Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Stayed in the tower April 21-24 standard room 11th floor room 9111, it was awesome. The room is good size and loved the bathroom. View was amazing, especially at night. Could see ToT, GE and BB. No noise from other rooms.
I liked the elevator system, but several times people did not want the 2 of us in THEIR elevator. LOL
No issues with buses and they came on time according to the monitor. Ate breakfast every morning at RIX, the food court is still food under a hot lamp.
I didn’t get the memo about the cheer/dance groups, so that was the only bad thing. Lines and people EVERYWHERE. Talked to another couple on the bus and they were staying club level and said it was basically taken over by the cheer/dance moms.
I would stay in the tower again, just at a different time.

Stayed in the tower April 21-24 standard room 11th floor room 9111, it was awesome. The room is good size and loved the bathroom. View was amazing, especially at night. Could see ToT, GE and BB. No noise from other rooms.
I liked the elevator system, but several times people did not want the 2 of us in THEIR elevator. LOL
No issues with buses and they came on time according to the monitor. Ate breakfast every morning at RIX, the food court is still food under a hot lamp.
I didn’t get the memo about the cheer/dance groups, so that was the only bad thing. Lines and people EVERYWHERE. Talked to another couple on the bus and they were staying club level and said it was basically taken over by the cheer/dance moms.
April and first two weeks of may is cheer/dance month at Disney

Hi, everybody!
I’m going to Disney for the first time!! I’m staying at All Star Music, my checkout is also my last park day (probably Epcot). But I’ll be staying for another night and the rate of All Star Music and Coronado Springs are basically the same. Do you guys believe staying at Coronado would be a good idea or should I stick with All Star? It would be basically to sleep and enjoy the next morning hours. I’m in doubt because Coronado seems huge and I would have to walk with suitcases after a long park day. But also Coronado offers better amenities than All Star.

Hi, everybody!
I’m going to Disney for the first time!! I’m staying at All Star Music, my checkout is also my last park day (probably Epcot). But I’ll be staying for another night and the rate of All Star Music and Coronado Springs are basically the same. Do you guys believe staying at Coronado would be a good idea or should I stick with All Star? It would be basically to sleep and enjoy the next morning hours. I’m in doubt because Coronado seems huge and I would have to walk with suitcases after a long park day. But also Coronado offers better amenities than All Star.
I wouldn’t change resorts under these conditions.

Doesn’t matter about amenities if you aren’t going to use them.

If you’re just basically there to sleep and enjoy the next morning hours I’d suggest staying at ASM.

We are booked for a standard view room May 17-23. I have come up with a significant knee issue (and need a total knee replacement) so will be using crutches for much of the time. Although we'll have a car, I'd like to be able to walk to El Centro. What buildings would you suggest that are a fairly short walk- I need to have dinner at Toledo!
An ECV. If you’re worried about the walk to El Centro or Toledo the parks are going to wreck you. You don’t want to damage your arms on top of that knee :( The disAbilities board here has all sorts of suggestions for ECV providers and lots of people who know tips and tricks for first timers.

Hi, everybody!
stay put. A few morning hours to use the amenities are not worth the hassle of moving.

Keep check AS. You may find the night opens up at a discount rate at any point before your trip.

What’s the current menu for Cafe Rix for breakfast? The one on WDW and all ears are different so it’s confusing me?

Any hot items or just pastries etc?

What’s the current menu for Cafe Rix for breakfast? The one on WDW and all ears are different so it’s confusing me?

Any hot items or just pastries etc?
We ate at the sports bar for breakfast, it’s table service. It was very good and fast. The bakery is the cafe rix I believe, it has lots of baked goods. It looked like breakfast sandwiches under a hot lamp, that’s a no for me. We did pick up one of the giant donuts one day and it was really good. I usually use all ears for menus when I am looking, it seems more current.

Staying at GDT 6/20-6/25 and right now have a Standard Tower reservation...trying to decide if I want to change to Water view...which would have the best chance of a fireworks view?

Staying at GDT 6/20-6/25 and right now have a Standard Tower reservation...trying to decide if I want to change to Water view...which would have the best chance of a fireworks view?
I think Standard is your best bet?
We've only stayed in water view (even if we book standard, they always seem to move us) and have never been able to see fireworks. Although, the water is beautiful and you can get a pretty awesome view of Expedition Everest.

With CSR being a favorite for Disney to put tour groups, I don't know if we will ever stay there again. I love CSR, but I can't take the chance of being there with the potential of different groups (end of January time frame) being there.

In 2014 I was able to find out about Pop Warner being at POR the same week we were scheduled there. I was able to push it forward to the next week, which I was so grateful.

With CSR being a favorite for Disney to put tour groups, I don't know if we will ever stay there again. I love CSR, but I can't take the chance of being there with the potential of different groups (end of January time frame) being there.

In 2014 I was able to find out about Pop Warner being at POR the same week we were scheduled there. I was able to push it forward to the next week, which I was so grateful.
How'd you find out?

I know you can get free water and ice from any quick service restaurant at Disney, but given that El Mercado isn't actually run by Disney, can you still get free water here?

I'm hoping to fill up my water bottle before heading out to the parks.

Looking forward to our return to CSR at the end of the month. Currently have standard room and have added a request for Casitas Building 4! Hopefully that comes to fruition if not we will happily deal with it :-) .

You don’t mean tour groups at all. You’re specifically singling out the dance and cheer kids. Their resorts vary every year. We’ve been at Coronado during Pop Warner and mid-year cheer and dance competitions, and we’ve never had an issue with the chaperones and their kids. I don’t what people expect from Walt Disney World, but kids expressing the joy of being kids is a given. I’m autistic and noise sensitive. Noisy cheers might mean using noise canceling headphones for me. The same goes for fireworks noise in the parks for me. But expecting to avoid kids massively, loudly, joyfully being kids at WDW? Isn’t that the entire point of Disney World? I think you need to re-calibrate your expectations.

You don’t mean tour groups at all. You’re specifically singling out the dance and cheer kids. Their resorts vary every year. We’ve been at Coronado during Pop Warner and mid-year cheer and dance competitions, and we’ve never had an issue with the chaperones and their kids. I don’t what people expect from Walt Disney World, but kids expressing the joy of being kids is a given. I’m autistic and noise sensitive. Noisy cheers might mean using noise canceling headphones for me. The same goes for fireworks noise in the parks for me. But expecting to avoid kids massively, loudly, joyfully being kids at WDW? Isn’t that the entire point of Disney World? I think you need to re-calibrate your expectations.
There are other tour groups in January. I don't know of any cheer groups that come in January. But I do know of the Brazilian tour groups during then. I will manage my expectations by most likely staying Deluxe I guess.

We'll be there as part of the dreaded large group of kids. (Girl Scouts National Convention in July, in case anyone wants to change their reservations ;-)
We're Disney veterans, but this will be my first time at Coronado in ages. Looking at MDE, it looks like El Mercado is the only lunch option. Is that correct? That seems odd for a convention resort. What's my best bet for getting some food in hangry tweens around lunch time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter