Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We are back from our trip. We were there 11/3-11/12 and were in Ranchos room 6212. At first I was upset to be in Ranchos but it worked out to be great. We were a 2-3 minute walk to the bus stop and the pool. We were stop 2 when we were picked up and stop 2 when we were dropped off. The busses ran efficiently. We never waited long for a bus and never had to stand. A few times coming back from MK we were on a charter bus which was great since everyone gets a seat. The staff was friendly.

The resort is gorgeous. We didn't go up to the tower or the shopping area much and we really rarely do when staying at Disney so it wasn't the distance part. With the bridges connecting the resort it wasn't a far walk at all. I believe we went twice to shop and only ate at El Mercado once but the area is really pretty. We ate at Three Bridges once and the vibe is great.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again although I would like to try the tower. Although I think having that bus stop sucks since it's the last one and people had to stand often when getting picked up there. It is a really great adult resort. Lots of convention people and we saw one wedding.

Honestly, so long as there's room on the bus I'll be good with standing!

Honestly, so long as there's room on the bus I'll be good with standing!

There were two times that the bus was full and we completely skipped the tower and went straight to the parks. And once or twice where everyone at the tower stop couldn’t make it on.

But again we did 9 park days with midday breaks plenty of days so we did the bus a lot. In the grand scheme of things that wasn’t that bad but who knows how often it happened.

We just got back from our stay at Coronado. I thought it was beautiful, but I would definitely pay for preferred next time we came, and might spring for the tower. We had a terrible time with keeping the temperature of the room consistent and it was such a long walk from Ranchos to the convention center.

Does Gran Destino Tower bathtub/shower have railing/rod on the wall? Sometimes I get little unbalanced and might need something to hold on to.

Thank you for your replies regarding the rail in the bathtub/shower. I was wondering than if "disability" rooms has them?

MOUSEKEEPING QUESTION: Those who requested every other day mousekeeping, what exactly does the mousekeeping do when they come into your room? I'm reading some saying they only take out trash? No fresh towels or beds with clean sheets?

I'm wondering if they replace towels and make beds? I will tip them according to how much work they put into when they come to the room.

Thank you for your replies regarding the rail in the bathtub/shower. I was wondering than if "disability" rooms has them?

MOUSEKEEPING QUESTION: Those who requested every other day mousekeeping, what exactly does the mousekeeping do when they come into your room? I'm reading some saying they only take out trash? No fresh towels or beds with clean sheets?

I'm wondering if they replace towels and make beds? I will tip them according to how much work they put into when they come to the room.

However much you tip for trash and towels is all you need at Disney if you aren’t staying Club Level or GF (and some other Deluxes randomly get full service), and on the bright side you might not even need that! I had no towel or trash service in my 3 days in Nov at CSR despite ticking the every other day box. Called for towels when I needed them, shoved dirty ones under the sink and let the trash overflow (wasn’t food).

Beat my trip like a year or two ago at CSR where they didn’t do trash or towels but pestered me for a security check, requested I call when ready, had me waiting 45 mins and then got into a screaming match about the situation among themselves in the hall which I had to interrupt to get the darn check finally done 😆

At CSR now, in Casitas 5.. just have a check out day question, will bell services be happy to transfer me and my luggage to the main lobby?

I haven’t much planned before my flight so I was going to get lunch then leave. I know OKW and SSR do but wasn’t sure about here.

If they’ll only transport luggage, do all buses stop at the tower before leaving the resort?

TIA

At CSR now, in Casitas 5.. just have a check out day question, will bell services be happy to transfer me and my luggage to the main lobby?

I haven’t much planned before my flight so I was going to get lunch then leave. I know OKW and SSR do but wasn’t sure about here.

If they’ll only transport luggage, do all buses stop at the tower before leaving the resort?

TIA

I called bell services and they asked if I was traveling with my bags and I said yes because I thought I had to. When he came to my room he told me to go straight to the bus stop and go to the parks. That I didn’t need to travel with my bags. He just gave me a receipt for my bags. So they will definitely transport you with the bags.

I called bell services and they asked if I was traveling with my bags and I said yes because I thought I had to. When he came to my room he told me to go straight to the bus stop and go to the parks. That I didn’t need to travel with my bags. He just gave me a receipt for my bags. So they will definitely transport you with the bags.
Ahh that’s perfect, thank you so much. I was just going to grab a bite to ate and then head the airport so that will be great :)

Hey Coronado Experts! How strict are the parking attendants? I’m running the marathon on Jan 8 and mile 20 goes right by CSR. It’d be the perfect place for a few spectators but I’m not sure if they’d be allowed to park there. I know officially you need some sort of reservation to park at any of the resorts but I’ve found that isn’t always enforced.

Hey Coronado Experts! How strict are the parking attendants? I’m running the marathon on Jan 8 and mile 20 goes right by CSR. It’d be the perfect place for a few spectators but I’m not sure if they’d be allowed to park there. I know officially you need some sort of reservation to park at any of the resorts but I’ve found that isn’t always enforced.

Personally I’ve found CSR more “open” vs other resorts as they have a variety of walk up restaurants and such, plus not connected to any parks. BUT, I wouldn’t take that as 100% certain since you just never know what any given guard wants to do. Hope it works out for you, and good luck with the race!

Also you’re probably already on top of this and I can’t personally vouch for how the traffic patterns work that AM, but make sure you’ve checked the road closures/modifications in that area, doesn’t look all that easy to access CSR.

Road Closures | runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bMVD3toLkFrwWRpg8?g_st=ic

Personally I’ve found CSR more “open” vs other resorts as they have a variety of walk up restaurants and such, plus not connected to any parks.
This was my assumption. Even when I went to an Epcot area resort for dinner recently, they didn’t do anything to verify that I actually had a dining reservation. Worst case, my cheering section can just turn around and catch me at the finish.

Also, great tip about road closures! It looks like there will be a route in and out but with a modified pattern. I’m sure it will take longer than normal but I have a hard time believing there’d be no access with it being so late in the race.

FYI for anyone staying at CSR on Jan 8, you can expect thousand of runners to be going past your resort between ~7a-noon.

Just booked 2 nights @ GDT for our split stay during Christmas Week 2023. I'm counting on some DVC points becoming available but not until Sep 1 so this is my backup reservation in case there's nothing left for that week. I'd be very happy 😍 , though a bit poorer, staying here again. It would be our third time in the Tower and the first time for the holidays.

Last edited:
Hi all! We have never stayed at CSR but are looking forward to a couple of nights in late January. I have a couple of questions….

Do rooms with CL access get daily housekeeping? We are staying in GDT.

Has anyone use minivan Back to MCO (Iread somewhere on dis that they are available for club level stays.

Does DSS email or call you prior to your stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter