• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We do the Marathon every year.... I make sure to bring my patience!
We always do Marathon, too, since it’s right before school starts back up, but last year was our first at a hotel that wasn‘t walkable to a park. We enjoyed it enough that the hassles of Marathon Sunday didn’t deter us from booking Chronos Club again! May the odds be ever in our favor!

Some issues on Coronado Springs that people need to be aware of.

1. If you are planning to use Instacar or Doordash, I wasn't able to get it done on this Hotel. Either no restaurants show up, or an error saying that they don't deliver to that address. I did get Grubhub to work though.

2. If you are renting or bringing a scooter, I would not recommend this hotel. It have multiple stops, so waiting for a bus that have room for scooter can be next to impossible. If you stand in the first or second bus stop, the bus is full with people returning from the parks or Disney Springs. If you stop on third or fourth, then it's full with people going to the park or Disney Springs. We waited over 6 buses and over and 90 minutes be able to go go Disney Springs (and we were the only scooter waiting).

The buses don't even had scooter on them. They just filled up the space with people. There was no communication between drivers to let others know that a scooter was waiting.

The buses on Marathon day are nightmare. The screen announcing arrivals was waaaay off on estimates. We stayed CSR last year during the marathon, and I‘d suggest you either lie low until the marathon runners are past (assuming they use the same route) or splurge for a MV since they’ll know the routes that are closed. We finally ditched the bus stop and took an Uber, and the guy drove us directly into a barricaded road. We were directed to do a uey, and he had to remap for another route, which Ubers aren’t really supposed to do. It took us 45 minutes, once in the Uber, to get to AK. The rest of the days were smooth sailing; we’re staying there again this year during the same time, and we‘ll be prepared for the traffic!
I will be in that pack of runners running past CSR. We usually don't use the buses at WDW. We always have a rental car, so we pretty much drive ourselves to the parks. My worry is getting back to CSR after I am done with the marathon. I guess I will turn on Waze and hope it directs me in the correct path.

I will be in that pack of runners running past CSR. We usually don't use the buses at WDW. We always have a rental car, so we pretty much drive ourselves to the parks. My worry is getting back to CSR after I am done with the marathon. I guess I will turn on Waze and hope it directs me in the correct path.
Good luck! We like to cheer on the runners, so maybe I’ll be doing it as you pass!

1. If you are planning to use Instacar or Doordash, I wasn't able to get it done on this Hotel. Either no restaurants show up, or an error saying that they don't deliver to that address. I did get Grubhub to work though.

2. If you are renting or bringing a scooter, I would not recommend this hotel. It have multiple stops, so waiting for a bus that have room for scooter can be next to impossible. If you stand in the first or second bus stop, the bus is full with people returning from the parks or Disney Springs. If you stop on third or fourth, then it's full with people going to the park or Disney Springs. We waited over 6 buses and over and 90 minutes be able to go go Disney Springs (and we were the only scooter waiting).

The buses don't even had scooter on them. They just filled up the space with people. There was no communication between drivers to let others know that a scooter was waiting.
Thank you for posting about Door Dash. Going to Disney Springs,, which is the first bus stop ?

Hoping it's still up for Marathon weekend. It is early this year, and in the past, decorations were left up. Do you have a pic of the tree?

Crazy about the Instacart thing!

The scooter thing was a bunch of lazy drivers. They absolutely have the ability to call Central or whatever and tell them more buses are needed. On multiple occasions drivers have told us they told them to send another bus. I would absolutely write Disney guest services about that. Inexcusable.

The scooter thing was a bunch of lazy drivers. They absolutely have the ability to call Central or whatever and tell them more buses are needed. On multiple occasions drivers have told us they told them to send another bus. I would absolutely write Disney guest services about that. Inexcusable.
i suspect the Instacart issue was an address issue. We had groceries delivered (instacart via Publix) as recently as 2 weeks ago. I have not tried Door Dash.

i suspect the Instacart issue was an address issue. We had groceries delivered (instacart via Publix) as recently as 2 weeks ago. I have not tried Door Dash.
I tried inputting CSR’s address* into Instacart as a test and had the same thing as op did happen. Think I’ll shoot them a message (I have an upcoming stay I planned to use Instacart on lol). @shaqfor3 did you message Instacart about the address error by chance?

ETA* it was the wrong address. Don’t trust Google kids!

Last edited:
For some reason the delivery companies don't like the WEST in the address. Try removing it or placing it after Dr to get it to work.

For some reason the delivery companies don't like the WEST in the address. Try removing it or placing it after Dr to get it to work.
It’s the address. Instacart auto pulls up 1000 when you search Disney’s Coronado Springs but the address according Disney & Apple Maps is actually 1001. Enter 1001 and no zip code/street mismatch anymore for Instacart.

I suspect this ultimately boils down to an error with Google Maps as they have 1000 as CSR’s address and 1001 as down the road by blizzard beach. Maybe Instacart uses google searching to source the address and Apple Maps to map it?

I tried inputting CSR’s address* into Instacart as a test and had the same thing as op did happen. Think I’ll shoot them a message (I have an upcoming stay I planned to use Instacart on lol). @shaqfor3 did you message Instacart about the address error by chance?

ETA* it was the wrong address. Don’t trust Google kids!
No I was more preocupied with DoorDash. It was a split stay with Pop Century, so we had no issues at Pop and had our groceries delivered there. I just tried Publix/Instacar later at Coronado to see what address shows there and had the same issue.

I tried 1000, 1001, with West on it, No West on it, Coronado Circle (here the restaurants showed up but got a zip code error later on).

All drivers said they are sorry, nothing they could do and kept going.

We did complain and got a 2 vouchers for a taxi service that can transport scooter for the 2 days we were going to the parks. We had no issue coming back from the parks on the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter