Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

OMG! I'm literally sitting here thinking about whether or not to take advantage of my CM daughter's discount and switch from the GF to the Riviera for the 50th and you post this picture! I'm taking this as a sign that I should stay at the GF (which I love)! Do you mind sharing what building/room category? I'm assuming lagoon view, a view I've never had... but LOVE! Thank you for sharing!

I went a couple of weeks ago, including a Friday night Boo Bash. We had a party of 8, and "raced" to the MK from the GF via the various transport option several times. We split up between the Walking Path, Boat and Monorail. I always took the walking path on an ECV/Scooter, so I was going at pretty good clip (my teens were at a brisk walk). The rest of the group would split between the monorail and the boat. On the way to the Magic Kingdom, the boat nearly always beat me to the MK by about 1 minute. On one occasion I beat the boat by 1 minute. The boat comes to the GF dock very frequently and goes straight to the MK (it does not stop at the Poly). While on the walking path I had fun waving to my crew on the boat and often to the boat captain, who had been informed that we were "racing". The walking path and boaters usually beat the monorail riders, which surprised me (maybe just timing with the arrival of the monorail... I don't know). Prior to this experiment, I'd have assumed that the monorail would be much faster, but that's not what I experienced. On the return to the GF after Boo Bash, most of my group was tired and opted to take the monorail. I dallied at the MK doing some shopping. I left probably 20-30 minutes later than those who'd taken the monorail and returned via the walking path. I was sitting by the marina enjoying the night view of the castle when to my surprise, here came my monorail group. I'd left the MK 20-30 minutes later and beat them back to the GF. They literally yelled "How did you beat us?!" I was surprised.

😂 I thought we were the only ones who do that!!! DH and DS always wants to take the walking path back, but DD and I opt for the boat. Hell no I’m not waking any more than I have to!!!! They ALWAYS beat us back, but then again, they cheat (run/jog). They forget we can actually see them on the path!! Jerks. 😆

Last edited:
Similar question- how early does the boat start taking guests over? We’ll be at MK on the 1st. Wondering if we should just walk over that morning (which is the plan but the boat sounds like a good option, too)

Similar question- how early does the boat start taking guests over? We’ll be at MK on the 1st. Wondering if we should just walk over that morning (which is the plan but the boat sounds like a good option, too)

Monorail to MK - Boat/Walk back. That’s our rule. 🙂 Monorail is typically quicker. Not sure about starting hours, though, never go to the parks that early!

They usually say they begin running 45 min prior to park opening, but I've had times when they start running earlier than the official time. That day though... it might be kind of crazy, and longer waits for the boats. I'm taking the path. You could always check the line for the boat and then decide.

OMG! I'm literally sitting here thinking about whether or not to take advantage of my CM daughter's discount and switch from the GF to the Riviera for the 50th and you post this picture! I'm taking this as a sign that I should stay at the GF (which I love)! Do you mind sharing what building/room category? I'm assuming lagoon view, a view I've never had... but LOVE! Thank you for sharing!
It is so lovely! We are in a one bedroom lagoon view in the villas. 5th floor. The view is lovely and the room is spotless.

They usually say they begin running 45 min prior to park opening, but I've had times when they start running earlier than the official time. That day though... it might be kind of crazy, and longer waits for the boats. I'm taking the path. You could always check the line for the boat and then decide.
Also great advice, thanks!

Can you explain to me how a person starts a thred.

So, if for example, say you wanted to start a thread here in the Resorts section… you begin by scrolling to the top of the page and you’ll see a Button that says “POST THREAD”. Click on it. It willl open another page. Just fill in the title of the thread and write what you want, then post it! Good luck!

3B958D57-354D-469C-9D1D-DAF2CAB708B0.jpeg

98C08EDF-E83C-4D29-A5AE-F4B03C90E36C.jpeg

We were at the Yacht club in August- no beds made, no garbage removal (even with an infant and poopy diapers in room). 🤢

We have a stay coming up in Feb 2022 at the GF. I know no one can predict the future, but are beds currently being made? I am sad to potentially miss the optional turndown service, my toddler son would love finding a chocolate on his pillow.

Also, can you still request child sized robes? I would love to get a family picture in those plush GF robes!

Thanks!

On another note- any building/floor suggestions to request and cross our fingers? We have a standard room- lagoon view.

Stayed at GF last night. Yesterday the boats were going from GF to Poly then MK. This is the first I've heard of the boats going to another resort. Maybe there's hope that they continue to resume boats between resorts regularly.

We were at the Yacht club in August- no beds made, no garbage removal (even with an infant and poopy diapers in room). 🤢

We have a stay coming up in Feb 2022 at the GF. I know no one can predict the future, but are beds currently being made? I am sad to potentially miss the optional turndown service, my toddler son would love finding a chocolate on his pillow.

Also, can you still request child sized robes? I would love to get a family picture in those plush GF robes!

Thanks!

On another note- any building/floor suggestions to request and cross our fingers? We have a standard room- lagoon view.
We had a split stay between GF and YC in June, so we were there before you. But I have to say, in our experience, Mousekeeping did a much better job at GF. At GF, towels were replaced and trash was removed every day. They would also tidy up a bit. Much less was done at YC and it was every other day. Hopefully by February, things will be more normal for your trip.

Stayed at GF last night. Yesterday the boats were going from GF to Poly then MK. This is the first I've heard of the boats going to another resort. Maybe there's hope that they continue to resume boats between resorts regularly.

Boats from MK/GF/Poly have been in service for awhile now.

Have they resumed room service? We have a lagoon view outer building room booked, if that matters.

Yes, they have!

Good Morning everyone

Quick question...has anyone heard if Cinderella is returning to GF?

My friend is going to the Christmas party and she unfortunately couldn't get BOG or Royal Table the night of the party and its her DD's 4th birthday. I thought Cinderella would be cute before and then get over the MK from the GF.

Or....does anyone have any other pre-party ideas for a little ones birthday?

Thanks so much for any help

We had a split stay between GF and YC in June, so we were there before you. But I have to say, in our experience, Mousekeeping did a much better job at GF. At GF, towels were replaced and trash was removed every day. They would also tidy up a bit. Much less was done at YC and it was every other day. Hopefully by February, things will be more normal for your trip.
that is good to hear. I was looking forward to our YC stay, had only done BC of the two previously, but was soooo disappointed. I cant see myself ever returning to YC. Walking back from EPCOT we ran into a family at Boardwalk and were shocked that they were getting trash removal, while YC made it seem like it was property wide.

that is good to hear. I was looking forward to our YC stay, had only done BC of the two previously, but was soooo disappointed. I cant see myself ever returning to YC. Walking back from EPCOT we ran into a family at Boardwalk and were shocked that they were getting trash removal, while YC made it seem like it was property wide.
Every other day Mousekeeping was listed as property wide. So, I was pleasantly surprised when Mousekeeping came each day. This was our first stay at GF. I do love YC. It won a special place in my heart when we were pixie dusted with an upgrade to CL a few years back. I am a Magic Kingdom lover and enthusiastic RD fan. GF is so pretty and the new walkway was perfect. I don't know where to stay on our next full week trip. The split stay worked out better than I thought it might. But picking up and moving was not ideal. We'll see. . .

Every other day Mousekeeping was listed as property wide. So, I was pleasantly surprised when Mousekeeping came each day. This was our first stay at GF. I do love YC. It won a special place in my heart when we were pixie dusted with an upgrade to CL a few years back. I am a Magic Kingdom lover and enthusiastic RD fan. GF is so pretty and the new walkway was perfect. I don't know where to stay on our next full week trip. The split stay worked out better than I thought it might. But picking up and moving was not ideal. We'll see. . .

That's some majorly awesome pixie dust! We are doing a spit stay in Feb, GF and CR (GW). Being close to MK this trip is going to be good with a toddler and 11 month old..... Kind of hoping that the Garden wing Incredibles update won't be done and we will get bumped to the atrium or another MK area resort.... probably wishful thinking, but stranger tings have happened!

As far as YC, we were expecting the every other day garbage removal, but even that wasn't happening! We ended up removing it each day ourselves, after three days and no pickup with stinky diapers. Also couldn't seem to get towels, despite multiple calls requesting. Ended up swiping some from a housekeeping cart.... I am sure this is not how it usually is, we have just had so much better experiences at other resorts that this left a bad taste in our mouths, among other issues we experienced. We love Disney and generally aren't complainers, but we have never had this kind of experience before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter