Disney's Grand California Hotel

MicheleandAngie

Earning My Ears
I'm going to book my husband and our 5 yr old daughter for 4 days in March. What's up with the Pinnochio's workshop? Do you have to book that at the same time that you book your hotel? Sounds like they only take 10 kids. I want to workout everyday so it would be nice to get my daughter in that workshop for an hour a day. Please let me know. Thanks! :banana:
Michele :flower:

The best way to find out would be to call the hotel and ask directly. Though I've stayed there many times, I don't have kids so I can't comment.

I did phone them and that's how I found out that it's $13.00/hr. I'm in Canada and I'm a stay at home mom so we're trying to save money by asking a forum instead of phoning them every time I have a question.
Thanks. :wave2:
Michele

You might get info by emailing vacation planning?

I am not finding any detailed info on this anywhere. Weird. The only thing I have stumbled upon is that the hours are from 5pm to midnight only. That may be old info though. I'm sure you don't have to make reservations at the same time you book the hotel, but couldn't say how far in advance you would need to make them. We'll be staying at the GC in September, but our oldest daughter won't be five yet, so it's not an option for us. Sorry! I searched a lot of other boards trying to find answers for you and just couldn't find anything other than the hours.

Someone out there has to have used Pinnochio's Workshop before. I'm sure they will read and respond before long...

Pinocchio's Workshop accommodates children of guests staying at the three Disneyland Resort hotels. They take children ages 5-12, and from 5pm to midnight. The cost is $13/hr per child, and if you'd like a meal then it's an additional $5 per child. They take a family picture when you drop off your little ones, and also give the parents a pager in case they need to get in touch.

I made reservations for clients of mine a couple of weeks before they arrived, and had no problem. When I talked to them, they told me a couple of days would be fine. If you were really concerned about availability, you could try 30 days in advance, and they will need to make sure you are in their hotel system.

Wow thank you so much guys! :love: That was SO nice of you! I'm feeling the love around here.
So what's the best view? The garden/court side quieter view? Or the park view? I want to see the fireworks but I don't want to here loud music playing all night or kids in the pool. Is it better to be on an upper floor? :confused3
Michele

I think the upper floor is always better. You can request a view, but of course, Disney won't guarantee it.

I stayed in a Downtown Disney view room, 4th floor, at Christmas -- there was music playing, but when we closed the glass door to the balcony we couldn't hear anything.

Of course. :)

Dreams Unlimited Travel is a sponsor of one of the boards of the DIS and the owner of the DIS is also intimately involved with Dreams.

Quotes are free, and if you'd like us to give you a quote for the Grand Californian, or any Disney hotel, just go to the link in my signature.

Just so you know, though. Disney hasn't released the prices for their rooms for next year yet. They can release them anytime between July & October of this year.

Sorry to hijack the post but I was wondering if I could ask you a question Mary Jo.

If I book and pay for a Downtown Disney View will I get that or can they still put me in a standard room? If this is true do I get a refund. I booked and paid a deposit on a standard room but then decided that I wanted a DTD room and have paid an extra $350 for this view.

I am hoping this means I am guaranteed a DTD view if I am paying for it.

Many thanks
::MickeyMo Aussie ::MickeyMo

Hi aussiemum & welcome to the DIS :)

If you pay for a DtD view, then you will get that. I have never heard of the Grand Californian putting someone in a standard room when they have paid for a better view. The choices that are not guaranteed would be 2 queens and a daybed, or queen and bunkbeds, connecting rooms, refrigerator, and stuff like that.

One thing I did learn, though, is that if there are five in your party, the fifth person may get a sleeping bag, since the GC doesn't have rollaways, and if they should arrive after all the rooms with beds for five have been taken. So if you are going in a busy time (like Thanksgiving weekend, week between Christmas & New Years) you need to keep that in mind.

Thanks Mary Jo for the info. We are travelling mid December but we will only have 4 in our room. I have not told the kids about the bunk beds so if we do get them they will be surprised.

Thanks again
::MickeyMo aussie ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter