• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you, I am so excited to stay in the tower! We will most likely be renting a car because we plan to do a couple other attractions outside of Disney as well.
I’m in the minority. We were there (in the tower) in January, during the marathon, so a relatively busy time, and we had zero issues with the buses, with the exception of the morning of the marathon, which was an all-around transportation disaster.

Last edited:

I've stayed in the tower 3 times and never experienced any issues with the buses at bus stop #1. And we are rope drop people.
Yep I stayed in the tower July 4th weekend and had no issues with buses except coming back from MK after fireworks on the 4th and obviously all CSR was affected. I was always on the first bus out to parks for rope drop though and I wonder if that’s the difference in people’s experiences. Far less people are on those buses.

Same for us non-tower guests. When we would get up and out early-early, we would often be the only people waiting for a bus.

One day we forgot medication and had to come back to the resort mid morning. Holy smokes. What a difference! The entire bus seating was filled at the first stop. 😳

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is the Three Bridges Bar and Grill easy to get to from the Tower? We are looking at dining options for DH and I. Thanks!

Mostly, yes. You'll have to walk from the tower over to the old Coronado Springs lobby area (where the gift shop is), then head outside towards the waterfront bar, and go towards the bridge leading out to 3 Bridges. Don't forget to join the walk-up list through the My Disney Experience app!

We are staying club level June 2nd through the 9th. Will we be contacted prior to arrival? Just curious and thank you in advance!

We are staying club level June 2nd through the 9th. Will we be contacted prior to arrival? Just curious and thank you in advance!
YMMV, but I was not contacted for my January stay by the Chronos Club CMs. They were fabulous while we were there, though. You might ask the question on the Club Level thread.

Edit: I see you asked there as well already.

You should be contacted by letter.
I was not contacted by phone call or letter - unless you count the letter that was waiting for me in my hotel room after I had checked in, but like I stated above ymmv. I have always been contacted by all other clubs with the exception of BC. That one is hit or miss. January was my first stay at Chronos Club (it was the only one we had never tried), and we received no pre-stay communication. It would not deter me from staying again, as it was an overall lovely experience.

So we just came back from a split stay at CSR and CBR and it was awesome once again! Second time at CSR in 2 months this time at Casitas Building #4. Very close to Bus stop# 2 and not too terrible of a walk to El Centro. These past 2 trips were adult only trips so we had a great time. We went ahead and booked a standard room at an awesome AP rate at the end of May to take our kids for 5 days.

Being that it is standard, what section/building should I attempt to request? We do not find the walks too bad as the 3 bridges seems to help with that. Only concern would be a thunderstorm or any significant rain. I tested out this theory out last week during a storm that If needed and even though it would be a longer walk, If I were to stay in any of the Casitas buildings 1-5 you can find a covered walkway all the way to the Convention Center or Maya Gril/El Centro. Not so much with the other areas.

All suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

We are booked for a standard view room May 17-23. I have come up with a significant knee issue (and need a total knee replacement) so will be using crutches for much of the time. Although we'll have a car, I'd like to be able to walk to El Centro. What buildings would you suggest that are a fairly short walk- I need to have dinner at Toledo!

So we just came back from a split stay at CSR and CBR and it was awesome once again! Second time at CSR in 2 months this time at Casitas Building #4. Very close to Bus stop# 2 and not too terrible of a walk to El Centro. These past 2 trips were adult only trips so we had a great time. We went ahead and booked a standard room at an awesome AP rate at the end of May to take our kids for 5 days.

Being that it is standard, what section/building should I attempt to request? We do not find the walks too bad as the 3 bridges seems to help with that. Only concern would be a thunderstorm or any significant rain. I tested out this theory out last week during a storm that If needed and even though it would be a longer walk, If I were to stay in any of the Casitas buildings 1-5 you can find a covered walkway all the way to the Convention Center or Maya Gril/El Centro. Not so much with the other areas.

All suggestions welcomed. Thanks.
Casitas 1-3 our preferred category. Casitas 4 is our favorite location. Close to stop 2 (1st pick-up) and I use the fitness center which is in the building. We were in Casitas 5 last time and we really enjoyed that location as well.

The Cabanas building are a touch closer to the tower if that is a priority.

We are booked for a standard view room May 17-23. I have come up with a significant knee issue (and need a total knee replacement) so will be using crutches for much of the time. Although we'll have a car, I'd like to be able to walk to El Centro. What buildings would you suggest that are a fairly short walk- I need to have dinner at Toledo!
The closest standard view rooms to the tower are in Cabanas 8C.

Agreed with the PP. If you want to have dinner at Toledo, 8c is the closest to the tower. If you want to mainly eat at Rix's Sport Bar, El Mercado and/or Maya Grill casitas 1 or 3 would be best but those rooms are preferred.

So since Cafe Rix has been downgraded post-pandemic to a morning-only option, what serves as Coronado’s early morning to late evening grab and go now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter