We found the resort overall to be very clean and quite lovely.

Last month we had the advertised cleaning of every other day. No beds made but trash was emptied and coffee/bathroom supplies refilled. We found the resort overall to be very clean and quite lovely.
That is great to hear! What would you say the longest walk from the hotel to main pool might be? We don't mind walking but want to get a comparison to SSR. Thanks!

February we also had the advertised cleaning. We do stay in the Tower, so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter