• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

I’m here!! Having a vino in Chronos! Lite snacks now. PB&J’s gold fish etc. From my suite on the 14th floor, pool doesn’t look crowded at all. Next stop, pool bar!
Awesome! Keep the updates coming if you have the time. How have the busses been for you?

I kind of don’t do the parks, so can’t really say. Sorry
Okay, I do the parks, but not on the short stays. 😁

We want to stay in cabanas. What is the best way to request it? We’ve used Touring Plans with success before but if I remember you request a specific room and we aren’t picky about the exact room or building just Cabanas. What’s our best method to do this?

I'm not intending to use MDE check-in but via the traditional way - reception. Has anyone else used reception for check-in recently?

I know its in GDT now (which didn't exist when I last stayed there).

Does anyone have info on where accessible rooms are? We've stayed at CSR several times, but haven't needed an accessible room before. We have two rooms that we requested to be connecting - one regular room and one accessible. Just wondering if they would be on the first floor or located close to bus stops. Thanks!!

I'm not intending to use MDE check-in but via the traditional way - reception. Has anyone else used reception for check-in recently?

I know its in GDT now (which didn't exist when I last stayed there).
I used the front desk check in when I was there in Dec. Yes, it's in the Tower. Just go in the front doors of the Tower and it's almost right there, no way to miss it. I arrived around 2 or 2:30, which was why I used the front desk since it was too early for my room ready text. I didn't have to stand in line at all, the CM was very helpful and nice. I just wanted to know what building my room was going to be in so I could move my car and park it where it should be. She looked and decided since it was on the 1st floor of Ranchos and I was there solo, to move me to 3rd floor of Casitas #5. Casitas 5 is close to the first bus stop. I was perfectly fine with first floor Ranchos, I hadn't stayed in that section yet, had stayed in Casitas and Cabanas, so kind of wanted to check it out. She said she just felt it would be safer for a solo woman to be on a higher floor. I love Casitas and the building was almost straight across the bridge from 3 Bridges and the main building so I was o.k. with it.

Just for the record, I've stayed in first floor rooms all over property as a solo woman and never felt unsafe.

I used the front desk check in when I was there in Dec. Yes, it's in the Tower. Just go in the front doors of the Tower and it's almost right there, no way to miss it. I arrived around 2 or 2:30, which was why I used the front desk since it was too early for my room ready text. I didn't have to stand in line at all, the CM was very helpful and nice. I just wanted to know what building my room was going to be in so I could move my car and park it where it should be. She looked and decided since it was on the 1st floor of Ranchos and I was there solo, to move me to 3rd floor of Casitas #5. Casitas 5 is close to the first bus stop. I was perfectly fine with first floor Ranchos, I hadn't stayed in that section yet, had stayed in Casitas and Cabanas, so kind of wanted to check it out. She said she just felt it would be safer for a solo woman to be on a higher floor. I love Casitas and the building was almost straight across the bridge from 3 Bridges and the main building so I was o.k. with it.

Just for the record, I've stayed in first floor rooms all over property as a solo woman and never felt unsafe.
Oh I have just remembered what we call the ground floor is the first floor in the US.

We prefer the top floor, not for safety, but to save us from many little feet running up and down above us. We're early to bed, early to rise in Disney and a few times its been difficult due to the noise above. We can only ask and who knows as we're really not bothered about which building, we'll have a hire car.

CMs seemed really attentive, nice to hear.

Just 20 days to go for us, staying at GDT. First time ever at this resort. I am so excited to stay here. Hoping for some great weather too. Just debating on transportation- not sure if we should just drive to parks or take our car?? We only have 2 park days this trip but want to make the most of each day. The other days we are simply going to rest and enjoy the peace.

Arrived last night and had booked standard room in CSR, but given Casitas 5 which preferred room on UK site. It's a corner room and a stone's throw from the Dig Site, perfect for us. The CM at check in was so helpful :-)

Didn't explore too much on arrival as 5 hour time difference and a long flight meant early to bed. Woke up insanely early so purchased genie+ for MK today. Can't wait to explore the resort later today.

Preferred are casitas 1, 2, and, 3. 4 and 5 are standard rooms. But with the new bridges, makes 5 more attractive

We want to stay in cabanas. What is the best way to request it? We’ve used Touring Plans with success before but if I remember you request a specific room and we aren’t picky about the exact room or building just Cabanas. What’s our best method to do this?
When I stayed last year, I called and asked cor either casitas or cabanas and got casitas 4. In 2 weeks I’ll be at pop and use the chat in MDE and asked to be close to the main building. Hopefully that works too.

Hello! I am a Coronado newbie!

I have 2 water view rooms reserved (only because those were the only rooms left) and I see that this resort has both king rooms and double queen rooms.

Do they usually try to put people into the queen rooms by default or should I add that to my room request? We need 2 beds in both rooms. I don't want to add more things than I need to when making my requests.

Tia!

Hello! I am a Coronado newbie!

I have 2 water view rooms reserved (only because those were the only rooms left) and I see that this resort has both king rooms and double queen rooms.

Do they usually try to put people into the queen rooms by default or should I add that to my room request? We need 2 beds in both rooms. I don't want to add more things than I need to when making my requests.

Tia!
King bedded rooms are a separate bookable category at Coronado, so as long as you didn't book king water view, no worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter