• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Talk to me about breakfast at CSR…

We are travelling from the UK so will be up very early for the first few days with the jet lag.

On the WDW site it says El Mercado and Cafe Rix open at 07:00 and Barcelona Lounge at 06:30. The menu says there are breakfast Croissants with egg etc at Barcelona Lounge but are they actually available at opening.

We are also planning on getting the refillable mugs. Can we fill it somewhere ahead of 07:00 opening of El Mercado/Cafe Rix?

Also on a separate note, how annoying that kids meals are so expensive at this resort!

Silly question perhaps but it’s been 4 years since our last visit and that was to POFQ which is a bit smaller…! When we arrive via Uber at night, do we cart our luggage to our room, or can the driver drop us at our building? Can we use bellhop services to get the bags taken to the room, and if so what should we tip them? Thank you!

Also on a separate note, how annoying that kids meals are so expensive at this resort!
El Mercado is run by an outside vendor so it’s not the usual Disney QS you get elsewhere. I’ve found their post-Covid options pretty sad compared to normal Disney QS. That kids menu is really sad, I’d probably just order from the adult menu since the prices are basically the same.

Silly question perhaps but it’s been 4 years since our last visit and that was to POFQ which is a bit smaller…! When we arrive via Uber at night, do we cart our luggage to our room, or can the driver drop us at our building? Can we use bellhop services to get the bags taken to the room, and if so what should we tip them? Thank you!
I don‘t think driver can drop you at your building, front desk can get bell services to drive you and your luggage on a cart. We got there at 1:00 a.m., and this was our experience,

If you do online check-in prior and get your room assignment, you will get an email and a text message letting you know where your room is, including a resort map. Your driver could drop you off directly in front of your building this way. Otherwise, you have to check in at the front desk and either trek your luggage yourself or request bell service assistance.

Everyone seems to rave about Gran Destino Tower - what is so different about the rooms compared to the others at the resort?

I stayed in Ranchos standard last year and thought the rooms were really nice - comfortable, spacious, modern. I didn't mind the walk or that my room entrance was outside or being far from the main tower. Will I be blown away by GDT rooms?

Everyone seems to rave about Gran Destino Tower - what is so different about the rooms compared to the others at the resort?

I stayed in Ranchos standard last year and thought the rooms were really nice - comfortable, spacious, modern. I didn't mind the walk or that my room entrance was outside or being far from the main tower. Will I be blown away by GDT rooms?

Not the rooms themselves, but the Tower is just beautiful.

“Blown away” ? No. Like the shower is nicer but you can see on YouTube videos the rooms aren’t that different. When people rave about the Tower it’s literally about the Tower- the gorgeousness of the public areas, convenience, indoor hallways, views from the rooms.

I love the Tower but I hated my standard CSR room. Stayed in a remodeled one before the tower and was very unhappy with the layout of the building/s (felt like a maze just finding my room) and even though I had a “preferred” room I felt the distance to stuff was too much.

Just booked CSR for next week with AP discount. Want to see the Art Festival at EPCOT, only staying two nights. Anyways, I've not been to CSR in years! Way before the tower was built. Wanted to try Toledo's but it's not open the two nights of our reservation; Monday and Tuesday. What are your favorite eats? We are foodies!

Just booked CSR for next week with AP discount. Want to see the Art Festival at EPCOT, only staying two nights. Anyways, I've not been to CSR in years! Way before the tower was built. Wanted to try Toledo's but it's not open the two nights of our reservation; Monday and Tuesday. What are your favorite eats? We are foodies!
I really liked the Watchos at Rix Sports Bar. They're basically loaded waffle fries with queso and bacon, so good! The roasted corn dip at Three Bridges was really good too.

I am only staying in the GDT for one night and may not get to do it again. Is there anything I must do or see?

The tower is a fantastic addition to CSR. It really solidifies CSR as the Deluxe resort at the Mod price. It's by the far the bang for your buck at WDW.

Personally we love all of CSR. At the times when we go the standard tower room is $100 a night more than the standard rooms. To us it isn't worth it. In December we had a great room in Cabanas 5. Close to the best bus stop, close to the fitness center, close to 3 Bridges and really not far from the food court or lobby.

For those that want the indoor entrance and hotel vibe there is the tower. Also club level and suites available. There really is something for everyone there now.

We just stayed in Ranchos in November and we loved our stay. When I got the alert that we were in Ranchos I was disappointed due to the negativity I read on the boards (too far, long walks, isolated) but it ended up being an awesome stay.

We stopped in the lobby a few times and it is gorgeous but I didn’t feel any FOMO from not staying in the tower. Especially after being on 2-3 buses that skipped the tower bus stop in the morning due to the bus being too full. I certainly didn’t regret staying in Ranchos and most likely would never pay an extra $100+ a night to stay in the tower. You still have access to all of that tower amenities within a short walk now that the bridge is there. Nothing is far even while staying in Ranchos.

We just stayed in Ranchos in November and we loved our stay. When I got the alert that we were in Ranchos I was disappointed due to the negativity I read on the boards (too far, long walks, isolated) but it ended up being an awesome stay.

We stopped in the lobby a few times and it is gorgeous but I didn’t feel any FOMO from not staying in the tower. Especially after being on 2-3 buses that skipped the tower bus stop in the morning due to the bus being too full. I certainly didn’t regret staying in Ranchos and most likely would never pay an extra $100+ a night to stay in the tower. You still have access to all of that tower amenities within a short walk now that the bridge is there. Nothing is far even while staying in Ranchos.
Gotcha, this is what I was thinking. I read a lot of people on these boards recommending CSR - but only if you can get the Tower! - and was genuinely curious. I wandered around the lobby, had a drink at Dahlia Bar... it is pretty. But I was perfectly happy with my standard level room so I think I'll probably stick to those and enjoy the bars and restaurants at the Tower.

That’s too bad because Toledo is fantastic! Truly one of my favorite restaurants on property. Three Bridges has also been great every time for us. DH loves the burger. The apps are especially good to me.

Three Bridges is fantastic - I loved everything, but the burger is probably the best I’ve ever had anywhere, and I eat a lot of burgers, lol

Toledo is yummy, but if you want tapas and don’t feel like leaving the property, you can try the Dahlia Lounge. I was there during Hurricane Nicole, and it was a blessing to have a nice place to have dinner on a night when I was stuck in a hotel.

The Tower is amazing, and I had a great stay. I will say that the buses were an issue. The Tower is the last stop, I believe, and ever day I seemed to experience some significant delay due to either other buses having filled up at the other stops or who knows what. I ended up having to wait 20, 30 minutes sometimes more. I don’t recall ever having such issues when I stayed elsewhere on property, though I admit that was a long time ago

Three Bridges is fantastic - I loved everything, but the burger is probably the best I’ve ever had anywhere, and I eat a lot of burgers, lol

Toledo is yummy, but if you want tapas and don’t feel like leaving the property, you can try the Dahlia Lounge. I was there during Hurricane Nicole, and it was a blessing to have a nice place to have dinner on a night when I was stuck in a hotel.

The Tower is amazing, and I had a great stay. I will say that the buses were an issue. The Tower is the last stop, I believe, and ever day I seemed to experience some significant delay due to either other buses having filled up at the other stops or who knows what. I ended up having to wait 20, 30 minutes sometimes more. I don’t recall ever having such issues when I stayed elsewhere on property, though I admit that was a long time ago

That’s the same week we were there, staying in Ranchos, and saw the bus issues.

That’s the same week we were there, staying in Ranchos, and saw the bus issues.
I don’t think it was all due to the Tower being the last stop, but it was a significant part. I expected to wait - but 30, 40 minutes was over the top bad and got my days off to a rough start

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter