Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Is it true you have to have your license with you while driving the cart around? We usually put all our id in the safe. I love magicbands and not needing anything when we leave our room/cabin and would hate to have to worry about losing id at the pool etc.

Is it true you have to have your license with you while driving the cart around? We usually put all our id in the safe. I love magicbands and not needing anything when we leave our room/cabin and would hate to have to worry about losing id at the pool etc.

Leaving all ID's in the room/safe is really not a great idea. What if something unforeseen happened? It is risky not to have any ID on you no matter where you are. Life happens. We always carry ID and insurance cards.

Hi! I have a question about the Meadows snack bar. I read on the Disney site that it closes at 5 PM which feels really early to me especially in April. We were planning on returning from the parks around 4 or so and having dinner at the pool but I am thinking that is not possible? Does anyone have experience if this snack bar opens past 5 PM? Thanks for any help :-)

Hi! I have a question about the Meadows snack bar. I read on the Disney site that it closes at 5 PM which feels really early to me especially in April. We were planning on returning from the parks around 4 or so and having dinner at the pool but I am thinking that is not possible? Does anyone have experience if this snack bar opens past 5 PM? Thanks for any help :-)

The 2 times we stayed at the Fort, June and October, the snack bar closed at 5.

Yes, it's true. Any person driving a cart must have a valid DL on them.

I just read about the campfire ban and am wondering if Chip and Dale's singalong is still happening without the campfire? We head down next week and any info would be great, we are really looking forward to this :-)

Good Afternoon!

I saw a question posted on 'Official MNSSHP 2017" thread and I'm not sure how to help this fellow DISer:

@abnihon "I've never been to Fort Wilderness before but want to check out the decorations while we're there for the Sleep Hollow event. Will there be a decent number of sites decorated by Oct 14th? Any areas in particular that are good? Can we walk around campsites from the Ranch or would we have to take the bus?"

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure there are many pp who plan to attend The Sleepy Hollow Event.
Thank you!

I've heard that the premium pet loops reserve quickly, how far in advance should we make reservations? We were waiting until the 2018 packages were announced but will they take earlier reservations for premium sites first?

I've heard that the premium pet loops reserve quickly, how far in advance should we make reservations? We were waiting until the 2018 packages were announced but will they take earlier reservations for premium sites first?

When they release the package rates for 2018, it will be across the board, not just a specific site type.

When they release the package rates for 2018, it will be across the board, not just a specific site type.
So we wouldn't be able to make reservations on the camping site before the packages are released? I guess that's my question is will we run the risk of not getting a premium site if we wait until the packages are released? It may not be an option to reserve before the package release but I know a lot of Dis fans reserve in October and December.

So we wouldn't be able to make reservations on the camping site before the packages are released? I guess that's my question is will we run the risk of not getting a premium site if we wait until the packages are released? It may not be an option to reserve before the package release but I know a lot of Dis fans reserve in October and December.
You can make any room/site only reservation at 499 days. You have to call to reserve and the room quote is the highest rate of the current year. You make a one night payment on the reservation.

You can always make a "room" only reservation for 2018 now like tobikaye says as long as all your nights are within the 499 night window. They use the previous year's rates for those same dates to book your deposit (one night) when the reservation is made (it's not the highest of the year, tobikaye, because I've never been charged christmas rates as a deposit for a non-christmas stay). Then when 2018 rates are released some time this summer which will include package rates, you can covert your room only reservation to a package by adding tickets and/or dining and then of course you fall under package rules for payments.

At least this way you have your dates locked in and a spot available.

If you have more questions, check over on the Camping Forum here on the DIS. https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Bama Ed

PS - I'm sitting on a January 2018 reservation now. Booking and holding with 2017 rates does not "lock in" the rate. When the 2018 rates are announced, your total cost for your stay will adjust to the new rates and you will owe the total less whatever deposit you pay if you keep it as a room only reservation. Same philosophy applies to packages.

Does anyone know if the refurbed Cabins have a DVD player? I am carrying around my Rogue One DVD and hoping to find a place to watch, life is just too busy. Kicking back at the Cabins May 1 to 12.

I just read about the campfire ban and am wondering if Chip and Dale's singalong is still happening without the campfire? We head down next week and any info would be great, we are really looking forward to this :-)

We just got an email about the campfire ban, and they said that the singalong and movie would still be happening.

So we're basically trying to decide between AKL Kidani 1 BR and the Cabin, but I'm worried about 4 adults and 1 bathroom. For those who have done it, did it mean long mornings or are there other getting ready spaces available?

Its really a non issue for us. If we have 6, we always stay at the cabins. The bathroom is fairly large, so two can be in, 1 at the sink and one in the shower. We also use the kitchen sink for washing faces, brushing teeth. Almost always have at least 4 adults and 2 kids, many times with 6 adults.

Hey everyone, this may have been answered already. Curious if the walking nature trail is still open connecting the lodge and FW. Last trip in September 2015 they had just put huge dumpsters back there and started clearing a lot of brush. I'm worried the trail is either developed or no longer accessible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter