Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know when the waterfall on the pyramid stopped working at the Dig Site pool and if it is now permanently dry? I’m here now and really miss seeing the water run down it. :confused:

We have stayed at GDT several times and we love it. YMMV of course, but here is how we have found things:

1. We were always able to get on the first bus that arrived except occasionally when we were using a scooter. Bus service was far more reliable than AKL, for example.
2. You do have to walk through to the next building for drink refills, though the walkway is covered and you pass several nice lounge areas on the way.
3. Here I can’t help you much as we tend to go in February, so we never had a problem with a crowded pool.
4. We like the food at Rix, Quick service is fine, food in each of the lounges is terrific, and Toledo is a must do for us.

You do have large windows to enjoy a view, but if the water view is significantly more expensive, we choose the standard and ask to be up as high as possible and we’ve always been comfortable.

This is very helpful. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

My family and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Disney next June. This trip will be different in that we plan to spend a few days at Universal first before heading to Disney. We also usually stay at deluxe resorts, but I’m having trouble accepting the price of the deluxe resorts which is why I’m visiting this thread. We’ve stayed at CBR and POR before and we liked them both but didn’t love them. We visited GDT on our trip last summer and thought it was beautiful!

Here are a few questions before I book GDT:

1. How are busses? I’m a little worried that this is the only mode of transportation and we won’t have a car. According to page 1, it looks like GDT is bus stop #1, but the last stop before heading to the parks. Are busses full by the time they reach GDT?

2. Are there drink refill stations in GDT or do we need to walk somewhere else to get our mugs refilled?

3. Is the main pool busy? We like to take afternoon breaks. We are used to Stormalong Bay, and it’s certainly busy there, but we can usually find chairs. Can you find chairs at the main pool here?

4. How are the food options? I looked at the menus linked on page 1, and it looks like there is a good variety of food, but just looking for other’s opinions.

Please share anything else I should know.

I appreciate any help. Thank you!
I was in Casitas 5 when I was there, which is bus stop #2 but the first to be picked up, depending on the time of day and the time of year, by the time it gets to the Tower it can be crowded. They will send other buses but just know. It's not that far to walk to the Casistas for the first pick up or even the Cabanas for the 2nd to last pick up.

Don't do refillable mugs so can't help you there.

I always took afternoon breaks and while the pool was crowded, it wasn't horrible. I was there in Dec. so you mileage may vary. I had no trouble finding chairs but I tend to sit in the shade and in the hot tub area.

I found the food good. Three Bridges is one of the best restaurants on property as far as I'm concerned. Cafe Rix was o.k. The QS is not the great. They no longer have stations where you can go and they serve the food. It's all preserved and sitting in cases under heat lamps. Not horrible but I've had better at the value resorts. It's edible and I ate breakfast there a couple of mornings and sort of a semi-late lunch a couple of days.

CSR is my favorite moderate on site and I don't hesitate to book it if I can't get Swan/Dolphin. I don't stay in the tower, because for that price I can stay Swan/Dolphin but I haven't found any of the non-tower rooms to be too far away.

I was in Casitas 5 when I was there, which is bus stop #2 but the first to be picked up, depending on the time of day and the time of year, by the time it gets to the Tower it can be crowded. They will send other buses but just know. It's not that far to walk to the Casistas for the first pick up or even the Cabanas for the 2nd to last pick up.

Don't do refillable mugs so can't help you there.

I always took afternoon breaks and while the pool was crowded, it wasn't horrible. I was there in Dec. so you mileage may vary. I had no trouble finding chairs but I tend to sit in the shade and in the hot tub area.

I found the food good. Three Bridges is one of the best restaurants on property as far as I'm concerned. Cafe Rix was o.k. The QS is not the great. They no longer have stations where you can go and they serve the food. It's all preserved and sitting in cases under heat lamps. Not horrible but I've had better at the value resorts. It's edible and I ate breakfast there a couple of mornings and sort of a semi-late lunch a couple of days.

CSR is my favorite moderate on site and I don't hesitate to book it if I can't get Swan/Dolphin. I don't stay in the tower, because for that price I can stay Swan/Dolphin but I haven't found any of the non-tower rooms to be too far away.

Thank you for your response. This is very helpful.

So we are coming over labor day, staying in the GDT, I understand that we will be last stop before heading to the parks, but what is the order of stops coming back from the parks? This is our first time staying here and we want to be as prepared as we can. Thanks so much.

So we are coming over labor day, staying in the GDT, I understand that we will be last stop before heading to the parks, but what is the order of stops coming back from the parks? This is our first time staying here and we want to be as prepared as we can. Thanks so much.
When I was there in Dec. they stopped at the Tower 1st coming back from the parks sometimes and sometimes stopped a the Casitas first. I really couldn't see a pattern to it. If they stop at the Casitas first, just get off there and don't ride it all the way around, it's not really a long walk at all.

When I was there in Dec. they stopped at the Tower 1st coming back from the parks sometimes and sometimes stopped a the Casitas first. I really couldn't see a pattern to it. If they stop at the Casitas first, just get off there and don't ride it all the way around, it's not really a long walk at all.

That is awesome!! Thanks so much. I hope that this holds true. Would be nice.

Heading to GDT in a few weeks and the silence in here is making me wonder what's going on?
Someone who's been recently give us an update - Preferably a good one! :)

Heading to GDT in a few weeks and the silence in here is making me wonder what's going on?
Someone who's been recently give us an update - Preferably a good one! :)
Stayed in GDT in December 2020 for the first time and we are headed back December 2022. We LOVED it and are probably more excited about going back to the hotel than the parks. Love this hotel and we have stayed at the Contemportray, the WL, and the GDT rooms and this place at night is just so beautiful ❤️❤️❤️

Stayed in GDT in December 2020 for the first time and we are headed back December 2022. We LOVED it and are probably more excited about going back to the hotel than the parks. Love this hotel and we have stayed at the Contemportray, the WL, and the GDT rooms and this place at night is just so beautiful ❤️❤️❤️
Thanks - I'm with you - Stayed there 4 times since it opened (twice with club level and will be back there again on 8/22). Still think it's the best hotel for the money on property.

Just stayed in cabanas building for three nights. I absolutely LOVED this resort. From the constant frog noise outside our room to the late night food options to the incredible smell in the lobby of GDT. Travel time to all parks was pretty equal and not very long. I will absolutely stay here again!

Totally random question, but does anyone by chance know if the market sells Dannon Yogurt Pouches? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter