Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

For those who have been to DL in the fast few years will understand the new system faster. It seems to be pretty similar.

However the deluxe resort perk so far seems pretty lame. Only 2 nights ? I’m never there on a Monday night . Rarely on a Wednesday as well.

I will be at AKL next weekend in CL. Keep an eye on cl and AKL threads for pix if interested. Can’t wait for cl !

Well, people generally say good things about DL MaxPass and it has some undertones of that system, so I’m going to reserve judgement until actual use, I guess. I’m trying not to be one to resist change and just have an open mind - things usually are never as bad as feared/discussed when Disney makes big changes. But sitting here as an armchair quarterback, it sure does seem confusing/complicated. Tickets, park reservations, genie, genie+, LL, standby, virtual queues - just a lot going on!

This is where I’m at with it. Open-minded and not resistant to change or upcharges (hello dessert parties). Maybe more skeptical though because I was an FP+ power user and I’m selfishly quite dubious about anything that promises to level playing fields I had an advantage on lol. On paper I didn’t like MaxPass either for that reason but I never went to DLR when it was a thing so I can’t fairly judge. I’m very curious to see how it will all shake out, and also whether this massive backlash will see changes to the program before it launches.

I’m just worried about being the guinea pigs for it over the 50th, going in blind. I really hope it launches before then.

This is where I’m at with it. Open-minded and not resistant to change or upcharges (hello dessert parties). Maybe more skeptical though because I was an FP+ power user and I’m selfishly quite dubious about anything that promises to level playing fields I had an advantage on lol. On paper I didn’t like MaxPass either for that reason but I never went to DLR when it was a thing so I can’t fairly judge. I’m very curious to see how it will all shake out, and also whether this massive backlash will see changes to the program before it launches.

I’m just worried about being the guinea pigs for it over the 50th, going in blind. I really hope it launches before then.
Dd and I rode EVERYTHING at DL. The system works great for rope drop people. You could run back and forth between parks and get passes for both.

If they keep the 2pm hopping time is what concerns me. IF I am at AK there just isn't enough to do. We are done by 10-10:30 and then have no where to go. Usually end up at DS but don't care for it.

Dd and I rode EVERYTHING at DL. The system works great for rope drop people. You could run back and forth between parks and get passes for both.

If they keep the 2pm hopping time is what concerns me. IF I am at AK there just isn't enough to do. We are done by 10-10:30 and then have no where to go. Usually end up at DS but don't care for it.

Nice! We are rope drop people so that’s good to hear. I was wondering if it might be like FP where the move is to rope drop and start booking rides in late morning. That’s what we used to do all the time, except the lazy days when we would wander in during late afternoon after hanging out at the resort all day. I hope we will still be able to do that.

AK hopping time is fine for us because we’re both super into animals and like to wander around the trails when we’re done with rides there. Rafiki was not open when we last went together and gf is really looking forward to it. Petting the babies is therapeutic lol

I will be relying on all the DISers to use the new Genie system and report back with all the tips and tricks and create threads dedicated to such. We will not be able to visit WDW until at least late summer or fall of next year so I should have PLENTY of time to read up :surfweb:

I am bummed about the FP+ system being gone though. Like others, we were heavy users and knew the tricks. It made it easier to plan trips actually. I am unsure how this new system will fit into my planning compulsion for Disney trips. Sigh.....

So in browsing availability for a possible spring break trip next year, I noticed that the Grand Suite is now able to be booked online. When did this happen?!

I can't seem to find any dates where it's showing as available yet but I'm very curious to see the pricing. Or maybe I'm not. I've always wanted to stay in that suite...maybe by the time I retire 25 years from now :rotfl2: :cloud9:

So in browsing availability for a possible spring break trip next year, I noticed that the Grand Suite is now able to be booked online. When did this happen?!

I can't seem to find any dates where it's showing as available yet but I'm very curious to see the pricing. Or maybe I'm not. I've always wanted to stay in that suite...maybe by the time I retire 25 years from now :rotfl2: :cloud9:
598255I managed to find a few nights the price was showing 12/21/2022 - 12/22/2022
598256 08/22/2022 - 08/23/2022

View attachment 598255I managed to find a few nights the price was showing 12/21/2022 - 12/22/2022
View attachment 598256 08/22/2022 - 08/23/2022
I apparently need to visit in August. That's less than the outer building 2 bedroom suite for the April dates I was looking at and less than the price we're paying for the VP suite at the Poly this fall! I was expecting much worse. Thank you for doing some digging!

I apparently need to visit in August. That's less than the outer building 2 bedroom suite for the April dates I was looking at and less than the price we're paying for the VP suite at the Poly this fall! I was expecting much worse. Thank you for doing some digging!
I was also pleasantly surprised for some of the dates! I booked a night before my cruise next year. I hope they keep all suites bookable online it makes it so much easier.

I was also pleasantly surprised for some of the dates! I booked a night before my cruise next year. I hope they keep all suites bookable online it makes it so much easier.
I agree. We're a family of 6 and my mom usually travels with us so we typically need either a villa or a suite unless we want to break up into separate rooms (which really won't work well for us until the kids are teens). We prefer to have a suite since the convenience of CL can't be beat with 4 kids who prefer to snack rather than eat a full meal. I'm loving that more suites are now available online!

:flower3: Good afternoon fellow GF fans..hope that every one is staying well..and enjoying booking planning or being on their Disney trips...
After a very long hiatus..like many of you..longest ever since I started going in the early 70s with my own parents...last month my DD and I finally felt comfortable enough to travel and get back to our happy place! We did a split stay..like we often do...BWI/GF...and it was so very nice to be at the GF...we always stay CL..so it was definitely a different kind of trip..but then it was that in many ways...still...sooo enjoyable...and..even with many many GF trips under my belt...after being away for over a year and a half...the beauty and charm of the GF was just more obvious than ever....
We were actually in a TPV room in the main building..so it felt like home..but..with the whole family being gone some where...lol...
A true highlight was watching fireworks from our balcony..(there seems to be a new and better sound system and we could hear the music from the speakers in the area below loud and clear!)with take out dining from the GF Cafe..although not available on the app for take out...evidently you can walk to the podium and order...I was told that you can do this at Narcoosees as well..just a tip for anyone interested in meals from either of those places..and who doesn't want to dine there...since it is always about the food...lol..we did do a walk up one evening at Narcoosees..of course this is much more likely to happen if you are a small party..and early in evening...the meal was delicious as always!
I took so many pictures..yup..I'm a tied to my phone..taking pics of every darn thing kinda girl...lol...especially after beingaway for so long...
While we really did miss the GF Society orchestra..it was a pleasure to see and hear Wes working his magic on the piano in the afternoon...
I will try and post some of my pictures..and I look forward to seeing new ones of anyone who will be going soon...pictures are the best Disney fix!
Next up..50th anniversary trip...woohoo..cannot wait..CR /BWI stay for us!
As always..posting a novel..lol..forgive me...hope to be popping in and chatting more...and sharing the excitement of the approaching 50th anniversary!!
Hope you are all having a fantastic Friday!!

Last edited:
:flower3: Good afternoon fellow GF fans..hope that every one is staying well..and enjoying booking planning or being on their Disney trips...
After a very long hiatus..like many of you..longest ever since I started going in the early 70s with my own parents...last month my DD and I finally felt comfortable enough to travel and get back to our happy place! We did a split stay..like we often do...BWI/GF...and it was so very nice to be at the GF...we always stay CL..so it was definitely a different kind of trip..but then it was that in many ways...still...sooo enjoyable...and..even with many many GF trips under my belt...after being away for over a year and a half...the beauty and charm of the GF was just more obvious than ever....
We were actually in a TPV room in the main building..so it felt like home..but..with the whole family being gone some where...lol...
A true highlight was watching fireworks from our balcony..(there seems to be a new and better sound system and we could hear the music from the speakers in the area below loud and clear!)with take out dining from the GF Cafe..although not available on the app for take out...evidently you can walk to the podium and order...I was told that you can do this at Narcoosees as well..just a tip for anyone interested in meals from either of those places..and who doesn't want to dine there...since it is always about the food...lol..we did do a walk up one evening at Narcoosees..of course this is much more likely to happen if you are a small party..and early in evening...the meal was delicious as always!
I took so many pictures..yup..I'm a tied to my phone..taking pics of every darn thing kinda girl...lol...especially after beingaway for so long...
While we really did miss the GF Society orchestra..it was a pleasure to see and hear Wes working his magic on the piano in the afternoon...
I will try and post some of my pictures..and I look forward to seeing new ones of anyone who will be going soon...pictures are the best Disney fix!
As always..posting a novel..lol..forgive me...hope to be popping in and chatting more...and sharing the excitement of the approaching 50th anniversary!!
We are waiting lol! Pix please!

Good to see you back here!

Happy you had a great trip! Can’t wait to see the pictures 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter